'07 Escalade Exposed

Bimmer325

yep a whole week, i just copied this off the GM News page....this sucks NEWS ADVISORY - Cadillac Unveils Highly Anticipated 2007 Escalade at the South Florida International Auto Show Completely Redesigned Truck Makes Its World Auto Show Premiere What: The Cadillac renaissance continues as the iconic Escalade SUV receives a complete makeover for the 2007 model year. On Friday, November 11, the utility will make its world auto show premiere at the South Florida International Auto Show inside the Cadillac stand. With its current bold, edgy design, the Escalade has captured the imagination of influential luxury buyers and in 2004 held 36 percent of the large luxury SUV segment. Escalade fans include some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment, and they have embraced it as the "gotta have" ride and the "King of Bling." Cadillac General Manager, Jim Taylor, will introduce the new Escalade at noon. He along with Gary White, the vehicle line executive, will be available following the conference for interviews. When: Friday, November 11, 2005 12:00 PM Where: Miami Beach Convention Center, Cadillac stand 1901 Convention Drive Miami Beach, FL Credentials: Call or email Nekeidra Shegog to obtain

The interior looks great so far. Looks to have a much more curvaceous design than that of the Tahoe/Yukon. The overall shape of the dash looks Lexus ES-esque and the position of the air vents and other controls confirms that the interior will in fact be significantly differentiated from it's platform-mates. Great news.

The interior looks great so far. 

Looks to have a much more curvaceous design than that of the Tahoe/Yukon.  The overall shape of the dash looks Lexus ES-esque...

[post="38793"][/post]

I didn't notice that before, but it does look similar to the ES. Nice catch.

ES:

Posted Image

Escalade:

Posted Image

Wow...ya gotta love how they camoed pretty much all the edges in turn making it pretty obvious where all the edges and design features are and basically gave away the jist of what it would look like :rolleyes: Look like it will turn out pretty nice though...thanks for the pics!

Posted Image

[post="40119"][/post]

I'm getting a Pathfinder-ish vibe in that image (not that that's a bad thing) and either those wheels are too small (which I don't think they are judging by the tire thickness) or the suspension is too jacked up because that wheelgap (even for a truck) looks ridiculous. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt in the meantime and wait to see the production version.

I'm getting a Pathfinder-ish vibe in that image (not that that's a bad thing) and either those wheels are too small (which I don't think they are judging by the tire thickness) or the suspension is too jacked up because that wheelgap (even for a truck) looks ridiculous. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt in the meantime and wait to see the production version.

[post="40133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It looks like the driver might be braking, causing to nose to dive and the rear to come up.

While we have our attention on the wheel wells... I had noticed that the wheel wells on the GMT 800 Escalade, compared to the Tahoe and Yukon were more rounded, which looks better on the classier Caddy. However, it seems like that subtle difference has been left off the GMT 900 trio. Is that a detail that GM has been leaving off these test mules, or is that just the way it is? Is there even a difference between the current trucks, or am I just imagining things?

LOVE IT!!!

I hadn't noticed that before:

Posted Image

[post="40456"][/post]

That's just the comparison I was looking for! So there is a difference between the current Taho/Yukon compared to the Escalade. From the most recent spy shots, it looks like that might not be the case for the 900's, unless the Escalade test mule is missing something.

That's just the comparison I was looking for!  So there is a difference between the current Taho/Yukon compared to the Escalade.  From the most recent spy shots, it looks like that might not be the case for the 900's, unless the Escalade test mule is missing something.

[post="40808"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh well... I guess they all share the same wheel well design <_<