Weddings....

Satty

I hate weddings. No real reason, I just do. I got an invitation for an old friends wedding next month. I really dont want to go, because I really dislike weddings. Have I mentioned that? I tried using the no babysitter excuse(a lie, btw), she said that I could bring my son. I'll think of some way to weasel my way out of going.

All this got me thinking about mine, which is tentatively scheduled for sometime between 1/1/2010 and 12/31/2020. I've already asked if I can have someone stand in for me during the ceremony so I can play video games or something. That got a no.

I hate weddings. No real reason, I just do. I got an invitation for an old friends wedding next month. I really dont want to go, because I really dislike weddings. Have I mentioned that? I tried using the no babysitter excuse(a lie, btw), she said that I could bring my son. I'll think of some way to weasel my way out of going.

All this got me thinking about mine, which is tentatively scheduled for sometime between 1/1/2010 and 12/31/2020. I've already asked if I can have someone stand in for me during the ceremony so I can play video games or something. That got a no.

Ohhhhh brother I'm with you on hating weddings. I am in my niece's wedding this month on the 20th. The wedding is in Scotland and I have to wear a kilt, I am not happy. :nono:

I always enjoy them...I have one to go to in Colorado next month. As long as they aren't outdoors in August, I'm usually fine.. (I went to two 10 years ago that were in hot, humid places--Chicago and Buffalo--in August...ugh.)

Ohhhhh brother I'm with you on hating weddings. I am in my niece's wedding this month on the 20th. The wedding is in Scotland and I have to wear a kilt, I am not happy. :nono:

Hey, I'm a groomsman at my college roomate's wedding on the 20th too! Although my wedding is in Fort Dodge, IA...nothing fancy shmancy like Scotland.

I generally don't mind weddings...well, I don't mind the reception afterward. The actual wedding is usually pretty boring, and it's even worse if your in the wedding party and have to get there hours early for pictures and such. But the receptions are usually pretty fun for me.

There is always the son got diarrhea on that day or car broke down on your way to the wedding excuses.

BTW, you have absolutely nothing on schedule between 09/04/2008 through 31/12/2009?

Edited by 79VetteZ06

wife and i met at a wedding. her cousin and my college roommate. my wifes best friend maid of honor and one of my best friends groomsmen met at our wedding, and hooked up, and got married. its this sick little chain.

i've known a lot of people who got together at weddings. mustang, look out, you might get charmed in that groomsman gear.

Are you planning to have double doctorate in law or you want to be Van Wilder?

Hmmmm.....I have thought about doing a J.D./MBA, it would get me closer to my goal of filling an entire wall up with degrees. I'll have 3 (1 Associates, 2 Bachelor's) by the summer of 2010.

We're really not in any big hurry, it is going to happen sometime.

I don't really mind them anymore now that I've had the opportynity to actually WATCH some as opposed to being in them (usher, groomsman, pianist).

That said, I'm looking forward to being in my brother's wedding this coming May.

• 1 month later...

Ugggg....today is the day. I still haven't come up with a good reason to not go. I'm thinking a "work emergancy" is going to pull me away from the reception because the Mizzou-Texass game starts at 7, so does Game 6 of the ALCS, both of which are more important to me than hanging out with a bunch of people I dont particularly like. Plus, no open bar.

Ok, I was wrong, they did have an open bar, but it wasn't enough to keep me around that long. We went to the wedding then spent a couple hours at the reception. Enough time or me to catch up with people I haven't seen in a while (the bride is friends with my sister and she and I were close in high school, and I used to work with the groom's dad) and show off my fiancee, then leave.

Edited by Satty

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got a friend getting married (again) this afternoon. So this morning we went out and had an epic paintball war, which is his wedding morning tradition, one I assume I'll be taking part in again in 5 years or so.

You guys have any idea how much it sucks to get hit in the ass crack with a paintball?

I've been to 3 weddings. One for a cousin, whose wedding was very pretty but was like 3 hours with a fancy reception (and bad food), one for a family friend's whose was kinda long but at least they had Fudruckers cater, and on for another cousin whose lasted less than a half hour followed by a reception.

People who have outdoor weddings in the middle of July are jerks. Its even worse when the ceremony lasts damn near 2 hours. Needless to say, we skipped out on the reception out of spite.

Oh, and on the slightly awkward side of things, the guy performing the ceremony is the father of the groom's ex-wife.

People who have outdoor weddings in the middle of July are jerks. Its even worse when the ceremony lasts damn near 2 hours. Needless to say, we skipped out on the reception out of spite.

Oh, and on the slightly awkward side of things, the guy performing the ceremony is the father of the groom's ex-wife.

Uhhhhhhhhh...the reception is the all-expenses-paid meal. Unless they had Cracker Barrel cater it with a Kroger wedding cake, I'd say you f@#ked up by skipping out on it.

After spending 2 hours in the 95 degree heat with hellacious humidity, I was in no mood to hang out in a second rate restuarant with 90 other people who had spent the last 2 hours sweating to death.

Next time only go to the reception.

Never going to another wedding again. I think I've gotten Jill to agree to my idea of having a small, informal ceremony for only our immediate families, then having a huge reception.

God I hate weddings too. My mom used to say, if you do not go to others' weddings others will not come to yours. I said fine by me as I am going to elope. Fiancée, agrees with elopement, life has become simple.

God I hate weddings too. My mom used to say, if you do not go to others' weddings others will not come to yours. I said fine by me as I am going to elope. Fiancée, agrees with elopement, life has become simple.

Thats kind of what me and Kimberly did we did the Vegas thing on a weekend and haven't looked back. Alot of people were offended that we didn't tell them we got married but oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Its been a whirlwind weekend with last minute reservations for everything. The only person who knew before we left town was my ex, and that was just because she wanted to know why I was dropping our son off on Friday night. I called and asked a friend to feed the dogs, so he was the second person to know and as far as I know, only those two knew before we got hitched.