2010 Chevy Camaro standard and optional equipment list revealed

The highly anticipated 2010 Chevy Camaro is now only a few months from hitting the showroom floor, and we're just getting the final scoop on standard and optional content that will be available for all five Camaro variants. Customers wanting to order a Camaro can choose from LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS models, and standard and optional equipment varies greatly between each package. The base model LS comes equipped with OnStar, 18-inch rims, and a 300-hp V6 engine, and the only optional item is floor mats. The 1LT package includes optional 19-inch rims, a Boston Acoustics sound system and a sunroof. The 2LT gets standard 19s, the sound system, leather seats, ambient lighting and Bluetooth and USB connections.

If you want your Camaro to include a 422-hp V8, you'll need to step up to the SS. The 1SS package includes standard 20-inch rims, four-piston Brembo brakes, a limited-slip differential and engine and transmission cooler. Options include polished aluminum wheels, a sunroof, and the upgraded sound system. The 2SS model adds all the standard features of the 1SS package and the 2LT package plus options including dual rally strips, a sunroof, and the Inferno Orange Accent interior. All trims except for the LS model have the option of adding the RS package, which gets you 20-inch rims, HID lamps, a spoiler (for the LT model), a Midnight Silver paint finish, darkened tail lights, and body colored molding.

Camaro sales may still be a few months away, but you'll be able to order yours at a local dealer beginning October 13. The complete list of standard and optional equipment is available for your perusal after the jump.

LS

Standard Equipment

- 3.6L SIDI V6 engine

- Dual exhaust

- 18-inch steel wheels

- Onstar Safe & Sound

- XM radio

- Stabilitrak

- 6 air bags: front, side and curtain

- 6-speaker base audio system

Optional Equipment

- Floor mats

1LT

Standard Equipment

(includes or replaces LS equipment)

- 18-inch aluminum Wheels

- Fog lights

- Driver Information Center

- Power Driver Seat

Optional Equipment

- Floor mats

- 19-inch aluminum wheels

- Power Sunroof

- Boston Acoustics 245watt 9-speaker premium audio

- Convenience & Connections Package

- RS Package

2LT

Standard Equipment

(includes or replaces 1LT equipment)

- 19 inch aluminum wheels

- Leather heated seats

- Ambient lighting

- Boston acoustics 245watt 9-speaker premium audio

- Auxiliary gauges (center console)

- Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors

- Bluetooth and USB connections

- Remote start (Automatic transmission only)

- Leather steering wheel with controls

- Rear parking assist (late availability)

- Head-up display (late availability)

Optional Equipment

- Floor mats

- 19-inch polished aluminum wheels

- Inferno Orange Accent interior

- Power sunroof

- Dual vinyl Rally Stripes in White or Cyber Gray

- RS Package

1SS

Standard Equipment

- 6.2L V8 engine

- 20 inch Aluminum wheels

- Brembo brakes including 4-piston calipers on all 4 wheels

- Engine oil cooler

- Transmission oil cooler

- Limited slip differential

- SS Gauge cluster

- SS spoiler

- SS grille badge

- Leather steering wheel and shift knob

- Power driver's seat

Optional Equipment

- Floor mats

- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels

- Power sunroof

- Convenience & Connections Package

- RS Package

2SS

Standard Equipment

(includes or replaces 1SS equipment)

- Leather heated seats

- Ambient lighting

- Auxiliary gauges (center console)

- Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors

- Bluetooth and USB connections

- Remote start (Automatic transmission only)

- Leather steering wheel with controls

- Rear parking assist (late availability)

- Head-up display (late availability)

Optional Equipment

- Floor mats

- 19-inch polished aluminum wheels

- Inferno Orange Accent interior

- Power sunroof

- Dual vinyl Rally Stripes in White or Cyber Gray

- RS Package

All trim levels include all the features of the level below them.

RS Package Available to be added to Either SS or LT trim levels

- HID Lamps

- Spoiler on LT Model

- 20 inch 5 spoke wheel

=Midnight silver paint finish

=Optional polished finish

- RS unique tail lamps (darkened lenses)

- Body Colored roof Ditch molding

- Special RS Badging

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/03/2010-ch...-list-revealed/

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

So does this mean the RS only comes in Silver? or is that just a finish on the paint?

If this gets me out of the Goat it will be an SS/RS for me.... I am just wondering how that will look with the stripes.

Edited by BatmanGTO

Damn... there was moment there... just a millisecond, when I thought:

"B-pillar delete option" :5thgen:

Very nice actually. The 2LT/RS sounds like it could be a very comfortable daily driver. This could end up being more of a Chevrolet premium coupe and possibly cross-shopped by those looking at Accord or Altima coupes. It definitely wins in the style department.

Too big, too heavy, too cramped, but damn it looks good. Let's hope with alpha they shrink it back down to a proper pony-car dimension, lose a lot of weight and give it some decent space. I have no doubt they'll keep a V8 or two just for bragging rights, even if you have trouble finding one without slipping the salesman something extra under the table. BTW, GM remembers the COPO :AH-HA_wink:

Batman, they are referring to the finish on the wheels, see the "equal" sign?

:lol: I thought the same as Batman. GMTA - Great Minds Think Alike. It is confusing terminology though.

I agree Ven 2LT RS is my kinda car. It looks very promising. Good gas mileage, tremendous presence, low insurance rate and still fun to drive.

:lol: I thought the same as Batman. GMTA - Great Minds Think Alike. It is confusing terminology though.

I agree Ven 2LT RS is my kinda car. It looks very promising. Good gas mileage, tremendous presence, low insurance rate and still fun to drive.

Me 3...on all of the above...It seems like they really optioned this out right, and it is dead sexy to boot...can't wait to see the production convertible

i didn't think it would happen but the more images i see the more i lust for this car. impractical right now, I'd have one ASAP if I could. this thing rocks. I even like the interior now.

the v6 with stick, she is mine. wish they'd turbo it. GM should offer a factory turbo kit for this engine.

Too big, too heavy, too cramped, but damn it looks good. Let's hope with alpha they shrink it back down to a proper pony-car dimension, lose a lot of weight and give it some decent space. I have no doubt they'll keep a V8 or two just for bragging rights, even if you have trouble finding one without slipping the salesman something extra under the table. BTW, GM remembers the COPO :AH-HA_wink:

Where?

They really should adopt the KISS strategy with this car if anything for traditions sake and peoples sanity. The Dodge Challenger does this so much better with a base V6, R/T 5.7 Hemi and SRT8 6.1 Hemi lineup. A base Camaro with RS option and one SS are all thats really needed. Enough with the lame 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS sillyness. If you want alloys in your base Camaro then it should be a seperate option. If someone wants leather in there SS then thats what optional equipment is for. Also I think Chevy would have been wise to make 17" rims std on base models without Onstar and XM radio for a lower base price. Speaking of prices, I will be very interested to see what the base price is. The 2009 Mustang V6 starts at $20790 and the Challenger V6 starts at $21995. Both include desintation charge and are 2009 models. If Chevy hopes to be competitive with these, I would expect a base price no more than 23K!

Edited by ponchoman49

option packaging limits build combinations, which streamlines the entire manufacturing, marketing and distribution process. it saves on the price of the car and costs and headaches for those that distribute and sell it.

that said, some flexibility needs to be there.

initially, i believe with the demand, chevy will be able to sell every one, reagrdless of option content and make good money.

what exactly is "body colored roof ditch"?

A roof ditch that is body color instead of black or chromed, I suppose. I think 'roof ditch' is the molding that covers a seam between the roof top and pillars/side panels on some bodies. Also I think it could refer to the the old-time 'drip rails' that cars used to have, they kind of worked like ditches..

Also I think it could refer to the the old-time 'drip rails' that cars used to have, they kind of worked like ditches..

Wow... you just brought back a memory... my dad never did figure out what I meant by "the gutters on the car", when I was a little boy talking about the drip rails on our 82 Malibu Classic.

They really should adopt the KISS strategy with this car if anything for traditions sake and peoples sanity. The Dodge Challenger does this so much better with a base V6, R/T 5.7 Hemi and SRT8 6.1 Hemi lineup. A base Camaro with RS option and one SS are all thats really needed. Enough with the lame 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS sillyness. If you want alloys in your base Camaro then it should be a seperate option. If someone wants leather in there SS then thats what optional equipment is for. Also I think Chevy would have been wise to make 17" rims std on base models without Onstar and XM radio for a lower base price. Speaking of prices, I will be very interested to see what the base price is. The 2009 Mustang V6 starts at $20790 and the Challenger V6 starts at $21995. Both include desintation charge and are 2009 models. If Chevy hopes to be competitive with these, I would expect a base price no more than 23K!

Challenger actually comes in SE E Package, SE G Package, R/T F Package, R/T J Package and SRT8. If you want leather in your R/T, you have to get the R/T J package. It's not a standalone option.

1LT is essentially a base LS with floormats, foglights, aluminum wheels and power seats. So, not quite a straight aluminum wheel option, but not a ton of equipment required, either.

The Camaro LS/LT should handily outperform the Mustang V6 and Challenger SE models on all fronts.

I'd say your $23k base price is pretty close to what we'll see for Camaro LS.

Batman, they are referring to the finish on the wheels, see the "equal" sign?

on that note......

Black with White Stripes..... I believed polished..... but does anyone have a pic of what the Midnight Silver looks like? So they just mean gunmetal?

...and starting at $22,995 for an LS and $30,995 for an SS.

I hope those prices last more than a month. My buddy and I noticed that some 2009 Impala LS and LT's went up over $700.00 in just a month which is a big increase over the August increases. There were some Impala LTZ's for 32K which is near luxury territory. I hope the Camaro doesn't follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the talk of the Camaro being overweight, would anybody be interested in a "light weight" package (sort of like the M3 used to have)? Say...

• ditch all the airbags except the front two
  • dumb down the center stack and stereo (lose some speakers)
  • ditch unnecessary electronics (traction control, stabilitrak, OnStar)
  • use light weight materials for the seats
  • use "plastic" (like the Corvette) hood, trunk lid, front fenders, and door skins
  • lighten some of the suspension pieces

With all the talk of the Camaro being overweight, would anybody be interested in a "light weight" package (sort of like the M3 used to have)? Say...

• ditch all the airbags except the front two
  • dumb down the center stack and stereo (lose some speakers)
  • ditch unnecessary electronics (traction control, stabilitrak, OnStar)
  • use light weight materials for the seats
  • use "plastic" (like the Corvette) hood, trunk lid, front fenders, and door skins
  • lighten some of the suspension pieces

I would be interested in a Track Package car, like the one you spec'd, set up for SCCA autocross.

The Honda boys were pissed when they got their asses handed to them by a Solstice at the last auto-X, maybe we can make the Honda guys see even MORE GM tail light.

chris

Well, I have not bought a new car since the early 90's and not a good idea to buy one now but cannot resist the new Camaro so once they are out a little while and I can get a good enough deal one will be mine. My question is will there be other interior choices other than black available?

Well, I have not bought a new car since the early 90's and not a good idea to buy one now but cannot resist the new Camaro so once they are out a little while and I can get a good enough deal one will be mine. My question is will there be other interior choices other than black available?

Yes Titanium (Gray) and Beige.

Yes Titanium (Gray) and Beige.

I wonder if they will do any two-tones. A beige and black, or gray with the brown like available on the Malibu would be nice...or black w/ red seats and door panel inserts (would be my favorite).

I wonder if they will do any two-tones. A beige and black, or gray with the brown like available on the Malibu would be nice...or black w/ red seats and door panel inserts (would be my favorite).

As far as I remember there is an inferno Orange two tone interior that is going to be available for limited time on the 2SS, Camino can help me on that.

As far as I remember there is an inferno Orange two tone interior that is going to be available for limited time on the 2SS, Camino can help me on that.

Yes, I guess I saw the inferno orange two tone interior but not sure that is for me, lol! Titanium gray might do the trick although black on such a cool car might be the ticket al long as I park in my work garage and use a screen so my kids do not lose it in shorts in the summer.

I think exterior color will be very hard to chose as the silver, red jewel tint, white, and even the yellow and orange are cool.

Yes, I guess I saw the inferno orange two tone interior but not sure that is for me, lol! Titanium gray might do the trick although black on such a cool car might be the ticket al long as I park in my work garage and use a screen so my kids do not lose it in shorts in the summer.

I think exterior color will be very hard to chose as the silver, red jewel tint, white, and even the yellow and orange are cool.

Yeah, color inside and out would be tough for me. I know with the Mustang what my perfect color combo is (tungsten gray exterior, black w/ red trim interior). With the Camaro, I think white w/ a black interior would be very striking, though i usually don't like white.

Yeah, color inside and out would be tough for me. I know with the Mustang what my perfect color combo is (tungsten gray exterior, black w/ red trim interior). With the Camaro, I think white w/ a black interior would be very striking, though i usually don't like white.

I think I am going to go with the Cyber Gray Metallic or Imperial Blue Metallic with black interior. However, I am going to backtrack on my engine choice, after looking at the V-8 options, I am debating whether to get the LT2-RS or SS2-RS. :scratchchin:

I'd go for the V8 w/ a manual. If I bought a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger, it would be a fun 2nd/3rd car, not a daily driver.

It possibly will be a second/third car for me.

Edited by smallchevy