Escalade Lambda Confirmed Again

InvictaMan

I would say, kiss the Outlook and Acadia goodbye.

But why?

You'd be better off to kill the Outlook and Enclave.

The Enclave will be battling for sales with the Escalade.

It seems that GM is trying to produce MORE products with higher margins (naturally) But in doing that, they're creating competing products (EXAMPLE: Cadillac SRX & Saab 9-4X, in the same showroom none the less)

Mark my words, a Lambda Escalade will be to close to the Enclave to be taken seriously by the media and prospective buyers. Lambda is SO GOOD that it's going to be impossible to set the Escalade apart.

I truly hope this is wrong, As an Owner of a 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum edition and a 2008 Escalade which the wife drives, I have already run into one major problem as to why the wife never has to worry about me driving her ride. THere is not enough Head room. The Dealership was shocked to see that with the seat all the way down, I can not sit up straight like I do in my 2006 ESV. If they truly move to the CUV platform and go from full size to mid size, they will loose all the large people who have come to pay extra and love the Escalade due to the room.

At 280LB, 6'6" tall I am not a fat or small man, Nor will the NFL players who are large men or the tall NBA players continue to go with this vehicle. GM YOU ARE MAKING A BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE HERE! Worry about CAFE and get it covered with Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn, Buick and GMC. Remember Cadillac is Luxury and should stand above and apart from these others.

:thumbsdown: A very bad Idea!!! :thumbsdown:

But why?

You'd be better off to kill the Outlook and Enclave.

The Enclave will be battling for sales with the Escalade.

It seems that GM is trying to produce MORE products with higher margins (naturally) But in doing that, they're creating competing products (EXAMPLE: Cadillac SRX & Saab 9-4X, in the same showroom none the less)

Mark my words, a Lambda Escalade will be to close to the Enclave to be taken seriously by the media and prospective buyers. Lambda is SO GOOD that it's going to be impossible to set the Escalade apart.

The Enclave has the success and popularity to maintain it at Buick, of all of the Lambdas it should be the one automatically continued. With that said, Lambda isn't a good fit at Cadillac IMO.

The Enclave has the success and popularity to maintain it at Buick, of all of the Lambdas it should be the one automatically continued. With that said, Lambda isn't a good fit at Cadillac IMO.

I totally agree, this platform has NO PLACE in the Cadillac Division.

:smilies-38096:

dfelt, that's what most of the public said about a Chevrolet Truck/SUV platform... But once Cadillac was done, the story changed.

Ven, I still think that luxury will not buy into having the Escalade downsize into the Lambda platform.

It's not a downsizing. The Lambdas are just as big as the large trucks. The Traverse is over 5.2 m long. Only the Suburban, Yukon XL and ESV are bigger. A rebodied lambda could offer just as much room, and with more functionality and better mileage. As for the engine, there is no reason the Escalade's small-block V8 could not fit—GM knows how to package a fwd version.

For comparison's sake:

|-----------------|-------------------|-------------------|-----------------------|
|                 |Chevrolet Traverse | Cadillac Escalade | Cadillac Escalade ESV |
|-----------------|-------------------|-------------------|-----------------------|
| Wheelbase       |            118.9" |            116.0" |                130.0" |
| Length          |            205.0" |            202.5" |                222.9" |
| Width           |             78.4" |            79.0"  |                 79.1" |
| Height          |             72.8" |            74.3"  |                 75.5" |
| Front Head Room |             40.4" |            40.3"  |                 41.1" |
| Front Leg Room  |             41.3" |            41.3"  |                 41.3" |
| Rear Head Room  |             39.4" |            38.5"  |                 38.5" |
| Rear Leg Room   |             36.8" |            39.0"  |                 39.5" |
| Cargo Volume    |          117.9 cf |         108.9 cf  |              137.4 cf |
| Weight          |          4720 lbs |         5818 lbs  |              5761 lbs |
| City/Hwy MPG    |             16/23 |            13/19  |                 13/19 |

Data taken from http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/

Assuming they use the LWB Lambda, it's exterior dimensions are comparable to the SWB GMT-900 with more room inside and much better gas mileage. Transverse-mounted engine aside, it makes all the sense in the world to make the switch.

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Assuming they use the LWB Lambda, it's exterior dimensions are comparable to the SWB GMT-900 with more room inside and much better gas mileage. Transverse-mounted engine aside, it makes all the sense in the world to make the switch.

Spot on the Escalade's dimensions... It'd make sense. To me, at least.

Nice flag. Looks somewhat familiar. :smilewide:

Edited by ZL-1

It's not a downsizing. The Lambdas are just as big as the large trucks. The Traverse is over 5.2 m long. Only the Suburban, Yukon XL and ESV are bigger. A rebodied lambda could offer just as much room, and with more functionality and better mileage. As for the engine, there is no reason the Escalade's small-block V8 could not fit—GM knows how to package a fwd version.

WOW.... thanks for pointing out that Lambada is the W-body of truck platforms. :angry:

I'll be in the bathroom with a razor blade. Down the street, not across.

For comparison's sake:

|                 |Chevrolet Traverse | Cadillac Escalade | Cadillac Escalade ESV |
| Wheelbase       |            118.9" |            116.0" |                130.0" |
| Length          |            205.0" |            202.5" |                222.9" |
| Width           |             78.4" |            79.0"  |                 79.1" |
| Height          |             72.8" |            74.3"  |                 75.5" |
| Front Head Room |             40.4" |            40.3"  |                 41.1" |
| Front Leg Room  |             41.3" |            41.3"  |                 41.3" |
| Rear Head Room  |             39.4" |            38.5"  |                 38.5" |
| Rear Leg Room   |             36.8" |            39.0"  |                 39.5" |
| Cargo Volume    |          117.9 cf |         108.9 cf  |              137.4 cf |
| Weight          |          4720 lbs |         5818 lbs  |              5761 lbs |
| City/Hwy MPG    |             16/23 |            13/19  |                 13/19 |

Data taken from http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/

-RBB

I TOTALLY DISAGREE......I don't care WHAT the actual numbers are......when you put them side-by-side, the Escalade simply has WAY more presence than the Lambdas. And THAT is what consumers will pick up on.

Our local Enterprise outfit has had Enclaves parked out on our lot right next to our load of Escalades......so I've been staring at them side-by-side for weeks now....and there is no question in my mind that Escalade enthusiasts will not appreciate a Lambda Escalade.....

This is a prime case of perception versus reality. The reality MAY be that the Lambdas are just as big.....but in this case, perception just simply does not back this up.

Promises, promises! :smilewide:

Go $%#& yourself.

Why not make the Escalade a unibody aluminum frame vehicle, with a diesel V6 and DOHC V8, both with a two mode hybrid option and 7-8 speed transmission. You don't get to "standard of the world" with Chevy/Buick platforms and front drive SUVs.

Personally I think the Escalade should stay BOF and RWD.

Otherwise never speak the name or put it on a vehicle again.

Either kill the Escalade or KEEP/redesign it... don't emasculate

yet ANOTHER legendary name.

I was thinking Mercedes GL class proportions, but aluminum could make the Escalade lighter and give it a performance and fuel economy edge. Obviously rear drive, maybe even go after the Range Rover a little bit.

way better idea than lambada, but the Escalade has always been BOF....

'aint broke, don't fix it!

The Escalade is big, brutish, and brash... which is why it's so popular. I cannot fathom a Lambda based Escalade ever matching up to the current version in terms of looks, and aura.

A GL competitor for Caddy would be cool, though; although I'm not sure the Escalade name would be a great idea for it.

Problem with that is the short-wheelbase Escalade accounts for something like 2/3rds of the Escalade volume. ESV and EXT really aren't movers like the shorty is.

I was thinking that exactly.

But the Escalade should be phased-out gradually. I do think that the replacement(s) should carry new names.

EXT should become a Zeta along the lines of the Denali XT, but I still don't see a lambda as a direct replacement (or as a caddy really).

more and more... the GM of 2009 and beyond is a GM not worth saving or caring about. <_<

The Escalade is big, brutish, and brash... which is why it's so popular. I cannot fathom a Lambda based Escalade ever matching up to the current version in terms of looks, and aura.

A GL competitor for Caddy would be cool, though; although I'm not sure the Escalade name would be a great idea for it.

Forget about the body, there is no reason a Lambda-based Escalade would look like anything except an evolution of the current truck. Supposedly all the lare SUVs would switch to a new light platform. Don't think of the rumored Escalade as a Cadillac Enclave, but as an evolution of the current model with a new platform. Take Ford's Explorer America concept. Looking at it you wouldn't think it was based on the same platform as the Flex or Taurus X. It's an evolution of the current design.

Forget about the body, there is no reason a Lambda-based Escalade would look like anything except an evolution of the current truck. Supposedly all the lare SUVs would switch to a new light platform. Don't think of the rumored Escalade as a Cadillac Enclave, but as an evolution of the current model with a new platform. Take Ford's Explorer America concept. Looking at it you wouldn't think it was based on the same platform as the Flex or Taurus X. It's an evolution of the current design.

I agree, and it won't look anything like the current Lambdas.

Woo-hoo! More front-wheel drive junk for Cadillac! I can hardly keep my excitement contained. Is it possible to get a Cadillac Delta II on the showroom floor too since, you know, the 1980s Cimmalier was such a good idea? :rolleyes:

Yet another reason for me to care more about the GM of Yesteryear and less about the GM of Today.