August 2008 Sales: General Motors

LaCrosse 5,814 for the month 29,045 for the year

Lucerne 5,920 for the month 37,600 for the year

Enclave 6,078 for the month 31,729 for the year

99,009 total in the first 8 months (down 21.5%) puts them on pace for 149,500 cars this year.

I think August was their best volume month this year, employee pricing is probably boosting sales.

Saab and Hummer combined have sold 35,000 total units in 2008, that's pathetic.

Edited by smk4565

• 2 weeks later...

It's not so simple to just change the Saturn logo to an Opel logo. For those that remember Opel being sold on U.S. shores many moons ago, it left a sour taste in the mouths of americans.

It costs money to change the logo over, not to mention, more money on top of that to re-create positive brand recognition for those who aren't familiar with Opel overseas...

Now that I think of it, since everyone here is so keen to break the Saturn name and simply sell Opel products with an Opel badge...let's do the same with Vauxhall in the U.K. but why stop there, let's re-badge the Pontiac G8 as a Holden since that's also the proper way it should be.

It's not so simple to just change the Saturn logo to an Opel logo. For those that remember Opel being sold on U.S. shores many moons ago, it left a sour taste in the mouths of americans.

It costs money to change the logo over, not to mention, more money on top of that to re-create positive brand recognition for those who aren't familiar with Opel overseas...

Now that I think of it, since everyone here is so keen to break the Saturn name and simply sell Opel products with an Opel badge...let's do the same with Vauxhall in the U.K. but why stop there, let's re-badge the Pontiac G8 as a Holden since that's also the proper way it should be.

the saturn logo flat out sucks balls. how feminine of a logo can you get? One thing is for sure, when i pick up my astra, i'll need to start shopping to debadge the saturn tag off the front.

Sure it is, just stop putting Saturn and Vauxhaul badges on them and ship them with just the Opel badges. Most people on this site or in North America don't remember Buick-Opel.

You would make up the cost in a few months by not buying Saturn and Vauxhall badges.

Here I couldn't agree more, except lets just replace Pontiac with Holden in the USA. :scratchchin:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S