Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

MKs

13 posts in this topic

no, i didn't drive one. but when i was picking up the new rig last week, i spent LOTS of time on the showfloor sitting in one, first experience with one.

i would not knock this car. this car has a really nice interior. the smell and feel and quality of the leather alone is to die for. the twin sunroof rocks. the interior overall is basically a much more well done version of the S80. I liked pretty much all the textures and finishes and all of that despite how bland it looks in pictures its pretty damn nice in person.

The CTS is more high design and avante gard......but i think traditional lux buyers will prefer the larger plusher cabin in the MKs. To a car fan, the CTS will prob be preferred but to me and probably many casual car observers I think they may prefer seat time in the MKs.

My impression of the car was reinforced the other day when i was on the interstate and one came by going the other way. The car has quite a presence in person in motion. The front is mean and distinctive and the side character shoulder line it crisp and dramatic. The rear has a nice look in motion also. It stands out, most defintely.....low swung and swoopy. Large car, almost menacing. in the showroom it looked very bold in the flesh in bright colors as well. Some of the detailing on the car is not as dramatic as a CTS, but IMHO the car has much more presence than a 3 series for example.

I think I would go so far to say I would get one w/ ecoboost before I got a CTS for example. Larger, plusher. CTS rocks, the MKs is just creamier.

Edited by regfootball

They're very big in person, too. And nice looking inside and out. I think we've sold 3 so far, we have 3 more on the lot.

I haven't seen one in person yet. I think either Sunday or Labor Day, when the salesmen won't be there to stalk me, I'll head down to the local Lincoln-Mercury store to check one out. In pictures, I wish it wasn't so tall, but seeing it in real life usually changes my perspective.

I love the new MKS commercials by the way...very classy.

I saw at the Denver Auto Show back in March...looks very good...surprisingly tall car...the cowl and front fenderline is high, SUV-like. Looking forward to seeing them on the roads...looks like a solid addition for Lincoln.

They are super sexy and I am not a traditional Ford guy. Nor do I dislike Fords but have always bought GM and like there stuff better. I just wish it had a Cadillac badge on the hood! Cadillac could be taking notes for the next DTS.

I so see this being a Buick. To me it has all the qualities I'd want in a Buick--spacious, powerful, luxurious, bold--yet elegant and traditional to a degree (I think it's the type wood and woodgrain that makes me think traditional)... I would love to see that in the Buick lineup. The last Lincoln I really liked was the Mark VIII.

They're very big in person, too. And nice looking inside and out. I think we've sold 3 so far, we have 3 more on the lot.

We've sold about 30 so far, that's pretty damn good for a smallish/medium sized L/M store. If I could afford one I'd buy one. Very comfy for my lanky frame.

I like the look, the grille is really nice, although I don't like the huge size of the car and it being front drive. When the MKS front end treatment gets on the smaller and lighter MKZ, I think they are going to have a strong seller.

yes, massive cars. yet, very accomodating.

My favorite part of the MKS is the interior, I really need to go check one out in person, it looks very nice. Ford has been on a role with interiors lately. I the front, the rest isn't bad, although not as distinctive.

Edited by Dodgefan

I went to Junge Lincoln-Mercury this weekend and looked at the MKS...it's a big car! It looks big in pictures, but it's even bigger in person. I had the same reaction with the Five Hundred the first time I saw it in person parked next to my Lumina. The blue oval alone seemed like it was six inches wide.

I also went to the Pontiac dealer and checked out the G8. It's a real stunner in person; I wasn't that thrilled at first when we learned it was just going to be a Holden with a Pontiac nose, but I've really warmed up to it and think it makes a great Pontiac even with the Holden sheet metal.

mks and g8 are both very large cars. i saw a stryker blue g8 over lunch and my GAWD that thing has length. gorgeous car.

My buddy and I spent 20 minutes looking over a black one the other day. The interior is the best part of this car. We also thought the grille was pretty distinctive. The trunk was not as big as we thought it would be like the Taurus. The exterior styling is typical of todays designers. Strip off all the trim and call it a day just like everybody else is doing. Very bland and Lexus like on the sides with the asinine misplaced chrome strip on the bottom of the doors where it does no good whatsoever and will turn to crap inside one or two winters. The lack of a V8 is a negative too but the 3.7 should be adequate. To us this was in no way shape or form a replacement for the Town Car or LS but instead another FWD or AWD slightly bigger alternative to the MK whatever it's called Fusion body car which we checked out right after. It could also be considered a fancier Taurus, worth considering but definately not going to set your heart on fire.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0