frogger

Mazda releases 2010 Mazda 3 Exterior Images

36 posts in this topic

Very, very cool update to one of my favorite small cars out there......

Really cool looking small car!

Agreed... this looks really good. Why does it seem like all the other small cars (minus the Astra, GTI and maybe the Civic coupe) look so "lacking in substance"/soul-less/hollow(?).

LOVE IT!

It looks like a mini-6. The front view has potential (gotta see real world shots). Like the 6, there are several things that rub me the wrong way.

I'm very excited to see the interior... I love Mazda's interiors.

i sat in a new mazda6 last week. its very good on the interior. if the 3 is 3/4 as good, it'll be close to class leading if its not.

Agreed... this looks really good. Why does it seem like all the other small cars (minus the Astra, GTI and maybe the Civic coupe) look so "lacking in substance"/soul-less/hollow(?).

You can note that all the cars you mentioned are either global cars, cars developed in Europe (where bigger does not mean better), or both. I think that, historically, the vast majority of small cars offered in the US market have been decontented just because of the 'bigger is better' mindset.

You can note that all the cars you mentioned are either global cars, cars developed in Europe (where bigger does not mean better), or both. I think that, historically, the vast majority of small cars offered in the US market have been decontented just because of the 'bigger is better' mindset.

I think the decontenting is more because in the US, historically, small cars are only accepted if they are very cheap in price. Beyond the Mini, there isn't much of a premium small car market here.

I generally find small entry lux sedans the best looking sedans, but this smaller package is up there. Almost an IS250'ish stance to this.

Nah, the G3 and Cruze will be far cheaper for Enterprise.

And Alamo and Avis will stick w/ the Cobalt.

man, headlights & taillights are getting very detailed/complicated. Very cool, though I'd hate to see the replacement cost on one after an accident.

mazda 6 is 60% fleet sales- 3 will undoubtedly follow that practice in this depressed auto market.

Avis & Budget by me are 100% toyota/nissan/infiniti (aside from big box trucks, of course), - no Cobalts or G3s.

Mazda is on a roll!

mazda 6 is 60% fleet sales- 3 will undoubtedly follow that practice in this depressed auto market.

Avis & Budget by me are 100% toyota/nissan/infiniti (aside from big box trucks, of course), - no Cobalts or G3s.

All lame ducks are heavily fleeted. That generation of Mazda6 had been around since 2003, making it the oldest midsize sedan available.

The current 3 is at 15% fleet; the Cobalt is at 39%.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead