Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Latest Fall Fashions

ocnblu

Just saw a new Mazda6 on the road today. caught me by surprise. i think it was the 4cyl. didn't have "true" dual exhaust.

it looked good, but i mostly saw the side and rear. the front screams rx8 and the rest is not that close to the last mazda6.

i'd need another look at it from more angles to give more of an opinion

Just saw a new Mazda6 on the road today. caught me by surprise. i think it was the 4cyl. didn't have "true" dual exhaust.

it looked good, but i mostly saw the side and rear. the front screams rx8 and the rest is not that close to the last mazda6.

i'd need another look at it from more angles to give more of an opinion

Wow, same here. I was heading down the highway in Rehoboth and passing through a green light, saw a filthy new gray '09 Mazda 6 4-cyl in a turning lane to the left crooked, trying to get back on the highway. Jersey driver, of course, lost in outer space without their circles and backwards turn around lanes. :stupid:

Looked good, but nothing shockingly standout...smooth, flowing lines and proper proportions, basically.

Was sitting at the light this morning across the street from my local Cadillac store..they had a 1/2 dozen '08 CTSes, a white XLR, a couple STSes, a black STS-v, and a bright red G8 GT rotating on the corner dais... Shweeet.

Someone at my school drives a red Grumman LLV diesel. I think he just might have the coolest car on campus.

Someone at your school daily drives a retired mail truck? That might be cool if it was one of the old Jeep DJ-5's, but the LLV is uuuuuuuuuugly. Pictures, please!

A few Mazda6. I've seen all 3 body styles available here, actually (sedan, 5-door and wagon). I'm reserving judgment until I see the US-spec car in person, but so far I think the Euro Mazda6 looks better.

Edited by ZL-1

Went to lunch and drove around a bit through the neighborhood one major street below mine..saw some oldies--white '60/61 Falcon 2dr, clean, pale blue '64 or so Valiant 2dr sedan, clean, and a baby blue '75 Olds 88 convertible, very clean.

I saw a silver Challenger SRT8 on the rotating dais at the local Dodge store...sweet. First one I've seen outside of an auto show. I saw a sharp silver blue w/ white top mid '60s Corvette conv and a clean white 1976-77 4dr Dodge Aspen..haven't seen one of those in eons.

Past six weeks or so:

1. 1968 Dodge Charger, black with flat black scallop stripes.

Julie actually saw this one like four times in our neighborhood

and her descriptions included girl-lingo like:

it was like one of those old-school classic muscle cars, from

the sixties or whatever... BIG giant drag tires and it had those

baby-rollerbalde tires mounted on bars that stick out from

under the rear bumper like a REAL dragster, and it's mean and

has something cool to look at from every angle!

Turns out she was right, this Mopar dragster makes Vin Diesel's

F&F Charger look like a Camry LE.

By comparison, the average big-block powered, ready for the

strip "pro-street" car is damn stock '75 Mustang II.

2. Nissan Sentra 2-door hatchback... (1988-1992?) NEVER seen one before, ever

3. '79 Camaro hardtop, 100% stock & original that was cleaner than an average

Pierce Arrow on the lawn at Pebble Beach. I as driving the Benz and gave him a

hearty thumbs up. It seemed to make him proud that some kid in an '80s yuppie

rocket was giving his '79 Chevy a compliment.

4. late 1960s era Peterbilt (359) carrying a tank-long distance gun that

(to my not-so-trained-eye) made a M1a Abrams tank look like a pea-shooter!

[i got photos of this, thank god will post them soon....]

5. clone of our 500SEC, down to the paint, except with th ugly, bulky

US bumpers, but customized with all-white (clear euro) lenses and

a kickass set of 20" rims.

Yesterday I saw a couple neat old modified Chevy trucks...a blue '71-72 stepside, and a bronze early '80s stepside w/ tube grille. Saw a tattered brown w/ brown top '74 Valiant today, and a lt blue late '70s Pinto wagon.

At Target today:

Saw a Lincoln MKS for the first time in the wild....black w/ dark window tint, tan leather interior...they look really sharp in person...I like the sculpturing and distinct pointyness to the centre of the rear bumper.

I parked next to a dark blue '80s Caddy Eldorado Biarittz convertible...looked great, except for the tacky gold trim.

Saw a dark gray Bentley Continental GT.

Saw an interesting variety of cars yesterday...2 '08 CTSes--dark gray and pearl white, 2 '08 Malibus that did not appear to be rentals (good news!), a new Mazda 6 in black (didn't realize they were out yet--pretty sharp), a red late model Lotus Esprit, a faded red '70s Lancia Beta coupe (haven't seen anything like that in ages).

This month, I've seen stuff like the following:

-International Scout

-International Travelall

-78-81 Malibu 4-dr. blacked out, nice and racy looking

-Ferrari Mondial on the freeway this afternoon

-chopped Mercury, probably 50 or 51

-61/62ish full-size Mercury

There was a donked Taurus running around downtown York today. It had ventiports and 32s. :blink:

OMG Mr. Nut, I drove by that yellow Smrt twice yesterday! What were you doing in town?

Just looking around. There wasn't much going on at school here in York, so I decided to take a trip up to Harrisburg and figured I should hit Lancaster while I was out.

Saw a black VW Tiguan today..first one I've seen...not bad. Saw a white '60 Ranchero and a yellow w/ black vinyl top '65 Mustang..both very clean.

In the parking garage I've parking in for work this week, I've seen some interesting cars...a derelict '71-72 El Camino w/ no hood, big block V8, the whole thing (incl. grille and bumpers) painted a nasty medium blue (looks like latex house paint or something), bed full of junk. A maroon '96 Caprice SS in very clean shape... a black Jag XF. A very clean gold '76-79 Seville--no vinyl top.