Sign in to follow this  
Satty

American Family Association ends McDonalds boycott

You have NO idea how messed up my family is! LOL

Now... this is better... this is funny as hell (because it's so sad)... 4 days before my surgery in April, I had to go to a cardiologist for an EKG. It was my first one ever, and I told my mother it was so cool, I joked that the doctor would tell me I was pregnant (because of the guy that said he was pregnant just around that time), because it's a sonogram of the heart, and my mother said, "Well, one day when you and your wife are looking at your own baby inside her womb, you'll be even more amazed."

I was completely speechless. Here is a woman I told I was gay 8 YEARS EARLIER, referring to me like I was her straight son going to do the wife and kid thing. Talk about the ultimate denial. After the surgery it came back up, and she confessed that she only said that because she knows through prayer, I can "overcome this phase in my life".

Arg.

Your mom should see the movie Saved!

Your mom should see the movie Saved!

I'm not familiar with it.

I saw that in a small, local independent movie theater. It was pretty good.

Well, with a nick like "Single Stylish", I thought you were on our team long ago.:blink:

My screen name refers to a stylish single cab chevy I had when I went to college and joined this board. The SS I thought was pretty neat. Had nothing to do with lifestyle choice.

You can all think what you want which is what is great about this country but, there is no convincing me that the gay lifestyle is "okay." Like I have said several hundred times now, I don't think it should be legislated because that isn't the role of goverment. However, if you open your mouth in public it is open for discussion like it or not.

My screen name refers to a stylish single cab chevy I had when I went to college and joined this board. The SS I thought was pretty neat. Had nothing to do with lifestyle choice.

You can all think what you want which is what is great about this country but, there is no convincing me that the gay lifestyle is "okay." Like I have said several hundred times now, I don't think it should be legislated because that isn't the role of goverment. However, if you open your mouth in public it is open for discussion like it or not.

When you say "don't think it should be legislated", what do you mean by that?

I'm curious where you got the idea that you cannot be incorrect on this matter even when opposing evidence is shown?

Acknowledgment of fallibility is humbling, but it is also the first step in learning.

When you say "don't think it should be legislated", what do you mean by that?

I am assuming the idea of homosexual marriage is the legislation being discussed. As I stated before, I don't think homosexual marriage should be legalized...nor should heterosexual marriage. They should be BOTH legalized as "civil unions" legal term and churches should take care of "marriage" as a religious union. If a church agrees that two men (or two women) should marry, then more power to them. If a church decides not to allow that, it's their right to believe in that. But the separation of church and state, as I see it, should exist with this point.

A gay couple should be allowed to have a civil union just like any straight couple, allowing both partners to the same rights of insurance, inheretance, etc.

You can all think what you want which is what is great about this country but, there is no convincing me that the gay lifestyle is "okay."

You haven't learned anything from the people here on this thread.....have you?

I don't particularly care what your opinions are of gay people....but at least you can take away some knowledge from this thread......but you haven't really learned anything because you are still referring to homosexuality as a "lifestyle" when that's so incorrect, it's not even funny.

No one on here is trying to convince you to like gay people.....but your seemingly close-mindedness about the realities of homosexuality is a prime example of what torques so many (gay) people off these days.....

My god....just look at Paulie's recent posts about how his family....his own family.....treats him.....

My god....just look at Paulie's recent posts about how his family....his own family.....treats him.....

You know what bugs me the most ? That my friends' parents are always so inviting to me and tell me to bring anyone I'm seeing to whatever family occasions they have. Yet my own parents, well, let's just say I was asked to not tell anyone of "my problem".

A serious question for anyone who thinks homosexuality needs to be "cured." First, for the sake of this question, accept the premise that homosexuality is not a "lifestyle choice" but a born trait, like eye color or Down Syndrome. Now, assume science is able to isolate the "homosexual" chromosome. Should parents be required (or encouraged) to have their unborn children genetically modified? Or aborted? Would more abortions be better than more homosexuals?

Frankly homophobia is an atrocious personality trait and if that could be isolated and modified/eliminated, I'd be all for it. A world with prejudice is a silly, stupid world.

Frankly homophobia is an atrocious personality trait and if that could be isolated and modified/eliminated, I'd be all for it. A world with prejudice is a silly, stupid world.

+1

There is no quality more disgusting and foul than that of applied bigotry.

Frankly homophobia is an atrocious personality trait and if that could be isolated and modified/eliminated, I'd be all for it.

Do I hear you working on a new flavor of Tang?

Do I hear you working on a new flavor of Tang?

Testing the new flavor now :alcoholic:

Truth be, I really find it great that so many people here are comfortable with the Mo's. It's nice to be myself... I can't exactly do it at work. Can't do it at home. At least I have my friends and online friends. :AH-HA_wink:

Our new slogan:

Cheers and Gears: One big, gay, lovefest

Our new slogan:

Cheers and Gears: One big, gay, lovefest

:lol:

Reminds me of a couple years back when Fly remarked that the lounge was turning into a gay dating site, and a lot of the guys were hitting on mute.

I keep hoping two of our members end up posting new pics :AH-HA_wink:

Reminds me of a couple years back when Fly remarked that the lounge was turning into a gay dating site, and a lot of the guys were hitting on mute.

Well, I tried to put some subtle moves on you that weekend we did the car show, but you didn't seem to respond positively to my advances.....what a coup' that would have been.....convertin' the Croc!

(just kidding......I wasn't puttin' any moves on you....)

Well, I tried to put some subtle moves on you that weekend we did the car show, but you didn't seem to respond positively to my advances.....what a coup' that would have been.....convertin' the Croc!

(just kidding......I wasn't puttin' any moves on you....)

Yeah, I was gonna say...I mean you wouldn't be the first gay man to hit on me, but no dice.

Who? Who?

Haha, Nick and Intrigued. :AH-HA_wink: :thumbsup:

Shirtless pics preferred.......

:D

Guys? Guys?

Yeah, there are some guys on this site that should get their own pinned topic :AH-HA_wink:

What's sad is, my students asked to see a picture of me from the year they were born (1995 (I was 18)). They couldn't believe it was me. One of the teachers said, "Oh my God, you were hot!"

Too bad I didn't know it back then! LOL

Yeah, there are some guys on this site that should get their own pinned topic :AH-HA_wink:

What's sad is, my students asked to see a picture of me from the year they were born (1995 (I was 18)). They couldn't believe it was me. One of the teachers said, "Oh my God, you were hot!"

Too bad I didn't know it back then! LOL

The teacher said "OMG, you were hot"....??

How RUDE!

I think you're a cutie Paulie!