PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

Satty

Linkypoo

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

:confused0071::alcoholic::thumbsdown::scared::sneeze:

Awwwww yeah, that's the real $h! right there... 100% Cambodian breast milk.

- D.C. as Puff-diddy

The whole world has gone MaD, the horsemen of the apocalypse will be

forthcoming any day now. And meantime the only P.E.T.A. I recognize

is People Eating Tasty Animals.

..animal farm?

...i've never read it.

Its basically About the Russian Revolution of 1917 but in place of Russia there is animals and the pigs get greedy and society fails.

how retarded can people get. However I wouldn't mind working at the plant of the collection.

Generally fresh breast milk is free from infections, and as a bonus comes with built-in antibodies to anything the mother is exposed to. It is even recommended that mothers with HIV still breast feed rather than use formula.

Certainly ice-cream made from human milk would be better for you, but still, this is a crazy idea and PETA knows it. It's all about hyperbole and shock value. Not that soylent green is not their ultimate aim (people are animals too you sick bastards!!).

PETA should remember what will happen to all these dairy cows if no-one wants cow-milk anymore. How is that ethical? Real wild oxen are extinct (there are a few feral herds of some ancient domestic breeds), but the survival of cattle as a species is due entirely to domestication.

PETA should remember what will happen to all these dairy cows if no-one wants cow-milk anymore. How is that ethical? Real wild oxen are extinct (there are a few feral herds of some ancient domestic breeds), but the survival of cattle as a species is due entirely to domestication.

american buffalo/bison, i never remember, would be much better for the environment and meat, but i don't hear the any greanies touting that.

if there were farms for women....the farmer should stay very happy. lol

if i am going to be coerced into consuming breast milk, then dammit, I am gonna take it straight from the source. Not from ice cream for crying out loud.

Sometimes its not the milk, but the container, that matters.

Best post of the entire thread.

Also, I recall that milking is good for cows.

Yeah Cows are pumped with hormones and the cow thinks its pregnant and produces milk. also Steroids are used so it can produce more milk. It has to be milked twice a day or the cows utter can rupture from the inside and be fatal to the cow. I Believe Peta is a useless organization. If you want to help animals donate to the Humane Society or Local Animal Shelter. Cows dont know any better and farmers make a living. Get over it Peta. I love milk and dairy. And if you don't go enjoy your soy milk :yuck: don't ruin it for the rest of us

Half the world's population is genetically adapted to consume dairy products throughout their lives (the rest essentially can only drink breastmilk during their early childhood).

The Humane society is just like PETA. Don't confuse it with the local groups that run shelters or the American Humane Association.

Cows need milking even without hormones, but if you don't milk them they just stop producing milk. Lactation is a demand feedback system. The more you ask for, the more you get, as long as the food/fat reserve is available to produce it. It's great for losing weight.

Edited by thegriffon

Opie & Anthony mentioned this "news story" this morning.... Jim Norton had a good comment or two.