Stupidest question you've been asked

Satty

Other than "Whats the stupidest question you've ever been asked" what is the stupidest question you've ever been asked. I had a chick at work ask what "ball funk" was the other day. She once asked what rasisina are made out of, but I wasn't around for that. Worse than that, a few months ago, sitting in the lecture hall waiting fro my Bio class to start, the gil who sat behind me asked if lettuce was a plant.

Other than "Whats the stupidest question you've ever been asked" what is the stupidest question you've ever been asked.  I had a chick at work ask what "ball funk" was the other day.  She once asked what rasisina are made out of, but I wasn't around for that.  Worse than that, a few months ago, sitting in the lecture hall waiting fro my Bio class to start, the gil who sat behind me asked if lettuce was a plant.

[post="37174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was once asked if the Red Sea was red.

On a related note, I once asked a hotel staffer directions to a restaurant, and she said that she was 'directionally challenged' and wouldn't be able to help me.

Me: I'm looking for a power window motor for a 1985 S10 Blazer. Autozone Guy: is that a Ford? Me: No, it's a Chevy. Autozone Guy: What engine size? Me: errr...um....it's got a 350. Autozone Guy: Is that a four cylinder?

Well I was once standing in auto class with my hood up working on my car (and most of you know it's a 3.8L V6 3800 Series III haha) Kid: What size engine is that? Me: It kind of says right there: 3800 Series, which is a 3.8 Kid: Yeah dude they have these in the Z06s. They're sweet. Me: Nope, I have a 6 cylinder *points* 1, 2, 3... 4, 5, 6. Kid: Well you should put a Z06 intake on it Me: Good idea.. if I had an 8 Kid: Well I'm sure a Z06 cam would fit in it though. That would make it FLY! I walked away.

Being a tech support kinda guy.... I have a lot of them.

My favorite...

"Is the internet down?"

[post="37178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol: Yes! Get that one all the time!

My answer: Yes, the whole Internet is down.

We also have a light switch on our wall labeled "Internet". We keep it in the 'off' position. :rolleyes:

Airhead chick starring at my '68 Camaro with a big prominent blue Bowtie in the grille: "Nice Mustang, what year?" Chick in high school, real conversation: (true story) "Where's Thiland?" -- It's in south-east Asia. "Where's that?" -- it's right next to Vietnam. "Vietnam was a WAR not a country." -- Wow... whatever you say. :blink:

Airhead chick starring at my '68 Camaro with a big prominent blue Bowtie in the grille:

"Nice Mustang, what year?"

I've had crap like that happen with my Grand Am as they're looking at the front of it (and as you all know I have big sticker saying "Grand Am GT" on my windsheild)... :rolleyes:

Pointed out the air conditioning feature on a new car, only to have the customer ask me if it also came with heat. I also, for some reason, find that when someone calls somewhere, and asks if someone's there its the stupidest question ever. ie: - Hello? - Hi, is Hannah there? I just want to say "yes, thanks for caring" and hang up.

So my buddy has a shirt that says "I'm Allergic to Stupid People!" on it and we were at a truck stop filling up the tour trucks and we had Fuelman.... The lady at the counter goes "Mileage Please" and my friend goes "We have fuelman, you dont need our mileage" Then she says "mileage please" again and he goes "you dont need it!" Then she looks at him and goes "Oh, I guess you can't talk to me cause you must be allergic." She sold herself out for being stupid!!! It was so funny...

:lol:  Yes!  Get that one all the time!

My answer:  Yes, the whole Internet is down.

We also have a light switch on our wall labeled "Internet".  We keep it in the 'off' position.  :rolleyes:

I get that a lot at work too..

Not so much of a question but a remark that just made me stop and think for a bit was I was working on this one teacher's computer and their hard drive was bad and all so I tell them that we will replace it but then they get the impression that they are getting a whole new computer since they call the CPU "hard drive" :blink:
Another common remark is when our staff members are talking about their shared folder as a shared "drive"

A guy from high school riding in my Lumina:

"Wow, does this thing have a V8 in it?"

A girl in high school US history class (extremely ditzy blonde):
"Who won the Revolutionary War again? The Native Americans or the Britains?"

She was being serious too.

A Hotel, Restaurant, & Institutional Management major:

"Architecture? Is that where you build buildings?"

Design, not build. I don't actually put on coveralls and a hard hat and start welding beams together.

Someone: "What's your ethnic heritage?"
Me: "Asian and European."
Someone: "Oh wow. When did you come here?"
Me: "I was born here."
Someone: "No, I mean when did you come to the United States?"
Me: "Wha...?"

Someone: "Nice Bonneville!"
Me: "Oh, hey, thanks."
Someone: "Yeah, is that the Tom Petty Edition?"
Me: "Wha...?"

My favorite, when working at the airport:
Someone: "Do you guys have a courtesy car I can use?"
Me: "No, we don't. Sorry."
Someone: "Well...can I use your car?"
Me: "Uh...no?"
Someone: "Why the hell not?"
Me: "Uh...I don't know you?"
Someone: "What? You think I'm going to fucking steal your car?!"
Me: "Uh...maybe?"

Last year in History we were talking about the Cuban Missle Crisis and the nuclear weapons that were there and stuff. Anyways, first of all she asked me (and this is after we've been talking about it for a week), "why would we be scared of the nuclear weapons there?" and then one day the teacher said "nuke" instead of nuclear weapon and she said "what's a nuke?" Then this year in English we were talking about something which I don't remember exactly, but anyways somehow we got onto the subject of dolphins. This one guy made some comment like "did you know humans and dolphins are the only mammals who mate for pleasure?" and the same girl that made the nuke comments said "wait, that's actually happened?" thinking that dolphins and humans mated, not that dolphins mated with themselves. The same girl thought trees were made of bark rather than wood and makes countless comments like that. And she's not a blonde either.

A guy from high school riding in my Lumina:

"Wow, does this thing have a V8 in it?"

A girl in high school US history class (extremely ditzy blonde):
"Who won the Revolutionary War again?  The Native Americans or the Britains?"

She was being serious too.

A Hotel, Restaurant, & Institutional Management major:

"Architecture?  Is that where you build buildings?"

Design, not build.  I don't actually put on coveralls and a hard hat and start welding beams together.

[post="37460"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

"you're an architect? so....LIKE....do you draw house plans and stuff?"

Back in college, I ran into a friend who was walking with a girl he knew. We said hi to each other and I told her my name was Gus. She said, "Oh, are you Greek?" (I actually get that a lot, but I'm not). I tell her no, it's short for Gustavo, I'm Colombian. She stops walking and asks me, "Really? Are you sure you're not Greek?" :blink:

Me: "I need spark plugs for a 1985 Lincoln Continental"
Autozone guy: *taps at the keyboard*
Autozone guy: "Is that the V8 or the diesel?"
Me: "Uh.... guess"

[post="37637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LMAO :lol: :lol:

Today i asked for some 5W-30 and this kid at the counter handed me 10W-30. I was like this is the wrong stuff. Then he hands me 5W-20. At this point i wanted to reach over and strangle the kid. No, wrong stuff again. finally he gives me the right stuff and said "Oil is Oil man its all the same", Me I said "Why is there somany differnt kinds then if all we need is one.?" He looked and said "so they can make more money". :blink:

Except for the idiots who work at auto related businesses, one can't really fault folks who aren't absolute car nuts for not knowing cars....people were born not to know.

[post="37842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Shouldn't they know what there are doing before they apply tho. instead of I'll try it. They should know what the differences in oil are and stuff like that.

back when I was a kid I worked as a stocker in a grocery store. I can;t tell you how many times peple asked me where something was while they were pretty much staring driectly at it. "can you tell me where the spaghetti sauce is?" "right there." (It only took up litterally a whole side of the aisle) "No I need the Ragu" "That says Ragu." "You sure?" it was almost immediately followed by "how much is it?" we didn't put these huge hanging pricetags on the shelves for nothing dude. amazing how often people don't use their eyes. Edited by Turbojett

No, TJ, I've got you beat.. I work at a Pet store. On the one rack are many "Beware of Dog" signs. Out of about 15 signs, I'd say 11 are "Beware of Dog" ones. Guy: Hey. I see these signs, *pointing directly at the one he soon finds out he's going to buy* but where are the "Beware of Dog" signs at? Me: You're pointing at them. Guy: Buutt... Oh! Okay. Didn't see them there. I couldn't help but laugh.

Well I was around an auto manufacturer facility....turned a corner and saw an SUV with a nose job. I pulled over and shot it and the guy sped past me, turned around and stops next to me. Rolls down his window and asks "can I help you?" Struck me as such an odd question for the situation I didnt know what to say so I just sped away. I suppose I should've said "um no I know what it is" or "sure what other protos ya got in there?"

At a Target picking up some travel supplies:

Her: Are you going on a trip?
Me: Yes, I'm leaving for Hawai'i tomorrow.
Her: Oh, are you flying?
Me: No, I'm driving.
Her: How long does it take to drive to Hawai'i? (serious question)

[post="38127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Unless she sounded completely serious when she answered your last part with the question, she easily might have figured you were going on a cruise.

I'm an aircraft mechanic and I recently went out to fix an engine problem. Got the engine cowlings opened and started pulling the bad part.
Pilot sees me and asked...

"You the engine mechanic?" :huh:

[post="38258"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope, I just wanted to see how it works. :lol:

A random search for parts for my car yielded this:
Posted Image
"Um, yeah...Do you happen to have any seat covers that will fit my '49 Cobalt."

Idiots. And I've ordered stuff from them before, so yeah, that remark is warranted.

Unless she sounded completely serious when she answered your last part with the question, she easily might have figured you were going on a cruise.

[post="38128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uhm... I wouldn't have posted it as a stupid question if she wasn't serious. The rest of the conversation involved me explaining Hawaii was a group of islands.

Next time say "No, I work for Northwest Airlines. We're strapped for parts, so I'm borrowing a few off this plane."

[post="38299"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm in the Air Force, the uniform normally is a dead give away.
You wouldn't believe the things I've heard.
Pilot "The UHF radio doesn't work inn the official channel"
Me "What official channel?"
Pilot (getting upset) "Its there on the selector"
Me "Show me"
Pilot (pointing) "There!"
Me "Ummm, that's 'off'"

After I repaired an auxiliary power unit (only works on the ground), I was asked if they should do an inflight check on it. I told them to go ahead (being a smartalec). They wrote it up for not starting inflight.