Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Does this concern anyone else?

On October 1, the Pentagon, for the first time ever, dedicated an Army force specifically to NorthCom, which is in charge of securing not some foreign region but the United States of America.

The Pentagon’s decision to dedicate the First Brigade Combat Team to NorthCom has raised alarms, especially in the context of the current economic crisis. In Bush’s National Security Presidential Directive 51, he lays out his authority in the event of a catastrophic emergency. In such an emergency, “the President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government” and will coordinate with state, local, and tribal governments, along with private sector owners of infrastructure.

NSPD 51 defines a catastrophic emergency as “any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government function.”

Notice the use of the word “or” above. In our current circumstances, it might be more relevant to read the definition this way: “any incident . . . that results in extraordinary levels of . . . disruption severely affecting the U.S. . . . economy.”

On October 1, the Pentagon, for the first time ever, dedicated an Army force specifically to NorthCom, which is in charge of securing not some foreign region but the United States of America.

The Pentagon’s decision to dedicate the First Brigade Combat Team to NorthCom has raised alarms, especially in the context of the current economic crisis. In Bush’s National Security Presidential Directive 51, he lays out his authority in the event of a catastrophic emergency. In such an emergency, “the President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government” and will coordinate with state, local, and tribal governments, along with private sector owners of infrastructure.

NSPD 51 defines a catastrophic emergency as “any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government function.”

Notice the use of the word “or” above. In our current circumstances, it might be more relevant to read the definition this way: “any incident . . . that results in extraordinary levels of . . . disruption severely affecting the U.S. . . . economy.”

Blackwater'll have franchises in major urban areas. Track us via our cell phones. Maybe send a Predator drone out to search for rabble-rousers. It'll keep the riff-raff in check, minus the drug trade which they'll want regulate. And whores. To keep morale up a bit.

Sounds like somebody's scared :D

Sounds like somebody's taking precautionary measures against an uprising not seen since the Civil War.

Meh, no worries though. This country has fallen too far to ever present a truly united front again anyway.

Meh we oughta send them into to gang-infested cities and have a good old fashion fight on crime. Maybe civilians could join the anti-gang NorthCom National Guard.

I'm not particularly worried about this, what are they doing to do? Declare martial law? Do you really think citizens would stand for that? Hell the general populace of the US probably has more weaponry than the entire US army does (granted their weapons are more effective :lol:) But the point is that Americans would not stand for a despot and would fight, violently if need be, to prevent such an occurrence.

Now if democrats were in control and re-instated the Assault weapons ban + various other gun measures and THEN did this, then yes i would be worried, but in its current form i find it nothing more than an oddity.

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

I haven't been around much because of this reason...

Its all sort of coming together right now and I understand a lot of what i have been subjected to the past couple years.

That's about all i can say. :wink: cough* maybe later i will go into some details but don't be alarmed.

Maybe we are getting ready for our third attempt to take over Canada?

Maybe Canada will invade us! That way we would could finally get the metric system, universal health care, and lacrosse. And widespead availability of Tim Hortons, Earls, The Keg and Western Pizza :)

Edited by moltar

Maybe Canada will invade us! That way we would could finally get the metric system! :)

Which brings me to another question. If 2 NATO countries simultaneously invade the other at the exact same time (literally same millisecond), does that mean that NATO is obliged to fight on the side of both countries?

And considering that Tim Hortons has only had marginal success in coming to America, i doubt it, at least not any sooner than they would have come on their own.

Which brings me to another question. If 2 NATO countries simultaneously invade the other at the exact same time (literally same millisecond), does that mean that NATO is obliged to fight on the side of both countries?

And considering that Tim Hortons has only had marginal success in coming to America, i doubt it, at least not any sooner than they would have come on their own.

No idea... interestingly, I know of a couple tiny towns in Ohio that have Tim Hortons, none here in the Phoenix area AFAIK. Speaking of Canadian chains I like, here in the Phoenix area, we have Earl's, The Keg, Boston's, and Western Pizza... the Denver area has the first 3 also.

Edited by moltar

No idea... interestingly, I know of a couple tiny towns in Ohio that have Tim Hortons, none here in the Phoenix area AFAIK. Speaking of Canadian chains I like, here in the Phoenix area, we have Earl's, The Keg, Boston's, and Western Pizza... the Denver area has the first 3 also.

Tim Hortons is slowly expanding in the northern states. They had 2 places down in Florida back in the day but those were eventually shut down.

Maybe we are getting ready for our third attempt to take over Canada?

"they're not even a real country anyway..." -S.P.B.L.U. :lol:

-----

All joking aside: Reason No.357 why the 2nd Amendment is essential

to all that makes our Nation the best in the world. STILL.

Edited by Sixty8panther

This much, I think we can count on.

:unitedstates::metal:

it does seem distressing in spite of the usual. sadly more aren't coming home and reentering our workforce and starting new companies and reindustrializing this nation.

Well if they weren't re-enlisting and if our dollar falls precipitously in value then your wish may come true. The weakness of the dollar has been good for USA manufacturing, however as the dollar slowly begins to strengthen we will once again loose what little edge we have in production (other than productivity) on the global market.

Besides, during a time of economic downturn i do believe their job security is infinitely better in the military at this given time.

And you wonder why people keep leaving C&G. You people are paranoid. Enough negativity already. This is primarily because of Katrina and Ike etc. Bush's term is up, Cheney didn't even run for president. There is no difference between the candidates on almost any policy except a timetable for withdrawal. Have we heard anything on funding for Amtrak, or commuter transit? No. They both have the same policies, and all they've been doing is saying the other side is lying about it. Energy, healthcare, etc., it's all the same, and very little is different from what you've got already. All they really have to say right now is "You won't cut taxes, I will"

And you wonder why people keep leaving C&G. You people are paranoid. Enough negativity already. This is primarily because of Katrina and Ike etc. Bush's term is up, Cheney didn't even run for president. There is no difference between the candidates on almost any policy except a timetable for withdrawal. Have we heard anything on funding for Amtrak, or commuter transit? No. They both have the same policies, and all they've been doing is saying the other side is lying about it. Energy, healthcare, etc., it's all the same, and very little is different from what you've got already. All they really have to say right now is "You won't cut taxes, I will"

Job's too big for one Man or Woman. Too many separate and special interests. I don't know how we've made this far.

The reason is because with the economy tanking and how this current election is going there is fear of civil uprising. or revolt. there are actually pulling people from iraq to these units. Its more of a 5 minute soldier type deal if there called for they will mass from no where. WE are training for mostly riot patrol. Along with other things.... I control southeast MI unit and have been told casualty's are negotiable. Meaning they are tolerated. Surprisingly this was passed in a closed door congress and Bush vetoed it, however it was overruled. there are several important factors that i will not mention but you get the drift.

You didn't hear this from me

The reason is because with the economy tanking and how this current election is going there is fear of civil uprising. or revolt. there are actually pulling people from iraq to these units. Its more of a 5 minute soldier type deal if there called for they will mass from no where. WE are training for mostly riot patrol. Along with other things.... I control southeast MI unit and have been told casualty's are negotiable. Meaning they are tolerated. Surprisingly this was passed in a closed door congress and Bush vetoed it, however it was overruled. there are several important factors that i will not mention but you get the drift.

From one professional Soldier to another; I have a hard time believing your post.

Which is exactly why I choose not to vote.

We'll get the "same $h!, different day" treatment regardless who wins.

The reason is because with the economy tanking and how this current election is going there is fear of civil uprising. or revolt.

LOL, see my first post in this thread.

Would I be a part of the shenanigans? I'll let you review my replies and decide.

:D

Surprisingly this was passed in a closed door congress and Bush vetoed it, however it was overruled. there are several important factors that i will not mention but you get the drift.

So, we should fear the future over the past, I guess.

Who says america is free anyway?

I don't see how this will be a problem in the future though... Once the powers that be have bankrupted 90% of the population into poverty, it won't be able to unite and provide resistance anyway.

The tipping point would be now, if anyone is going to try anything.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

From one professional Soldier to another; I have a hard time believing your post.

I fully understand your point and respect that. It sounds like something out of "1984." I might be talking about something different no one has said anything yet on name or call sign. All I know is that there's a supply house in Novi, MI containing a $h! load of tear gas and gas masks and riot shields. I have a pretty high ranking position and i can call the shots in a State of Emergency event. If anything is "Endangering to the general public" we have full permission to use lethal force. I will do everything I can if put in this position to avoid harm to civilians. There is 17 guys that are spending the last year of service in this division A couple are from Iraq and Germany. It is a branch of the National Guard i believe.

I thank you for your service,

I will steal one from the Marines...

"Semper fidelis"

(Always Faithful)

So, we should fear the future over the past, I guess.

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

One day i hope i wake up from this nightmare and be 5 again were my only fear was my dark basement and that sewer snake would come up from the toilet while I was using it. I can't tell you what to believe or think, All I do ask is to question the present.

I don't see how this will be a problem in the future though... Once the powers that be have bankrupted 90% of the population into poverty, it won't be able to unite and provide resistance anyway.

The tipping point would be now, if anyone is going to try anything.

Meh we have all our amendments for a reason.

That being said, you sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Meh we have all our amendments for a reason.

That being said, you sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Not really...

Do you think the citizens of this nation can unite if they are struggling to afford fuel and food? That's not conspiracy, that's a well proven wartime fact.

I'll throw another 'opinion' of mine into this melting pot. (pun intended) Do you think that this country could ever unite anyway based on how diverse it has become? I don't think so.

Now, before anyone says it, I'm not against diversity. But I am against people coming to america (or any other country for that matter) and refusing to be a part of that country in spirit. Some of the people who live here couldn't care less about america and what it stands for. Instead, they continue to support their home country and 'use' america for it's opportunity. Immigrants used to be proud that they were coming to america, and we benefited from that in a HUGE way. Not so much anymore.

So, do I think anything is really going to happen? (i.e. a conspiracy against the government) Absolutley not.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Not really...

Do you think the citizens of this nation can unite if they are struggling to afford fuel and food? That's not conspiracy, that's a well proven wartime fact.

I'll throw another 'opinion' of mine into this melting pot. (pun intended) Do you think that this country could ever unite anyway based on how diverse it has become? I don't think so.

Now, before anyone says it, I'm not against diversity. But I am against people coming to america (or any other country for that matter) and refusing to be a part of that country in spirit. Some of the people who live here couldn't care less about america and what it stands for. Instead, they continue to support their home country and 'use' america for it's opportunity. Immigrants used to be proud that they were coming to america, and we benefited from that in a HUGE way. Not so much anymore.

So, do I think anything is really going to happen? (i.e. a conspiracy against the government) Absolutley not.

Even a dirt poor nation who is armed can overcome an oppressive government with enough resolve.

Has anyone ever pondered the idea that this was Osama's goal all along? He knew he couldn't take out the U.S. with conventional or even guerrilla warfare.... but rather tried to goad the U.S. in to a war where it bankrupted itself until it implodes in financial catastrophe causing citizens to turn on each other and the military responding with force......

Has anyone ever pondered the idea that this was Osama's goal all along? He knew he couldn't take out the U.S. with conventional or even guerrilla warfare.... but rather tried to goad the U.S. in to a war where it bankrupted itself until it implodes in financial catastrophe causing citizens to turn on each other and the military responding with force......

I don't give him that much credit, but I'm sure it makes him smile.

We have horribly over-reacted to 9/11 in the way that we live here.

Only fools trade freedom for security.

well it is basically what happened to the soviet union, so why wouldn't he know it would hasten our bankruptcy too?

I think Osama accomplished his goal. (And I've been saying that for 3 years now)

Do I think he planned it? Not really. But I think he was smart enough to know how to 'hit us where it hurts' and then 'hope for the best'. americans are so greedy and corrupt that they did the rest all by themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
Fundamental Christianity believes that the anti-christ will control everyone on earth via a global bank run by a global government.

This seems to be the first step.

And if they had their way (the fundies), they'd probably rip up the Constitiution and create a theocracy. Lots of nut jobs out there of all stripes with all sorts of crazy theories....

I'm more worried about the rise of Skynet and the robots...I think Google is becoming Cyberdyne... :)

Edited by moltar

And if they had their way (the fun-dies), they'd probably rip up the Constitution and create a theocracy. Lots of nut jobs out there of all stripes with all sorts of crazy theories....

With everything else going on, a welcome diversion. :mind-blowing:

Apocalypse Wow.

I know...

But still, it kind of makes me raise an eyebrow none the less...

Either way, I DO NOT like the idea of a global government, especially when everyone on the globe hates us. Yet again, it seems that americans want to put the interests of AMERICA below those that do NOT have our best interests at heart

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I think that some form of world government is inevitable, just not right now: we are not mature enough to handle it.

Some of us may still be alive when Earth may need to put up a united front against other 'world' governments.

I think that some form of world government is inevitable, just not right now: we are not mature enough to handle it.

Some of us may still be alive when Earth may need to put up a united front against other 'world' governments.

Yeah. 'Biz, just as I'm watching the 2005 re-make of "War of the Worlds". Also in December a re-make of the cult-classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still" premieres. I don't know how I sleep nights.

Reminds me of the timeline leading up to the United Federation of Planets in Star Trek mythology...sometime, maybe the 21st or 22nd century, Earth united into one single government for betterment of humanity and all....

As seen on Wikipedia,

"The United Earth (UE) is the Earth's world government in the "present" for all Star Trek series. It existed as early as 2067, unified all of Earth's nations by 2150, and still exists in the 24th century. The episodes "Demons" (ENT) and "Terra Prime" (ENT) established that the United Earth is a parliamentary system of government. In 2155, Nathan Samuels served as one of the ministers. "

(of course, all of this happened in the post-nuclear war horror of the aftermath of WW III, which takes place in 2053).

Edited by moltar