Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Fast and Furious 4 Trailer is out

Ok...they are chasing a tanker in a mountainous desert area...but it's supposed to be the Dominican Republic--an island in the Caribbean? Riiiiiight..

The Regal is probably a Year One clone like cars they've used in previous F&F flicks..

Ok...they are chasing a tanker in a mountainous desert area...but it's supposed to be the Dominican Republic--an island in the Caribbean? Riiiiiight..

The Regal is probably a Year One clone like cars they've used in previous F&F flicks..

Um They Destroyed Alot of Mopars in the second one. Cut holes in PRISTINE ORIGINAL LEATHER SEATS for a stupid 5 point racing harness. they used 13 i think? I was watching about it on Muscle Car on Spike TV.

Hopefully they wreck a lot of Mitsu Evo's and the like. There are some way cool Asian cars but there are also Asian cars that really just deserve to die.

Looks like a decent way to spend a mindless evening.

Chris

Hopefully they wreck a lot of Mitsu Evo's and the like. There are some way cool Asian cars but there are also Asian cars that really just deserve to die.

Looks like a decent way to spend a mindless evening.

Chris

Yeah...a decent popcorn movie. I remember going to the theater to see the first one...a bunch of kiddies in their riced out Integras, Civics, and Eclipses were in the parking lot revving their cars, comparing their yellow windshield wipers, fart car exhausts... I fired up my 5.0 w/ the Flowmaster mufflers, and peeled out of the lot drifting sideways... :) Ah, to be young and foolish again.. :)

Yeah...a decent popcorn movie. I remember going to the theater to see the first one...a bunch of kiddies in their riced out Integras, Civics, and Eclipses were in the parking lot revving their cars, comparing their yellow windshield wipers, fart car exhausts... I fired up my 5.0 w/ the Flowmaster mufflers, and peeled out of the lot drifting sideways... :) Ah, to be young and foolish again.. :)

People laugh at 5.0's but a decent running 5.0 or V8 Camaro can take a ricemobile, suck it through the intake and spit it out the exhaust...

I'm glad you kept both your 69 and your 5.0.

Chris

People laugh at 5.0's but a decent running 5.0 or V8 Camaro can take a ricemobile, suck it through the intake and spit it out the exhaust...

Chris

Yeah, I'll never get rid of the 5.0 or the '69 351 Sportsroof...both have sentimental connections to my late father...my dad bought the '69 before I was born, and willed it to me, and he bought me the 5.0 as an early HS graduation gift. The '87 5.0s, though rated at only 225hp, were light and deceptively fast cars...

Edited by moltar

Moltar: FuuuQ yeah! :metal:

I went to see the second one, with the gorgeous LeMans blue '69 YSC in the theaters.

At the time I owned the '68 Camaro still, so I might have also done a few gratuitous

burnout sessions in the spirit of pissing off Ricers. :wink:

Yeah, I'll never get rid of the 5.0 or the '69 351 Sportsroof...both have sentimental connections to my late father...my dad bought the '69 before I was born, and willed it to me, and he bought me the 5.0 as an early HS graduation gift. The '87 5.0s, though rated at only 225hp, were light and deceptively fast cars...

Go to a vintage sportscar race (for the 69's) or an SCCA American Sedan class race or a NASA Camaro-Mustang challenge race.

These cars are way more fun when driven in anger on the track. I am not suggesting you risk either car by racing it, but watching these ole F Bodies and Mustangs do there thing is just one of the best car experiences one can have.

I was at Mid Ohio Turn 7 flagging/corner working a Vintage race (few years ago) when a Jag E-type dumped it's entire crank case at the end of the back strait. Everyone managed to avoid everyone else, but we had Firebirds, Camaro's, Mustangs, Vettes and Cobras everywhere.

But seriously, go out to the track. You will have fun...I promise.

Chris

Go to a vintage sportscar race (for the 69's) or an SCCA American Sedan class race or a NASA Camaro-Mustang challenge race.

These cars are way more fun when driven in anger on the track. I am not suggesting you risk either car by racing it, but watching these ole F Bodies and Mustangs do there thing is just one of the best car experiences one can have.

I was at Mid Ohio Turn 7 flagging/corner working a Vintage race (few years ago) when a Jag E-type dumped it's entire crank case at the end of the back strait. Everyone managed to avoid everyone else, but we had Firebirds, Camaro's, Mustangs, Vettes and Cobras everywhere.

But seriously, go out to the track. You will have fun...I promise.

Chris

About ten years ago, I took the '87 to a BMW club track day...took the '96 M3 I had then also (had a friend drive the BMW to the track). I took both of them out on the track (Second Creek near Denver, no longer exists--now is a subdivision), had a blast...the crappy stock disk/drum brakes were the Mustang's limitation. The M3 was an absolute joy on the track.

A couple years ago, I went to a track day event in Pueblo, Co with the NSX club and took turns driving the course in my buddy Steve's NSX...that car is a blast on a track..

Ever thought of Autocross-we had a blast with the Miata club this last Sunday. We held our event in the parking lot at the Ohio Historical center, and one of the rather elderly female historians wanted a ride. One of our members also has a beautiful black LS1 powered 2004 GTO, and we put her in a helmet and gave her an "A ticket" ride in that GTO.

The LS1 Sounds WUUUUUNDERFUL under full throttle. Pure sex on wheels....

We'll see if she wants another ride when we go back for the September autocross.

...and keep enjoying that damned Mustang!

Chris

Ever thought of Autocross-we had a blast with the Miata club this last Sunday. We held our event in the parking lot at the Ohio Historical center, and one of the rather elderly female historians wanted a ride. One of our members also has a beautiful black LS1 powered 2004 GTO, and we put her in a helmet and gave her an "A ticket" ride in that GTO.

The LS1 Sounds WUUUUUNDERFUL under full throttle. Pure sex on wheels....

We'll see if she wants another ride when we go back for the September autocross.

...and keep enjoying that damned Mustang!

Chris

Yeah..I'm flying out Thursday to Pittsburgh, going to get both Mustangs out this weekend and enjoy them (they are stored in Ohio).

Speaking of fast cars, possibly the fastest (in a straight line) I've ever had the pleasure of driving was my brother's '68 Camaro SS 396...rough shifting 4 speed, loud, raw, brutally fast car.....a totally different sensation than my '87 Mustang 5.0 or my refined '96 M3. No cupholders, no a/c, only an AM radio, though...totally impractical. Le Mans blue w/ the white stripe over the front header panel and down the sides, chrome thingys on the hood..what a wild car. He should have kept it.

DF:

I gotta disagree with you here... I fully understand your

disgust w/ the series, and trust me I have gripes myself

but I do consider these movies guilty pleasure.

Have not seen the 3rd movie but the 427 powered 1969

Yenko Super Camaro in the 2nd movie was the first

(and only?) big screen use of a Yenko anything, & I am

a diehard, white-knuckle, "get-into-a-barfight-over-it"

1969 Camaro fanatic, so the YSC is like my holy grail

when it comes to muscle cars.

The sceene with that scary looking Kenworth W900 &

krazy-funky 5-th wheel Chevy trucks is enough that I

will go see this in theaters, the forced induction G-body

tri-sheild is just icing on the cake.

You gotta take it for what it is, eye-candy.

Kind of like a really fancy wedding cake shapped like

a New Orleans mansion with a '57 Bel Air hardtop in

the horseshoe driveway... looks pretty damn cool but

probably not much substance once you bite into it.

Even when the cars suck, those Mitsu-bitchy twins in

the second movie were disgusting, like two big gross

boogers that fell out of King Kong's nose, esp. the

hideous Eclipse, the crashes, stunts & over-the-top

bull$hit driving/jumping is still fun to watch.

Moltar/Stang66:

Rally Racing is probably about no.3 on my list of all time coolest motrosports,

the first two would be 24 hours of LeMans & 1967/8/9/70/71 Trans Am 5.0

series that basically resulted in the coolest combo in human history:

muscle car + race track that turns left AND right, a lot. :wub:

Chris

Yep, I remember the first F&F was the first movie I ever tried to see that was sold out. I actually loved that movie, hated the second one and never saw the third. This one might be worth a look though!

I remember the riced out poser boys in the parking lot too.

RE: THE 5.0. Those cars will run like CRAZY and they have an exhaust note that is next to god IMO.

The second one is better than the first IMO just for the fact

that the '69 Yenko Camaro gets some screen time... AND

a modern riced-out Mustang gets eaten, chewed up & spit

out by wheels 15-18 of an 18-wheeler.

I'm sick to death of the same old cars in movies.

I'd rather watch a Care-bears Xmas special than see 'nother

flick with a '64.5 Mustang or a '68-'70 Charger... that $h! is

so played out it's pathetic. Even the (Barra)'Cuda, Ferrari

(insert any generic V12-powered '80s Italian Sausage here)

'68-'74 Nova, '70 Chevelle, Viper... there's just so many cars

that have had their time on the big screen time & time again,

and yet the underexposed '69 Camaro is IMHO way cooler!

Yep, I remember the first F&F was the first movie I ever tried to see that was sold out. I actually loved that movie, hated the second one and never saw the third. This one might be worth a look though!

That's funny..it was sold out the night I saw it also...it was a new theater, big one with stadium seating in Colorado Springs...the ushers were asking people to move in and not leave any seats empty..I liked the first one, 2nd was so-so (liked the cars, though). The third was not bad, the plot a bit overly implausable (not that the first two were plausable)...way too much CGI, though. Looking forward to the 4th, nice to see Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez back for this one to provide eye candy.. :)

Edited by moltar

Fu** the chicks... my p0rn stash is mighty, i just want lots of car-n-car action!

on second thought... yeah, f#$% the chicks., :smilewide:

I think they actually will have some "real" cars in this one. I own all the movies. :duck:

It don't get anymore REAL than a '69 Yenko Super Camaro

with a high-nickel-content 427, even a clone of one is so

mighty that everytime one starts up Al Gore has a small

twitch in his brain & Mustangs get the chills.