The Latest Fall Fashions

ocnblu

For the past two days I've seen a Lamborghini Gallardo (Superleggera? couldn't tell) parked in the main lot of my school.

Also, saw the new Audi A4 on my way home tonight. Looks like the XF from behind with the lights on... I couldn't tell it was an Audi until I passed it and saw the LED headlights. Nice, though.

From the "You can't make this sh*t up!" file:

photo0047ge8.jpg

That's a mid-90s Seville, with a complete bedroom ensemble attached to its roof. Yep - a night table, dresser, and a desk were all there. So was the mattress and boxspring. The trunk (as you can see) and the back seat of the car were filled to the top with junk. The body was just about resting on the wheels. Such a shame - I still like those cars.

I can tell fall is here---the convertibles have their tops down, incl. a bright red '80s Avanti. Saw 5 convertibles with the tops down tonight coming home from work, the arrival of cooler weather (highs around 100 or less) is bringing them out. Another sign of fall is the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks...enjoyed one this morning from the Starbucks in City Hall..

50s Rambler. A compact from when America didn't care for compacts.

What I believe to be a 53 or 54 Chevy.

Yet another Falcon....seems enough were bought back then (just like Darts) for thousands to still be on the road.

A Saleen Explorer. I don't think I've ever seen one. And two of those new Saturn hatchbacks, both black 4 doors. Also, a black '68 Torino coupe with gold GT stripes, but no other GT markings. It was NOT a fastback, but a notchback coupe. I don't know that much about Fords of that era, I am thinking it must have been a clone of some sort. Was there a Torino GT notchback in '68? Edited by ocnblu

HarleyE:

Ifor one, am not that impressed with the new RR, or any RR of the past 4 or5 decades.

Saw a couple silver Porsches this morning when out running errands--a Cayman S and a late model glass-top 911 Targa. Saw a clean off-white '65 Mustang, a rusty, well worn '70s Nova Concours sedan (lt green), and a black G8 GT...

A Saleen Explorer. I don't think I've ever seen one. And two of those new Saturn hatchbacks, both black 4 doors. Also, a black '68 Torino coupe with gold GT stripes, but no other GT markings. It was NOT a fastback, but a notchback coupe. I don't know that much about Fords of that era, I am thinking it must have been a clone of some sort. Was there a Torino GT notchback in '68?

Yes, there was a Torino GT notchback coupe in '68 and '69...rather rare, I think. Mercury also had a Cyclone notchback coupe in '68.

The '01 Bonneville that I wanted is still for sale at the same place... for about $1,400 less. And my wife now says it's ok if I want to get it. :booyah::dance:

Only things I'll have to do/have done to it is get the passenger front window motor fixed and put a CD player in.

Edited by Lamar

Went lot hopping today. All-GM car show at a nearby Chevy dealer... lots of SWEET old GM vehicles to gawk at. Two '80 Chevy A-bodies (Malibu Classic and Elkie) with the sportier, horizontal bar '81 grille installed in both. Listened to a '25 Chevy at idle... a mechanical sweetheart. Saw a new black Cobalt 1LT there, in black with the chrome package, a nice upgrade. Two '09 Focus coupes, at 2 different dealers, they've done a good job with a minor restyle, and the car is value-packed for the price, more features for less money than a Cobalt on the versions I looked at. '09 Mustang GT in Vapor Silver with Glass Roof :drool: The Patriot's new interior is much nicer than before, you won't cut your fingers on the dash anymore. And a SPUNKY '09 Fit Sport in light blue... with the usual "SOLD" tag on the dashboard, at "my" local dealership.

'09 Mustang GT in Vapor Silver with Glass Roof :drool:

Cool..didn't realize the glass roof was out yet.. by the way, are the car dealers closed on Sundays in PA? That was one of the things I liked in CO, the ability to wander around the lots without being bugged by salesmen. Not like that in AZ..open 7 days.

Saw a black Challenger SRT8 in traffic this morning--goregous--with a license plate reading 'NOT2GRN' and an Obama 08 sticker on the bumper. Woo hoo!!! Supreme coolness.

Saw a yellow w/ white top 'Banana Boat' '78/79 Caddy Coupe de Ville lowrider this morning and this evening...very clean shape.

Saw a silver '72 Impala Custom Coupe w/ a white hood sitting at a gas station, looked solid.

Edited by moltar

Since I work downtown right by city government, county government, and state government offices, I see a variety of official vehicles..saw several city Fire Department cars today--ranging from a '90s Lumina to current Impalas and an Intrepid w/ chrome wheels, all bright red. The city vehicles range from Impalas, Crown Vics, Colorados, Silverados, F150s, to a fleet of Priuses (!). On the street beside City Hall, there is a '95-97 Crown Vic police car that seems to be in the same spot everyday..odd to see such an old car still in service.

Saw two vintage Cadillac 2dr hts, no vinyl tops (Calais?)...a sharp black '69-70 and a lowered, primered '71-72...so big..they really stand out amidst the usual traffic of Priuses, Camrys, SUVs, and other generica...

Another sighting today was a Crown Vic in the city parking garage with 'Hydrogen powered' logos on the doors.. I'll have to stop and look at it closer next week... something in fleet use by one of the city departments.

This sighting is not so much about the car, but what I saw on it...

2 gen back Accord with Florida plates.

On the right side of the bumper was one of those religious fish things, except it was being eaten by a dinosaur. Then on the left side of the bumper was a sticker for Hillary. The kicker, in the middle of the bumper was a sticker for McCain/Palin!

So... the person sides with science/evolution over religion... liked Hillary... but now sides with the super-religious?

This sighting is not so much about the car, but what I saw on it...

2 gen back Accord with Florida plates.

On the right side of the bumper was one of those religious fish things, except it was being eaten by a dinosaur. Then on the left side of the bumper was a sticker for Hillary. The kicker, in the middle of the bumper was a sticker for McCain/Palin!

So... the person sides with science/evolution over religion... liked Hillary... but now sides with the super-religious?

Maybe 2 people... I've met couples were there the spouses were politically quite the opposite from each other...strange, though.

Some hot rod on the freeway, might have been a T-bucket. I usually assume Ford for those kind of cars.

Also, an early 50s 2-door, might have been a Chevy.

A 55-56 Buick Special last night.

And a car show of air cooled VWs, mostly Bugs of course, a few Buses, and one Karmann Ghia.

And lastly on the freeway, some douchebag popping a wheelie on his crotch rocket.

While Malibu shopping this past week and weekend, of course saw the first Traverse arrival on 3 of the 5 lots.

Before that, saw a white Traverse LTZ strolling down the highway as I left work, with an out of state dealer plate...I think a dealer on a beach weekend.

Cool look, and that great Lambda presence & quality aura. I like them.