Livin' The Dream

capriceman

This weekend I went and did some shopping for some wheels and I finally got some.

1972 Piper 2+2 140D

img154.jpg

img155.jpg

img156.jpg

img157.jpg

img158.jpg

img159.jpg

img161.jpg

img162.jpg

img164.jpg

img165.jpg

I'm still in the process for my license. I'm having the owner fly it down to a local airport and im going to have it cleaned inspected and fixed up at Selfridge and see if i can get some hook ups and store it there for free, but we will see. I was at the airport at the right time and i was looking at it and the owner walked up and said it was for sale. We talked and I said I would fill it up if he took me for a ride and we flew around for a couple of hours and the plane seems strong for a 140 and really easy to fly so I bought it for about 29,000 plus i paid to have him fly it down.

Can't wait to get my license!

I learned how to fly in one of those things!!! I LOVED the Cherokee 140 and 160. Its a very steady aircraft, the ground steering is wonderful as compared to Cessnas, the only pet peeve is that when you're doing some ground reference stuff sometimes the wing can block your view directly below the aircraft (although that's the same peeve with any low wing aircraft)

I learned how to fly in one of those things!!! I LOVED the Cherokee 140 and 160. Its a very steady aircraft, the ground steering is wonderful as compared to Cessnas, the only pet peeve is that when you're doing some ground reference stuff sometimes the wing can block your view directly below the aircraft (although that's the same peeve with any low wing aircraft)

Hopefully after i out grow this thing and become an "ace" I think I will buy a Cessna Turbo Skylane. That's Why I was looking at Pipers because there claim to fame seems to be ease of flying and training.

What kind of range do these things get?

At 124 mph or 108 knots about 500 miles or 440 Nautical Miles

Thanks everyone! :)

DF: I would have to one up you to a B-50 Superfortress and the F4-U Corsair or F6F Hellcat. The Mustang was a bad ass plane but I always loved the Navy Blue Carrier fighters.

At 124 mph or 108 knots about 500 miles or 440 Nautical Miles

Thanks everyone! :)

DF: I would have to one up you to a B-50 Superfortress and the F4-U Corsair or F6F Hellcat. The Mustang was a bad ass plane but I always loved the Navy Blue Carrier fighters.

B-29 SuperFortress you mean? :P

Good luck finding one of those. haha

B-29 SuperFortress you mean? :P

Good luck finding one of those. haha

Do your homework!

B-50 was released in 47 after the war and was the first to fly around the world non-stop I believe.

(hahaha, very funny REO-boi) No WAY would I ever hate on a Vaught. F4U Corsair!

it's one of my top 5 favorite planes of all time, just behind the B-17 & ahead of the

Me.109 & Mustang.... prob. a dead tie with the SuperMarine Spitfire.

Congrats on your purchase! :)

Is it possible to buy an old P-38 Lightning?

I think all known models are owned and being restored for museums or military airshows. If you can find one in a scrapyard i guess but im sure there is some red tape involved.

I know what I'd put in my hangar if I had the cash and time. I'd put a C-130 in there, so's I could haul all my goodies around in it (and land in short, unimproved airstrips, and do airdrops, and do medivac, and haul cargo for a living, and well, do all the things that a C-130 has been doing since it entered service with the USAF -and almost any/every other air force in the world- for over 50 years). Oh yeah, and I'd have a Piper or three in there for short, personal hops. As far as war birds, I'd have to have two favorite WWII aircraft, the P-47 Thunderbolt, and a P-38 Lightning. Other than that I'd really, really, really really really, like an F-15, but I know that won't happen for at least 40 years...

Te mid-engined Kingcobra looks goofy, as cool as it is.

The B26 Marauder has always been one of my favorites.

personally I Like the Zero.. :ph34r:

Yey for non-sealing fuel tanks and kite construction. :P

There's a reason why for every ONE F4U corsair a mitsuBitchy Zero shot down

the 'merican double-corncob, bent-wing blue angel killed like 27 of the Zeros.

Nip_OWNED!

The xero was a decent plane at the start of the war considering japan never really had a airplane history.

B-2 HAH

XB-35.jpg

I rather have a 1943 Northrop YB-35 Concept the first American 4 engine flying wing design no computer stabling which several crashed because the design is to complex for a pilot to fly and thus unstable resulting in the death of i think 2 crews, Canceling the flying wing design until the B-2 Era.

Edited by capriceman

Actually I believe that any self-respecting military aircraft collector should have a B-52 in their personal hangar. Hell only it, the KC-135, and the C-130 are all at least 50 years old and still serving proudly with the USAF. I'd say that's what you'd call if it ain't broke, don't freaking fix it!