LaCrosse with portholes

buickguy

Those wheels, the GM logo, and the style of portholes used here scream tacky. I think something more along the lines of the Lucerne's portholes could work. These are just downright goofy looking.

I would rather have them on a properly proportioned RWD body were they wouldent be OVER THE WEEL WELL!!-------=((UGLY!!))-------They could look MUTCH BETTER on a PROPERLY STYLED BODY were there is some space between the front door line and weel well. But as it is------(W)------based I guess its OK.

I prefer the shape & spacing of the VentiPorts on the LaCrosse to those on the maserati quattroporte, which come off as afterthought-ish to my eye.

[post="37418"][/post]

I don't know how serious you were but chances are those portholes on the LaCrosse are actually afterthoughts because it looks like the ones you just stick on the side of the car.

My brother just bought a Park Avenue and he has portholes that you just stick on. The Maserati portholes actually look functional and cut into the sheetmetal.
Here is my brothers portholes, I would've gone out and taken a closer picture of them but I am feeling pretty lazy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(A zoomed picture of them)
Posted Image

I prefer the shape & spacing of the VentiPorts on the LaCrosse to those on the maserati quattroporte, which come off as afterthought-ish to my eye.

Posted Image

[post="37418"][/post]

The Maserati is MUTCH more what I was talking about in my previous post! PROPORTION! :)

nice ride...

[post="37733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You haven't seen the half of it Zoom. The picture doesn't do it justice. Had a white ragtop LeSabre that a deer ran into (it actually hit him while he was driving, it ran right into the side of his car, wrapped around the rear view mirror and ruined the whole drivers side) and he's basically going to be doing to the PA what he did to the LeSabre. If you want to see the LeSabre, here is his Car Domain site-

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/736601

Oh I know The LaCrosse's VentiPorts are actually stuck on, but the design of them looks slicker than those 'rounded squares' on the maserati, functional (??) tho they may be. They just don't well integrated from a styling viewpoint. IMO.

[post="37734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Balth, I agree- the stick on portholes do look better than the Maserati ones, but it bothers me that you can tell they're fake, when I look at my brothers, I feel it's cheap looking just because you know it's stuck on so I give Maserati points just because it's in the sheetmetal... but I like the style of the stick on ones (basically the Park Avenue Ultra ones because those aren't stick ons, yet same style) better.

I would LOVE for any & all Buick VentiPorts to be cut into the sheetmetal AND be functional.
The maserati portholes look fine as is, but when you look at them on the whole car, they look afterthought-ish and... floating. Somehow the Buick VentiPorts look... right. Then again, it may just be me: 'Buick' has always meant portholes (among other things), even tho my Buick is one of the few that has none.

BTW- take another look at that maserati pick: note the reflection lines from the fender to door: looks like really poor panel alignment, eh?

They're speedholes. They make the car go faster.

[post="38314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm pretty sure you can get up to like 10 hp with each. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you can get up to like 10 hp with each.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

[post="38317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wrong. 5hp per and an additional 10hp when you have a full set of six, making a total of 40hp gain with the Ventiports.

Painting it yellow nets you +15.

Wow, so much cooler than actually making a REAL Buick car. <_<

• 1 month later...

They're speedholes. They make the car go faster.

[post="38314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is such an awesome episode! :lol:

And Buickguy, I don't know if they're getting them for 2007, but I imagine there'd be some sort of upgrade package or ventiport coming standard when they refresh the vehicle and add the "Super" packaging for 2008.