'84 LeSabre on ebay--24k miles!

Robert Hall

it'd be nice to have something that clean, low mileage and prolly easy to work on while still being slightly "modern" aka, slap a new engine in it with a good 4speed have a sleeper.

the missing ventiports made me think it was a 6 Cyl, didn't they use those for 8's till about 88?

If I had the money. If I had the money. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Would be a great addition to the Caprice and Bonneville. Then I would just need to Oldsmobile one. They dont get much better than this.

I'd rock that bitch like yuppies rock Lexi & AcCuri.

Rusty Jones is a legend!

Oh man, its great to think what could still be out there. Another sharp car.

I can't recall the last time I saw an '80s B-body coupe in any condition. Though with all the retirees in Phoenix, I'm sure there are a few low mileage ones lurking around in garages around here.

I can't recall the last time I saw an '80s B-body coupe in any condition. Though with all the retirees in Phoenix, I'm sure there are a few low mileage ones lurking around in garages around here.

There is a rumor that there is a big, Oldsmobile coupe with a diesel engine for sale around town. From the description I got, it sounds like its an Olds 88. I'll have to find it, because that would be an awesome buy.

I don't think there is an AMURCHAN citizen out there that doesn't have this dash design engrained deep in the recesses of their brain.

The old Buick plywood dash is as glorious now as it was then.

this looks like a nice car. brings back ton o memories.......

Its funny you mention that, because its one of the things I love about my car. The four holes in the "wood" its so clean, so simple. Would it be nice to have more info available? Yep, but it would look far more cluttered.

There is a rumor that there is a big, Oldsmobile coupe with a diesel engine for sale around town. From the description I got, it sounds like its an Olds 88. I'll have to find it, because that would be an awesome buy.

Stay far, far away from that engine.

ETA:

Its funny you mention that, because its one of the things I love about my car. The four holes in the "wood" its so clean, so simple. Would it be nice to have more info available? Yep, but it would look far more cluttered.

Like this?

1995-99-Buick-Riviera-96121301991014.jpg

Edited by Croc

Yeah, the 6-cylinder is a deal-breaker for me. No wonder why it only has 25,000 miles; who wants to drive a gargantuan B-Body LeSabre with NO power?

It would make a neat stealth car, with a Buick V6 built to GNX specs...

Yeah, the 6-cylinder is a deal-breaker for me. No wonder why it only has 25,000 miles; who wants to drive a gargantuan B-Body LeSabre with NO power?

It's faster than you think it is. I learned to drive on an '83 LeSabre with the same motor. My mom's was light brown with a dark brown top -- it's looked almost purple sometimes. My parents special ordered it with the V-6. It was nearly a twin to this one, minus the wire wheel covers.

If my memory serves me correctly, those big a@@ white wall tires are Generals.

Edited by BigPontiac

Only thing too about the V6 in these is that they dont have a very long shelf life. Maybe 70,000-90,000 miles under normal use. Plus they are noted for leaking oil.

The whole steering column is a Chevrolet steering column including the steering wheel. They had use Chevrolet steering columns for years from what I have read.

The whole steering column is a Chevrolet steering column including the steering wheel. They had use Chevrolet steering columns for years from what I have read.

Collectible Automobile magazine had an article on them a few years ago...it does sound like they used parts from GM and others over the years quite a bit. The basic body and structure dates to about 1956, I think.

• 2 weeks later...