New 2010 LaCrosse pictures

pow

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good show. Much better than the grainy pics that everyone whined over.

Regarding exterior details, it definitely appears there will be at least two powertrains. Some have dual exhaust and some don’t. I do like how the dual exhaust is integrated into the rear bumper.

Looks good in red. The interior looks very nice. Glad to see adjustable rear seat headrests.

If they're looking for the LaCrosse to compete with the MKS then the LaCrosse is bigger than we expect. I can see why the Regal would be appropriate to slot underneath the LaCrosse. The Regal will probably be the size of the MKZ.

Very good show. Much better than the grainy pics that everyone whined over.

Regarding exterior details, it definitely appears there will be at least two powertrains. Some have dual exhaust and some don’t. I do like how the dual exhaust is integrated into the rear bumper.

Looks good in red. The interior looks very nice. Glad to see adjustable rear seat headrests.

If they're looking for the LaCrosse to compete with the MKS then the LaCrosse is bigger than we expect. I can see why the Regal would be appropriate to slot underneath the LaCrosse. The Regal will probably be the size of the MKZ.

+1 :smilewide:

I think Buick might have another hit on their hands to followup the Enclave. This car looks great. I can't wait to see the full reveal. I still don't like the "LaCrosse" name, but I can overlook it if Buick nails everything else on this car. If Buick also receives the Insignia based Regal, they would have an excellent 3 vehicle lineup (Enclave, LWB Eps II LaCrosse, SWB Eps II Regal).

Very similar dash shape to the Malibu, the top end version could compete with a bottom end ES350, but people are willing to pay for the "L" on the front of the car so all things being equal most would pick a Lexus over this, so this better be better. The 2010 MKZ has a new interior that is nice, plus has the 340 hp ecoboost coming, the MKS is nicer than this car. Although the Hyundai Genesis kills them all, I sat in a Genesis a couple days ago, the interior is really good, blows away STS, DTS or anything form Lincoln or Buick.

I do like the exhaust pipes integrated into the bumper, but they just copied that from Lexus. Buick needs more originality, (as does the Genesis) and less trying to make a car look like a Lexus. Lexus doesn't even make 1 car that is well styled, why copy them?

Truly looks like an American Lexus. The LS wants its tailpipes back.

The interior looks very good, exterior is pretty good but nothing spectacular, pretty much like a Lexus. Looks like there's an MKS, E-Class, and Passat (?) in one of the pics testing with it.

If priced right, I could see my dad buying one of these.

Very similar dash shape to the Malibu, the top end version could compete with a bottom end ES350, but people are willing to pay for the "L" on the front of the car so all things being equal most would pick a Lexus over this, so this better be better. The 2010 MKZ has a new interior that is nice, plus has the 340 hp ecoboost coming, the MKS is nicer than this car. Although the Hyundai Genesis kills them all, I sat in a Genesis a couple days ago, the interior is really good, blows away STS, DTS or anything form Lincoln or Buick.

I do like the exhaust pipes integrated into the bumper, but they just copied that from Lexus. Buick needs more originality, (as does the Genesis) and less trying to make a car look like a Lexus. Lexus doesn't even make 1 car that is well styled, why copy them?

1. If you say the dash looks similar to teh Malibu again I will hurt you. You are blind. Please do not say it again.

2. Lexus was not the first company to do integrated exhausts.

Aimed squarely at the MKs, ES, and GS

Sorry.

I just don't see a Malibu-based LaCrosse even remotely competing with MKS or ES and GS......

This looks to me to be more of a Camry XLE, (maybe) Avalon, or the Fusion-based Lincoln (I can't keep the f@#king Lincoln names straight......stupid-ass Ford....) competitor.

Buick simply isn't in the same league to compete with Lexus or (gasp) even Lincoln. They had the potential.....but squandered it.

Sorry.

I just don't see a Malibu-based LaCrosse even remotely competing with MKS or ES and GS......

If your opinion is strictly based on platform sharing, then why can't a NG-Malibu-based Buick LaCrosse compete against a Ford Taurus-based Lincoln MKs and a Toyota Camry-based Lexus ES350?

And BTW... the current Malibu LTZ already competes well with the Camry XLE. It doesn't have all the available options, but interior quality and design are fine. The NG LaCrosse appears to exceed both of those by far. I’m sure available options will also.

I have to say, I love it. I'd be very proud to be in this.

I found out it was the school nurse who bought the Enclave. She's extremely happy with it.

Now I'd have to get myself a new LaCrosse so I could turn some heads and bring the word "Buick" back in peoples' vocabularies.

If your opinion is strictly based on platform sharing, then why can't a NG-Malibu-based Buick LaCrosse compete against a Ford Taurus-based Lincoln MKs and a Toyota Camry-based Lexus ES350?

And BTW... the current Malibu LTZ already competes well with the Camry XLE. It doesn't have all the available options, but interior quality and design are fine. The NG LaCrosse appears to exceed both of those by far. I’m sure available options will also.

I just don't think it will be big enough (especially in width) to compete with the Lincoln......and I know it won't be expensive enough either.....hell a Lucerne Super isn't even close to a loaded MKS in price even.....but at least it's close in size....

At least hopefully it won't be a rental queen though....

I just don't think it will be big enough (especially in width) to compete with the Lincoln......and I know it won't be expensive enough either.....hell a Lucerne Super isn't even close to a loaded MKS in price even.....but at least it's close in size....

At least hopefully it won't be a rental queen though....

What? :confused0071:

Size can't be your reasoning to dismiss the new LaCrosse. Your choices of untouchable sedans stretched from the 191" ES350 to the 204" MKs.

It can't be power. Both the ES350 and MKs have under 300hp. Even the current LaCrosse has 303hp. Lucerne Super has 292hp.

Lucerne vs MKs MSRP price?

-- Lucerne Super starts at $38,980

-- Lucerne Super loaded is $45,100

-- Lincoln MKs FWD starts at $37,665

-- Lincoln MKs FWD Loaded is $45,670 (including Technology package, Navigation Package, with the Ultimate Package)

The AWD MKs just adds $1,900 in price. I don't see a disparity between Buick and Lincoln pricing.

I personally don't think the new LaCrosse will match the MKs in price or size. But it could come close. A couple of things are pretty sure:

- It will be more expensive than the current LaCrosse

- It'll be larger than the ES350 and MKz

- Everything indicates the new LaCrosse will eventually offer AWD and a two-mode hybrid version

- The new LaCrosse's interior is already a step above the Lucerne Super

As for your obligatory "rental queen" comment, I believe Buick has already taken care of that. Your chance of finding a rental LaCrosse is about as great as finding a rental Accord. Next to never.

I don't see any reason why the new LaCrosse cannot compete with Lincoln or Lexus. Warranty, features, reliability, style, and quality (based on the Enclave and SUPER editions) appear to be present and accounted for at Buick. An Insignia-based Regal slotting beneath the LaCrosse would be perfect to help position the LaCrosse against the ES & MKs.

Sorry.

This looks to me to be more of a Camry XLE, (maybe) Avalon, or the Fusion-based Lincoln (I can't keep the f@#king Lincoln names straight......stupid-ass Ford....) competitor.

Buick simply isn't in the same league to compete with Lexus or (gasp) even Lincoln. They had the potential.....but squandered it.

In what way can't Buick not be in the same league as the ES or MKS? This is a LOT more car than a Camry XLE or Avalon.

ES and Avalon are Camry based, MKZ is Fusion based, MKS is Taurus based.

What? :confused0071:

Size can't be your reasoning to dismiss the new LaCrosse. Your choices of untouchable sedans stretched from the 191" ES350 to the 204" MKs.

It can't be power. Both the ES350 and MKs have under 300hp. Even the current LaCrosse has 303hp. Lucerne Super has 292hp.

Lucerne vs MKs MSRP price?

-- Lucerne Super starts at $38,980

-- Lucerne Super loaded is $45,100

-- Lincoln MKs FWD starts at $37,665

-- Lincoln MKs FWD Loaded is $45,670 (including Technology package, Navigation Package, with the Ultimate Package)

The AWD MKs just adds $1,900 in price. I don't see a disparity between Buick and Lincoln pricing.

I personally don't think the new LaCrosse will match the MKs in price or size. But it could come close. A couple of things are pretty sure:

- It will be more expensive than the current LaCrosse

- It'll be larger than the ES350 and MKz

- Everything indicates the new LaCrosse will eventually offer AWD and a two-mode hybrid version

- The new LaCrosse's interior is already a step above the Lucerne Super

As for your obligatory "rental queen" comment, I believe Buick has already taken care of that. Your chance of finding a rental LaCrosse is about as great as finding a rental Accord. Next to never.

I don't see any reason why the new LaCrosse cannot compete with Lincoln or Lexus. Warranty, features, reliability, style, and quality (based on the Enclave and SUPER editions) appear to be present and accounted for at Buick. An Insignia-based Regal slotting beneath the LaCrosse would be perfect to help position the LaCrosse against the ES & MKs.

I agree. I don't understand why people are dismissing this car's assets and abilities based on spy shots and grainy pictures. We haven't seen any clear, uncamouflaged pictures or specs/additional info yet. I'm holding out hope that GM has nailed this car and that it will be completely competitive in its market segment. What little I have seen so far looks promising.

Edited by cire

I agree. I don't understand why people are dismissing this car's assets and abilities based on spy shots and grainy pictures. We haven't seen any clear, uncamouflaged pictures or specs/additional info yet. I'm holding out hope that GM has nailed this car and that it will be completely competitive in its market segment. What little I have seen so far looks promising.

All GM has to do is take the Malibu and add what it learned from the CTS.

I agree with a slightly smaller than a Malibu high $20k car and a low to mid $30s malibu sized car to compete with the MKZ makes sense, but GM doesn't always do what makes sense.

Buick can't and won't compete with Lexus because Buick is Buick, and Lexus is Lexus. Buick has become a joke and damaged brand, and Lexus has become the gold standard. GM's R&D budget is smaller than Toyota's and Toyota has far fewer brands and models to spread that money to. The Enclave isn't even doing much since a dated and more expensive Lexus RX outsells it by over 2 to 1. The Lexus ES350 (which isn't even a good car) outsells the CTS most months. There is no way a LaCrosse priced at $34k can outsell a CTS.

The Genesis is possibly the best car under $50,000 yet it won't sell well because it is a Hyundai. Despite better handling and braking than a BMW 550i and better acceleration than the 750i, BMW buyers won't be considering a Hyundai, just like Lexus buyers won't look at a Buick.

And where is the Nav system on the LaCrosse?

I agree with a slightly smaller than a Malibu high $20k car and a low to mid $30s malibu sized car to compete with the MKZ makes sense, but GM doesn't always do what makes sense.

Buick can't and won't compete with Lexus because Buick is Buick, and Lexus is Lexus. Buick has become a joke and damaged brand, and Lexus has become the gold standard. GM's R&D budget is smaller than Toyota's and Toyota has far fewer brands and models to spread that money to. The Enclave isn't even doing much since a dated and more expensive Lexus RX outsells it by over 2 to 1. The Lexus ES350 (which isn't even a good car) outsells the CTS most months. There is no way a LaCrosse priced at $34k can outsell a CTS.

The Genesis is possibly the best car under $50,000 yet it won't sell well because it is a Hyundai. Despite better handling and braking than a BMW 550i and better acceleration than the 750i, BMW buyers won't be considering a Hyundai, just like Lexus buyers won't look at a Buick.

Wow, even more bull$h! comes out of your ass.

1st): Don't ever compare Buick to Hyundai.

2nd) Don't ever compare the CTS to ES,The CTS is worlds ahead of the ES.

3nd):The CTS has only sold 4,000 less than the ES, and the CTS Average Transaction Price is almost $44,000.

4nd):The new Lacrosse has a good chance of selling 72,000-78,000 with an Average Transaction Price in the $34,000-$37,000 range.

5nd): All Epsilon II'S HAVE NAV.

6nd): Once again stop it with your ''Enclave isn't a hit" crap.

7nd): Cut out your "Buick is trash" crap.

8nd): Get off the website!

Edited by Toyota.vs.GM

Forgive me Reg, but where are you seeing the cheap interior plastic?

um, the pictures of the interior. looks like the same old cheap $h! GM has put in the interior of their cars for a looooooong time now. the stuff that looks great for a bit after you spray apply high gloss armor all.

the pic ted posted, with the skylark, and the new one below it. looks like the plastic spec for buick hasn't changed.

um, the pictures of the interior. looks like the same old cheap $h! GM has put in the interior of their cars for a looooooong time now. the stuff that looks great for a bit after you spray apply high gloss armor all.

'high gloss armor all'? Does any one still use that stuff? I haven't used that 15 years or more...I like a low gloss, non-reflective finish, esp. on the top of the dash..

I wasn't comparing Buick cars to Hyundai cars, only saying that the Genesis will have a tough time because of who makes it. Just as Buick will have a hard time when for equal money people can get a Cadillac or Lexus. Further proven by the point that the CTS is no doubt a better car than the Lexus ES350, the ES350 is average at best, yet it still outsells the CTS because it is made by Lexus and people will pay for the L badge. If the CTS is selling about 70,000 a year, Buick is going to have a really hard time selling 70-75,000 at almost as high a price.

2-3 years ago everyone thought Pontiac would have an all rear drive lineup, and make performance cars and be restored to former glory. Now they have Aveo, Cobalt, and Matrix rebadges, a dated G6 that is 40% fleet, and 2 very low volume rear drive cars. GM couldn't (or was too broke to) do anything with Pontiac, what makes Buick any different. GM failed to deliver in the past, and they are just more broke now. GM can say Buick will be like Lexus, Cadillac will be as good as BMW, they'll stop doing rebates and fleet sales, their cars will be as reliable as the Japanese, etc but at this point, I won't believe anything until I see it.

Edited by smk4565

I wasn't comparing Buick cars to Hyundai cars, only saying that the Genesis will have a tough time because of who makes it. Just as Buick will have a hard time when for equal money people can get a Cadillac or Lexus. Further proven by the point that the CTS is no doubt a better car than the Lexus ES350, the ES350 is average at best, yet it still outsells the CTS because it is made by Lexus and people will pay for the L badge. If the CTS is selling about 70,000 a year, Buick is going to have a really hard time selling 70-75,000 at almost as high a price.

2-3 years ago everyone thought Pontiac would have an all rear drive lineup, and make performance cars and be restored to former glory. Now they have Aveo, Cobalt, and Matrix rebadges, a dated G6 that is 40% fleet, and 2 very low volume rear drive cars. GM couldn't (or was too broke to) do anything with Pontiac, what makes Buick any different. GM failed to deliver in the past, and they are just more broke now. GM can say Buick will be like Lexus, Cadillac will be as good as BMW, they'll stop doing rebates and fleet sales, their cars will be as reliable as the Japanese, etc but at this point, I won't believe anything until I see it.

The ES doesn't really compete with the CTS, IMO. Perhaps slightly, but really the ES's only competition is the TL, both of which sell pretty well. Passat also competes slightly perhaps. ES sells well because it satisfies a relatively big market (people who want a FWD luxury car because they're scared to drive RWD in snow, but don't want a barge, ie DTS) and has relatively few competitors. Not saying the LaCrosse will come in and take a large chunk of sales or outsell it at the same price, but part of the reason the ES sells so well is the competition, or lack thereof.

I agree with this post. I also took the liberty of emphasizing the most important part, in my opinion anyway.

The ES doesn't really compete with the CTS, IMO. Perhaps slightly, but really the ES's only competition is the TL, both of which sell pretty well. Passat also competes slightly perhaps. ES sells well because it satisfies a relatively big market (people who want a FWD luxury car because they're scared to drive RWD in snow, but don't want a barge, ie DTS) and has relatively few competitors. Not saying the LaCrosse will come in and take a large chunk of sales or outsell it at the same price, but part of the reason the ES sells so well is the competition, or lack thereof.

I wouldn't really consider the ES and TL competitors...the TL is a more serious, driver oriented, sporty model-- more competitive with the Maxima and Saabs, maybe the A4..the ES is a softer, cushier entry lux model--just a fancier Avalon. I think the main competition for the LaCrosse is the Avalon,ES, Sable, perhaps the Azera..

It look like someone doesn't get it.

It's the some old post, with the same crap .It's like putting lipstick on crap , lipstick on crap still makes it crap.

1st): The ES has only sold 4,000 more than the CTS

, and the CTS has an Average Transaction price of almost $44,000.

2nd):The CTS and ES are two different class of cars. so enough with that.

3nd):The Enclave's Average Transaction Price proves you're ''Buick having tough time'' '' Buick is just like Pontiac" is bull$h!.

4nd):The New Lacrosse has a good chance of selling 72,000-76,000 with an Average Transaction Price in the $34,000-$37,000 range.

5nd):Buick do very tiny fleet sales.

6nd): With the type of bull$h! coming out of you, I could care less what you think. End anybody who argee with you is a dumbass just like you.

I agree with this post. I also took the liberty of emphasizing the most important part, in my opinion anyway.

The part emphasized is true. You have to look at where (as in brand) GM is spending R&D dollars and where (what countries) GM is spending the money as well. Chevrolet, Opel, Buick and Cadillac are getting the R&D budget. The rest of the brands are benefiting from the results. It's also less expensive to perform R&D overseas, which is where almost the entire R&D appears to be happening these days.... at least for Buick, Opel, and most of Chevrolet's sub-midsize line-up.

Regardless of the dollars spent at Toyota, BMW and Mercedes-Benz still stay toe-to-toe with Lexus. Both with smaller budgets. The amount spent does not determine the product's result. See Toyota's R&D billions flushed down the toilet with the Tundra. GM made a superior product on a much smaller budget.

GM R&D dollars also benefits from mass. While Toyota has been busy developing more and more vehicles that are "market specific" like the Avalon, Verza, Tundra, Sequoia, FJ Cruiser, etc... GM is trying to move away from that by selling its portfolio of vehicles globally.

All I'm saying is don't write off the LaCrosse because Corporate GM doesn't have money. There's no sign of cost-cutting with the LaCrosse so far and the two-mode tech R&D was already paid for elsewhere. It appears Buick is finally showing us the results from the $3 Billion earmarked for the Brand 4 years ago.