Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Firehawk Returns!

ocnblu

Definately NOT. I want the American Firebird to be the only car that gets the Firehawk name and I want it returned. Since the Camaro is comming back, it's only fair that the 'BIRD' returns as well. The G8 in the link will be better to be called 'HOLDEN' G8 SLP, rather than a Firehawk. It's an import for god's sakes, it doesn't DESERVE to be called a legendary name that Firebird once had. Period. God I hate imports.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Given what GM's been doing to Pontiac lately, I half expected the Firehawk name to be attached to a G3. When you look at it that way, I'm ecstatic that it's attached to a G8.

Is NOTING sacred anymore?

WTF!?

I'm disgusted!

Do you see Dodge calling their 4-door LX car a Charger.... oh, nevermind. :P

This just adds to the stupidity, VW Phaeton, MB "4-door-coupe" & FWD Lincoln Zephyr/MK-Z come to mind. :angry:

This debate is raging on quite a few boards. Interestingly, Firehawk owners tend to be more accepting of the idea than most. Then again, we know what to expect from SLP.

This is my post on the Firehawk board. :

Potentially, this could yield the most perfect ride for me ever built.

Provided that it is available on the upcoming G8 ST as well.

2-doors, a supercharger, and a Firehawk badge on my default bodystyle.

It would be heaven for me.

Sorry... I'm not a fan.

I'm disgusted!

Do you see Dodge calling their 4-door LX car a Charger.... oh, nevermind. :P

This just adds to the stupidity, VW Phaeton, MB "4-door-coupe" & FWD Lincoln Zephyr/MK-Z come to mind. :angry:

I dunno if you are implying that the Charger name on a 4-door is stupid or not, but if you think so I strongly disagree.

I've gotten over the 4dr Charger, esp. since Dodge now has a 2dr Challenger.

Show me where I can purchase a Firebird or Trans Am....or GTO?

Okay how about ANY RWD/V8/2-door Pontiac?

Yeah. Exactly.

You see any "Shelby-Cobra-427" emblems on a souped up Crown Vic? (yes-yes, exaggeration for effect)

How about ZL1-COPO emblems on the upcoming Cruize SS sedan?

Some names/monikers should not be effed with!

Camino:

Would you be okay with the Stingray name being used on the SSR pickup?

How about if GMC got a rebadged Pontiac G6 and called it Typhoon?

...maybe Buick should have a Grand National/GNX edition of the Enclave?

The Grand Natty was a 3800 V6 with forced induction in a midsize two door...

does that make any 1996 Riviera Supercharged worthy of the GNX name?

It's even a G-body! :mellow:

The Grand Natty was a 3800 V6 with forced induction in a midsize two door...

does that make any 1996 Riviera Supercharged worthy of the GNX name?

It's even a G-body! :mellow:

Still apples and oranges. SLP is the one behind this, and the only cars that were truly theirs have been Firehawks. It is the name they own as opposed to "SS" for example. They have very good reasons to use the name on a tuner Pontiac.

Think of it this way, there have been Formula Firehawks, and Trans Am Firehawks, and now there is a G8 Firehawk. I really don't see a big conflict there. All have been high performance RWD V8 Pontiacs.

Yes, I know that they intend to do the V6 cars this time, and I object to that. But I might object less if those cars get the supercharger option as well.

SLP does upgrades quite well, and the Firehawk name is what amounts to their "franchise player", so I don't blame them for using it on the G8.

It will be the fastest Firehawk yet!

Not. I don't want any 1982 two-tone paint scheme... or ricer gee-gaws.

OTOH, it would be nice to get the supercharger, and still be able to finance the whole she-bang. It would also be nice if SLP could request some decent Holden colors... I'm sick and tired of Black, Red, White and fifteen shades of silver and grey. Holden has some colors back home that make the early '70s Mopars look tame.

I don't care if they use the Firehawk name... as long as it is not written on the car forty-two times.

Edited by SAmadei