Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peugeot_206

Aviva (3D Model)

11 posts in this topic

Here's progress on my 3D model for the Hot Hatch competition at the Racer.nl forums. Soon, this car will be in the game.

Here's some more shots with the car a bit more squat......as well as some wheels I made.

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

Those are tiny wheels...is the rear ones smaller? And that greenhouse is massive.

Interesting to see someone else working with 3D though...what program is it? do you have a render you can show us? Also, can you do a wireframe screenshot? I'd like to see that too.

Edited by Dodgefan

Everyone keeps saying the greenhouse is big......I think it's about right, for a Subcompact Honda Fit competitor.

By Comparison:

4810_st0640_037.jpg

Right now I'm working in google sketchup, but this program shown is Blender.

Using sketchup, I've tried to morph it into a sedan. Other than the bumpy roofline, I think it looks ok, even if it's a bit awkward.

akkaa.jpg

akka.jpg

Your greenhouse looks way taller than that Fit- almost 3/5 of the body height. You're not going to have any room in the doors for the windows to roll down.

I applaud you, though, for being able to make something intelligible in Blender.

I'm going to take Thumper's advice and not say nothin' at all..

Your greenhouse looks way taller than that Fit- almost 3/5 of the body height. You're not going to have any room in the doors for the windows to roll down.

I applaud you, though, for being able to make something intelligible in Blender.

Agreed.

Is there a polygon count limit? If not I would suggest adding a few hundred thousand polygons to help it out. Unless this is just the low-polygon model before smoothing...I don't really know how Sketchup works.

You should try to enlarge the wheels and wheel arches as well as raise the greenhouse and lower the roof a bit, and then add some details to better define the greenhouse and pillars.

Just a thought. :)

something.jpg

Ok. I see what your gettting at. About the polycount: It's for a game, so yeah, it's low-poly.

(www.racer.nl)

I'm going to keep everyhing below the beltline the same, but the roof height and possibly the wheel wells will be enlarged.

However, I still think most of it is fine for a tippy econobox.

toyota_yaris_liftbacks4spdat_2008_exteri

To illustrate, here's my design with a crude window line drawn in.

akkaa-1.jpg

screenshot0101.jpg

That's the game? That's some damn impressive models for a free game. Hell, that looks better than many early PS2 games. That's also A LOT of polygons in there.

Makes me want to try it out!

Edited by Dodgefan

I took your advice, and altered the preportions a bit. The wheels are larger, and the greenhouse is a lot less tall.

Also, I was able to get most of the normals issues at the front and rear facias resolved. However, the sides need some work.

Boulder.jpg

Bauder.jpg

Baudaer.jpg

screenshot0101.jpg

That's the game? That's some damn impressive models for a free game. Hell, that looks better than many early PS2 games. That's also A LOT of polygons in there.

Makes me want to try it out!

Yeah, that's the game.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0