Cell Phones

capriceman

Verizon, MOTO KRZR K1M.

Mostly happy. The phone itself is fine. The problem is, I get reception everywhere EXCEPT home.

My bill is around $52 a month ($39.99/mo calling plan, plus $5 for 250 txt and $2 for basic insurance, plus taxes/fees/etc.).

No plans on switching.

I have Sprint

Plan SERO 500

Phone Moto Q 9c

I have been pretty happy with sprint but they are messed up they send me 2 statements every month and my Txt messaging is always messed up i cant receive but i can send and they cant figure it out.

Bill is 34.17 500 minutes unlimited, Nights/weekends, data, text. Thanks to some internet sites back when Sero was still around they just posted random employee emails and i used one to get a sweet deal but my contract has 6-7 months left then i will go back to being raped.

Phone as a modem rocks I have been tethering it to my laptop and get internet going 70 down the freeway or on passenger trains.

Kim has verizon i think she pays $55 a month and has a LG flip phone that's all pink and girlie.

I've got a Blackjack on AT&T. I like AT&T because 3G is really freaking fast. My bill fluctuates wildly depending on how much time I spend surfing the web with m phone. I wanted an iPhone for the longest time, but gave up after falling in love with my Blackjack. When the time comes for a new phone, it will be a Blackjack II or III, depending on when the III hits the States. I'm not going to switch anytime soon.

I have a Kyocera Cyclops I got on clearance for $30 last month. I'm very happy with it. It looks nice has a camera, and works better than my old phone. My only complain is that speaker phone isn't very loud.

I use Virgin Mobile and recently switched from the $15 /month plan which gave me 100 minutes I always use up to the $25 /month plan with 200 anytime minutes and 500 night (starts at 7pm) and weekend minutes, and $10 unlimited text and picture messaging for a grand total of $35 /month.

I'm happy I upgraded, totally worth it. I actually had minutes left over this time.

Verizon, LG Chocolate, 900 min/month, $79/month bill. I don't text. I like the Chocolate for the tiny form factor (fits in a front pants pocket easily), good sound quality, speakerphone works well. I read my email on it and the news, but thats about it. I'm a gadget freak about alot of things, but I like a basic phone that works well as a phone..

Verizon, $30/month. Really should be $10 according to the screen @ Verizon, but it's a 3rd phone on my brother's plan, and in that he upped the plan to allow enough converage for all 3, I am subsidising some of his phone, too. Bastard. Phone is an LG VX4650. No complaints except the holster broke, got a new clip, broke in another way, so now I carry it 'nude', and it's a bit banged up cosmetically (I don't care). Service is just about excellent.

AT&T with a Blackberry Curve. The Curve had been a good phone but now it occasionally reboots itself in the middle of a phone call for no apparent reason which is making me crazy. I'm still working on getting that resolved. I had to get internet access for three months to get the cheap price on the phone but I dropped it after I got my rebate back so now I pay approx $50 a month for my basic plan with 200 text messages.

I had Sprint before and never had problems with them. I liked that their evening mintues started at 7pm. The problem was that I had terrible reception from my house and I wanted to get rid of my land line. I have good reception at home with AT&T. Their evening minutes don't start until 9pm but they also have the rollover minutes plan. Now I have a ton of extra minutes built up so I don't worry about making calls before 9pm.

I had a terrible experience with Cingular... back in 2002, just after College.

For years I used pre-paid/track phones.

Since fall of 2006 I've been with Verizon. I'm happy with my service, phone

& plan/coverage. I pay about $120/month for myself, my wife &my ex...

that's a long story but at any rate, three phones, unlimited texting & a good

amount of minutes all around.

As far as my phone it's an LG "enV" hand-me-down from my mother in law.

I had a Motorola Razor but I fried it when it got wet in a bad rainstorm.This

LG is about the most advanced thing in my house. I remember when Speed-

ingPenguin bought one for like $600 three years back.

AT&T service with a Blackberry Pearl phone.

My reception is pretty good just about wherever I go...Indianapolis, Los Angeles, indoors, outdoors--you name it, I generally have it. My phone tends to be the one that works when no one else's gets service.

As for the phone, I love my Blackberry. I love everything about it. The Google apps for it allow me to have Gmail, Gmaps, Google Search, as well as a few other functions. Never have had any problem with it. I did replace the trackball and bezel for a grand total of $14 after 14 months due to the bezel falling off. The only reason this happened is that sand would occasionally get caught in the trackball when I'd be at the beach, and I'd have to remove the bezel and trackball to blow it out. After time, the bezel just wouldn't stay in.

Monthly bill is $200, and includes the unlimited data plan, which is necessary if you get a lot of emails and/or text message alerts like I do, or plan on surfing the net. The net has saved me numerous times on vacations to get info on restaurants, locations, directions, and the Gmaps let me get driving directions if I go somewhere in LA I've never been before. Even the Google search comes in handy on a daily basis as I can quickly fact check things, or help a professor out when he does not remember the name of something during class.

Phone: A

AT&T: A-

Overall: A

I have Verizon, LGVX8700. The phone is ok, but has had a few bugs. Before this phone I had a VX8600 (flip chocolate) and it was a total piece of crap... I went through three of them in less than a year, and they soon stopped making them. Got upgraded to the 8700 free after the 3rd one broke.

I'll never buy an LG again; Verizon service is pretty good around here.

I wish I could get service on one of these:

ee8b_phone_top_open.jpg

oh... and BTW: our 1984 Mercedes 500SEC has a factory car phone!

the 1997 Cadillac STS had one too but that car was 13 years newer,

which is sightly less impressive.

Edited by Sixty8panther

AT&T with a Samsung SGH-A707. I did have Cingular, haven't really noticed any real difference in reception since I switched, so whatever. But my phone is red and shiny, so that's a plus.

. . . Yeah, I'm not much of a tech geek.

Edited by Enzora

I have a Kyocera Cyclops I got on clearance for $30 last month. I'm very happy with it. It looks nice has a camera, and works better than my old phone. My only complain is that speaker phone isn't very loud.

I use Virgin Mobile and recently switched from the $15 /month plan which gave me 100 minutes I always use up to the $25 /month plan with 200 anytime minutes and 500 night (starts at 7pm) and weekend minutes, and $10 unlimited text and picture messaging for a grand total of $35 /month.

I'm happy I upgraded, totally worth it. I actually had minutes left over this time.

I almost got that phone- but chose not to after hearing stuff about the batteries shorting out...though they do have the red one online.....

Are you getting Sugar Mama? (gives you free minutes)

I'm using an old school one now (snapper), but plan to either get the Arc or Shuttle (the new 3G phone) at X- mas....

I almost got that phone- but chose not to after hearing stuff about the batteries shorting out...though they do have the red one online.....

Are you getting Sugar Mama? (gives you free minutes)

I'm using an old school one now (snapper), but plan to either get the Arc or Shuttle (the new 3G phone) at X- mas....

No problems with the battery or the life, it lasts for days. My old phone would die within hours just sitting there. I decided to get a new one after it started shutting off every time I flipped it closed.

I have the red one, it's slick. :D

Some cheap $50 Samsung phone I've had for 3 years or so, it's beat to $h!, scratched, chipped, dinged...you name it. It still works so no need to upgrade, I have Verizon, love the service for the most part. It's a bit pricey but you get excellent coverage for the most part. Much better than Sprint/Nextel (which I've had).

But you'd have no way to text, you text whore. :P

Yes, true... less time wasted playing with modern technology, more

time for calling about old school technology for sale on craigslist. :)

LG Venus on Verizon. Love the phone, but it has a couple major flaws that I had to get over at first. As far as the service, I love Verizon, but it's one of only three providers around here that work worth a damn...Union Wireless is too local to use nationwide, and Alltell will soon be part of Verizon as I understand it, so no need to change...

Look, all of us Verizon users can now talk to each other and never use our minutes! :AH-HA_wink:

Chi vorrebbe parlarti? :P

I have all but my "hag" on the Verizon network. I'm trying to get her to switch over. I even tempt her with the 19% discount and she won't budge. And she's the reason I had to up my text plan to unlimited.

Verizon, and have a Motorola RAZR V1, my wife and son have a Motorola V325 and my daughter some Samsung thing. We have 700 anytime minutes and no texting. That I am certain will change even though I am cheap. It will go to unlimited. I love Verizon as a service except in South Western Wisconsin. Overall I have been happy with my service with them. Before I had AT&T and HATED it. Plus in November were all getting new phones and my daughter wants a Juke (free thankfully) I am going to get a Glyde or Blackberry, my wife wants whatever is cheap and for my son he doesn't want what my daughter has. :rolleyes:

My bill is about ~65ish a month depending on texting.

Mine:

DSCN4509.jpg

It's a Palm Centro with AT&T. I've had mixed feelings about it. First, AT&T service sucks in my area. If I have service, it's a celebration. However, my only real complaint with the phone itself is that the keyboard buttons are entirely too small. If you've ever used a Blackjack or a Blackberry... cut those buttons in half and space them just a millimeter or two apart and you have the Centro. Pain in the ass for texting.