Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

U.S.-spec Ford Fiesta snapped at Burger King

23 posts in this topic

Autoblog reader Chris stopped for a Whopper with cheese at just the right moment the other day, as he happened upon a U.S.-spec Ford Fiesta five-door hatchback in his local Burger King's parking lot. The car's status was confirmed by the rather open Ford engineer who was driving it, who claimed that his car was 98% production ready for the U.S. He even let Chris sit in it, and he reports that the interior (see pic here) fit and finish was top notch with soft-touch materials and some seriously impressive seats. He told us the switch gear, IP dials, etc. also worked well and that he was surprised to find push button start in such a small car. While Chris did ask about what was powering this particular Fiesta, the engineer refused to comment saying only "we should be excited with what the plans are." Consider us excited. Thanks for the tip, Chris!

Source: Autoblog

fiesta2.jpg

fiesta1.jpg

fiestainterior.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

Go Ford! I'm thrilled that they didn't dumb down the Fiesta for us. This is the small car I would buy, the Aveo can go rot on rental lots.

Edited by Dodgefan

Cool, cool...it should compete well w/ the Fit. I hope they offer a diesel. It does look odd to see a Michigan plate on such a modern, European B-seg car, though.

Cool, cool...it should compete well w/ the Fit. I hope they offer a diesel. It does look odd to see a Michigan plate on such a modern, European B-seg car, though.

It doesn't really fit on it :lol:

It doesn't really fit on it :lol:

Yeah...you can see the front pad and the rear pocket are made for the wide European number plates...

This car is better looking than any of the subcompact entries currently available in the U.S. It should be a big hit for Ford when it reaches the U.S. market.

Just one minor gripe: I hope I don't see matte black door handles on this car. Ford has a great design here. I hope they don't ruin it with cheapened details like this. There is no reason for them to do this.

Bettr lookin than the Yaris, Aveo & Fit... but that's like saying

your house looks nicer than Ted Kazinski's cabin.

If only the Aveo looked like anyone cared what it turned out like. This looks great.

What's this, real competition for the Fit finally?

This sia nice design, glad to see as Siegen puts it "real competition for the Fit"

Although the Fit is such a popular and beloved car it's hard to imagine Ford will dent the sales momentum that Honda has.

Chris

Really cool to see Ford let its engineers make sure the cup-holders hold our King-Size fountain drinks, and see to it that the seats coddle our big, fat, North American asses. :P

I can't wait to see this car out and about, and giving the Fit some competition.

Really cool to see Ford let its engineers make sure the cup-holders hold our King-Size fountain drinks, and see to it that the seats coddle our big, fat, North American asses. :P

I can't wait to see this car out and about, and giving the Fit some competition.

Yes...add a sunroof, and I would seriously consider one of these as a commuter car...esp. the 5dr bodystyle. Hopefully, Sync will be available.

cmon, couldn't he have got better pics?

that interior is WAY COOL!

this is a small car I WOULD buy.

Cooler than the Fit (no sense mentioning anything else in the class) in at least a couple of ways: interior looks much higher class, and it will have a 3-door version available.

I like the five-door config.

I love the MINI, but this looks like a more practical and affordable and nearly as desirable choice. Hopefully we'll get an ST version with a 190 hp 1.6 turbo.

car_photo_236967_7.jpg

What? 4 Lug wheels? Not right FORD! :thumbsdown::smilewide:

Very good vehicle. Fit is in serious trouble. Finally one very good small car that will change perceptions among people about US manufacturers and small vehicle relationship.

One thing I've always said. GM and Ford CAN have better subcompacts than Japan because we have something they don't. European car companies that have been making great compacts for years.

I like the five-door config.

I love the MINI, but this looks like a more practical and affordable and nearly as desirable choice. Hopefully we'll get an ST version with a 190 hp 1.6 turbo.

car_photo_236967_7.jpg

i get the feeling that based upon what that engineer said, the 190hp 1.6 turbo is on the way. and i would enjoy it.

Cool. Should be a quality player. GM must be quite annoyed for failing to design the Corsa to meet US requirements now.

Ford's ability to move faster will pay huge dividends, the Euro Ford small cars are much more interesting than any of the Japanese vehicles on the market.

WOW, mazda-engineered, german designed, very nice!!! But I have been seeing awesome Fords for years when visiting family back in Europe... this should have happened ten years ago!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0