Teaser shot of 2010 LaCrosse

cire

Not sure if what I'll write is complete nonsense, but maybe the car on the other pics does not have a black grille. Could be the lighting...

For me what ruins the car's looks when compared to the concept is the headlight and front bumper design. I wish GM had done something closer to the concept on those two items.

Edited by ZL-1

The grille in this picture looks so much more bold and aggressive--the slats are thicker, and chrome-colored... that's what they should have standard. If the other grille is an option, I hope it's black chrome. To me, the grille sets off a car... weak grille, no interest in looking beyond it. (Although to me, interior is #1, exterior is #2)

• 3 weeks later...
Ford wishes... I expect the new LaCrosse could be better than the MKZ....

I actually like the MKS look, though the MKS is too big and too slow for me to be interested, but when the MKZ gets that styling theme next year, I think it will look really good. The interior looks like it will be much nicer also, plus ecoboost is coming. The LaCrosse won't be better than an MKZ, it will float and have non-responsive slushy steering, and it will no doubt be over weight. The MKZ is lighter than a 4-cylinder Malibu.

The LaCrosse won't be better than an MKZ, it will float and have non-responsive slushy steering, and it will no doubt be over weight.

And you know that because you've driven the LaCrosse, right?

:rolleyes:

This car looks great. I'm buying one.

I just wish it were named at least Allure to match the Canadian version, if not Invicta.

I suppose this is GM's Passat rather than an ES or TL.

Close. The Passat is the right price range but is smaller and probably lighter. The LaCrosse is a better match for the Maxima, Avalon, MKZ and surprisingly, the Accord, which is now costs thousands of dollars more than any other "family" sedan such as the Camry, Altima or Aura. Which is fair enough as its closer in size to the Avalon now anyway. This is because in a few key markets both the Accord and smaller Accord Euro are sold side by side as Hondas, and as the Accord Euro is now squarely aimed at the Passat in size, the standard Asian-American Accord/Inspire has to be so much bigger as well.

I actually like the MKS look, though the MKS is too big and too slow for me to be interested, but when the MKZ gets that styling theme next year, I think it will look really good. The interior looks like it will be much nicer also, plus ecoboost is coming. The LaCrosse won't be better than an MKZ, it will float and have non-responsive slushy steering, and it will no doubt be over weight. The MKZ is lighter than a 4-cylinder Malibu.

Are you correct about anything?

2008 FWD Lincoln MKZ -

Length = 190.5"

Weight = 3,469 lbs

2008 AWD Lincoln MKZ -

Length = 190.5"

Weight = 3,672 lbs

2008 FWD Chevrolet Malibu 4-Cyl LS

Length = 191.8"

Weight = 3,415 lbs

2008 FWD Chevrolet Malibu 4-Cyl LT

Length = 191.8"

Weight = 3,436 lbs

And how in the hell do you know anything about the LaCrosse's handling and performance on a new platform? You're just making things up, again.

A Malibu LTZ with 4-cylinder and 6 speed combo is 3649 pounds, a full 200 more than the MKZ with front drive and 6-speed auto.

The LaCrosse will be heavier, at least 3700 pounds, probably closer to 3800, so the MKZ is a lightweight by comparison.

The Aura XR has decent handling, if the LaCrosse handles better then it will be an okay car, but they will tune it to float for the geezers and make the steering unresposnive, that is what Buick does. There is no doubt in my mind that this car will be like a dressed up Malibu, 10-15 more hp, softer ride, "quiet tuning," a few more features inside, but basically the same car, and they'll price it at $26-32,000.

A Malibu LTZ with 4-cylinder and 6 speed combo is 3649 pounds, a full 200 more than the MKZ with front drive and 6-speed auto.

The LaCrosse will be heavier, at least 3700 pounds, probably closer to 3800, so the MKZ is a lightweight by comparison.

The Aura XR has decent handling, if the LaCrosse handles better then it will be an okay car, but they will tune it to float for the geezers and make the steering unresposnive, that is what Buick does. There is no doubt in my mind that this car will be like a dressed up Malibu, 10-15 more hp, softer ride, "quiet tuning," a few more features inside, but basically the same car, and they'll price it at $26-32,000.

If you think that, you once again proves you're a dumbass.

2nd: This is not ''dress up malibu''.

3nd: Pricing will likely be much high then what you lie about.

4nd: Stop it with your ''Buick is for old/float'' bull$h!.

Edited by Toyota.vs.GM

If it is priced much higher than what I think, it will be priced against a CTS. Buick can't command Cadillac pricing, especially with their entry level car. A Lucerne starts at $27,000 and that is their top of the line car, this has to cost less, or just cannabalize sales like the CTS did to the STS.

Same chassis, engine and transmission as a Malibu, even has a similar shaped interior, it is dressed up Malibu, just as a TL is a dressed up Accord.

If it is priced much higher than what I think, it will be priced against a CTS. Buick can't command Cadillac pricing, especially with their entry level car. A Lucerne starts at $27,000 and that is their top of the line car, this has to cost less, or just cannabalize sales like the CTS did to the STS.

Same chassis, engine and transmission as a Malibu, even has a similar shaped interior, it is dressed up Malibu, just as a TL is a dressed up Accord.

Yes...similar platform...Malibu is Epsilon, LaCrosse is Epsilon II, but it's a little bigger, but the same FWD layout and probably much the same as far as the dirty bits.

But Malibu, Aura, etc will all be Epsilon II in time anyway, and all share parts. I'll buy into Buick making a better Avalon (although they have yet to do it) or competing with the Taurus or Maxima, but I won't buy into them competing with Acura or Lexus or Lincoln.

But Malibu, Aura, etc will all be Epsilon II in time anyway, and all share parts. I'll buy into Buick making a better Avalon (although they have yet to do it) or competing with the Taurus or Maxima, but I won't buy into them competing with Acura or Lexus or Lincoln.

Based on MY 2009 cars, I see the Sable, Avalon, and Azera being the main competitors for the new LaCrosse.... the new Maxima is too sporty and the TL too sporty and too expensive.

Edited by moltar

We know you are a dumbaas,

1st: it's Not the same chassis as the Malibu

2nd: It will be less than the CTS.

3nd: Once again cut your '' dress up malibu'' bull$h! out.

4nd: This car is going for the Lexus ES and Acura TL.

5nd:The Lacrosse a great chance of selling 72,000-78,000 with an average transaction price of $34,000-$37,000 range.

Edited by Toyota.vs.GM

Ugh... did you or did you not think before quoting that? The 3.6l V6 is still standard on the LTZ trim, which is the weight quoted. Why do you think there's a 200lb difference between the LT & LTZ trim levels? Geez!! Straight from Chevrolet's website:

3.6L V6 DOHC Engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 3.6L V6 DOHC engine with Variable Vale Timing (VVT) is standard in LTZ(1) and available in 2LT.(2) The engine generates 252 horsepower at 6300 rpm and is mated to a six-speed automatic, electronically controlled transmission with overdrive and has an EPA estimated MPG 17 city, 26 highway.

1 Includes power-adjustable pedals.

2 Requires Engine Package.

The 4-cyl LTZ is a special order trim package only, and is optional. It's called the SPRING EDITION LTZ:

Four-Cylinder Spring Package

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available for LTZ, the package includes:

EPA estimated MPG 22 city, 32 highway with ECOTEC 2.4L engine

ECOTEC 2.4L engine

Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist

Chrome exhaust tip

17-inch chrome-tech bight aluminum wheels

P225/50R17 touring, blackwall tires

The 4-cyl Malibu is lighter than the MKZ. The 6-cyl Malibu is heavier than the 6-cyl MKZ. Who cares.

This is the next gen Malibu's platform, not the current generation Malibu, so how can it be a dressed-up Malibu that doesn't exist yet? This platform will come in two different versions too - SWB & LWB. Both are suppose to support AWD. This isn't the same platform as the current Malibu or current Aura. See the new Opel Insignia for references.

The LaCrosse CX & CXL received the Regal GS' tuned-suspension as standard when it debuted. Even without driving it (and I have - both the Regal GS & the LaCrosse) I know that the car doesn't float or perform anywhere close to how you insult it. It has a softer suspension than a BMW, but nothing really extraordinarily different from the rest of the mid-size sedan crowd.

Based on MY 2009 cars, I see the Sable, Avalon, and Azera being the main competitors for the new LaCrosse.... the new Maxima is too sporty and the TL too sporty and too expensive.

Agreed and the Sable is getting the axe soon. Another competitor is the Camry XLE, those can run to $31,000, same with the top line Accord.

We know you are a dumbaas,

1st: it's Not the same chassis as the Malibu

2nd: It will be less than the CTS.

3nd: Once again cut your '' dress up malibu'' bull$h! out.

4nd: This car is going for the Lexus ES and Acura TL.

5nd:The Lacrosse a great chance of selling 72,000-78,000 with an average transaction price of $34,000-$37,000 range.

A base Lexus ES is $34,320, a base CTS is $34,420, but Lexus doesn't have employee pricing so a CTS right now is actually priced below the ES. For the LaCrosse to go after the ES, the base price would have to be $34,000 and like you said sell around $37,000, which is the CTS's price range. That won't happen.

The LaCrosse now sells closer to 40,000 a year, adding $10,000 to the price is not going to double sales, unless they take 75-80% of Lucerne sales, which is very possible.

A base Lexus ES is $34,320, a base CTS is $34,420, but Lexus doesn't have employee pricing so a CTS right now is actually priced below the ES. For the LaCrosse to go after the ES, the base price would have to be $34,000 and like you said sell around $37,000, which is the CTS's price range. That won't happen.

The LaCrosse now sells closer to 40,000 a year, adding $10,000 to the price is not going to double sales, unless they take 75-80% of Lucerne sales, which is very possible.

Now more bull$h! comes out of you.

1st:First of all the Lexus has discounts too.

2:The Lacrosse base price doesn't have to be $34,000. Because you are a dumbass, you likely don't get what an Average Transaction Price is. Do the Buick Enclave start at $39,000 , NO, but the Enclave's Average Transaction Price is $39,000.

3:It doesn't matter what the current Lacrosse sells.

4 Once again. It's very likely the new Lacrosse will sell 72,000-78,000, with an Average Transaction Price in the $34,000-$37,000 range

The LaCrosse CX & CXL received the Regal GS' tuned-suspension as standard when it debuted. Even without driving it (and I have - both the Regal GS & the LaCrosse) I know that the car doesn't float or perform anywhere close to how you insult it. It has a softer suspension than a BMW, but nothing really extraordinarily different from the rest of the mid-size sedan crowd.

Ven, don't mind him. He just has an extrordinarily large colon. How else can you explain all the sh*t he pulls out of his :butthead:?

I had a CXS for a week a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what suspension bits it used vs. the CX/CXL, but the car felt very composed and responsive on the road. The car felt surprisingly taut - not that far off from my dad's Intrigue - but with just enough softness to make it a great long distance cruiser. Steering was very responsive with no play whatsoever. Anyone who doesn't think the next LaCrosse will improve on this has gotta be on something....oh wait.

The Intrigue GLS is probably the best W-body I've driven, and I thought it was a little soft and would bounce or float a bit too much on an uneven road. The Grand Prix Comp G handles better, but it rode harder and engine lacked refinement. The Impala is the 2nd worst handling car I have ever driven (previous Ford Taurus takes that honor) although the LeSabre is really bad too, the Impala has better steering. The Camry is bad also, but I never drove the current generation.

I am sure that the new LaCrosse will improve upon the current, but that isn't hard to do. GM often falls into the trap of thinking that since they improved a car it will be competitive, the measuring stick is not how much better it is than the current LaCrosse, but how much better is it than an Avalon (or Lincoln, Lexus, etc).

What is the Average transaction price on a Lucerne? I don't know, but would guess it to be $30-32,000 since I mainly see the V6 model.

Arg. I was trying SO hard to stay out of it, but I can't.

What makes you think the NG LaCrosse will automatically be this soft, billowy ride? It's obvious that Buick is changing. They're changing at a conservative rate as to not head the route of Oldsmobile. It is evident they can build a LaCrosse that rides and handles beautifully--just look at the reviews of the Super? They rave over and over about its composure on the road. And that's on a W-platform.

...the measuring stick is not how much better it is than the current LaCrosse, but how much better is it than an Avalon (or Lincoln, Lexus, etc).

That goes without saying. But by you stating that you think the NG LaCrosse will have a soft, lumbering ride with numb steering, you're implying that you expect the NG LaCrosse to be worse than the current car, as the real-world experiences with the current LaCrosse in this thread prove that it's not a floaty handling mushy steering car at all.