Oh the joys of parenthood

Satty

Keeping things out of reach is something I've been learning about the last couple weeks with a 5 month old puppy at home now... the adult dogs in the house are fine, but the puppy (3 pounds of Yorkie joy) will take my socks out of the clothes basket, chew on my shoes, even try and carry off the tv remote...

She even unzipped my backpack which was sitting on the sofa, pulled out my iPod, and started chewing on the earbuds..

Ginger:

i1-vi.jpg

Satty, we once had to hire a guy with a backhoe to dig up 3/4 of our side yard, go into our pipes and fix plumbing gone wrong. I heard my daughter's 4 year old voice say, "'oh, that's mine' when he dislodged her woody woodpecker toothbrush from a pipe. I think that little episode cost roughly $1500 + replacement landscaping. What could we do? Apparently it fell in the toilet by accident, but I'm pretty sure the flushing was on purpose...... don't even get me started on the world's largest party (which happened at my house when I was 1000 miles away!)

Edited by staceface

Satty, we once had to hire a guy with a backhoe to dig up 3/4 of our side yard, go into our pipes and fix plumbing gone wrong. I heard my daughter's 4 year old voice say, "'oh, that's mine' when he dislodged her woody woodpecker toothbrush from a pipe. I think that little episode cost roughly $1500 + replacement landscaping. What could we do? Apparently it fell in the toilet by accident, but I'm pretty sure the flushing was on purpose...... don't even get me started on the world's largest party (which happened at my house when I was 1000 miles away!)

Damn! I would have gone crazy!

>>"Aaaaaand now he has taken my car keys and put them someplace. I assume he threw them into a wormhole or some sort of trans-dimensional port, since they dont seem to be anywhere in this dimension. "<<

Years ago, I bought a few auto-related items thru the mail, received the box and opened it upon arrival. One tidbit was a round 2.5"-dia MoonEyes magnet. Bright yellow, eye-catching. My son was little, between 2 & 3. He was interested, I let him hold it. He bolted, running with it in one hand; out of the kitchen, thru the living room, thru the dining room and back in the other end of the kitchen. Elapsed time, approx 12 seconds. No MoonEyes magnet.

"Where'd the 'sticker' go?" I asked, perturbed. I had held it all of 3 seconds.

"I dunno," he replied. He was already on to whatever was next.

I searched, and I'm a master at locating lost items.

Gone.

About 9 years later, on an inspired cleaning spree, guess what I find, black side down, clinging to the bottom of the stove?

Kids.

Edited by balthazar

>>"Aaaaaand now he has taken my car keys and put them someplace. I assume he threw them into a wormhole or some sort of trans-dimensional port, since they dont seem to be anywhere in this dimension. "<<

Years ago, I bought a few auto-related items thru the mail, received the box and opened it upon arrival. One tidbit was a round 2.5"-dia MoonEyes magnet. Bright yellow, eye-catching. My son was little, between 2 & 3. He was interested, I let him hold it. He bolted, running with it in one hand; out of the kitchen, thru the living room, thru the dining room and back in the other end of the kitchen. Elapsed time, approx 12 seconds. No MoonEyes magnet.

"Where'd the 'sticker' go?" I asked, perturbed. I had held it all of 3 seconds.

"I dunno," he replied. He was already on to whatever was next.

I searched, and I'm a master at locating lost items.

Gone.

About 9 years later, on an inspired cleaning spree, guess what I find, black side down, clinging to the bottom of the stove?

Kids.

I found a GI Joe that way...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to solve the computer problem without spending any money. Unfortunately I had to do a full system restore. Stupid computers.

I guess I just lost track of time, because I forgot how old this thing is. It didn't come with SP2 installed, so stupid iTunes wont install so now I have to wait for stupid SP2 to dl and install before I install iTunes then get to go through the fun task of importing the eleventy-billion music files off my external harddrive.

Edited by Satty