Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedriver

we need the big chevy

14 posts in this topic

I'd rather wait for a proper RWD based Impala/Caprice than something based off the Lucerne that's only a few inches bigger than the Impala with the same basic interior design. Not a bad chop, I just don't like the idea.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather wait for a proper RWD based Impala/Caprice than something based off the Lucerne that's only a few inches bigger than the Impala with the same basic interior design.

Not a bad chop, I just don't like the idea.


*nods*

I agree with Northstar here.

I _do_ like the chop, just doesn't work as a Chevy, imho.

BTW, along with the reversed Chevrolet bowtie, I noticed that in the frontal view, the famed Buick "portals" are gone, but in the rear view (with the taillights which look good, imho) shows the "portals" as being still on the car...he he he.


Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I'm sick & tired of being politically correct" ... John Mellencamp ... 'Peaceful World'
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ok, ok concerns addressed ^_^
Posted Image
any other suggestions?
this is the last in my series of lucerne chops. overall i think this is the most successful, but i liked the saturn one too. i was least happy with the bonneville, but i was at a loss how to add "pontiac" to the car. i even have an oldsmobile one half done, but i cannot for the life of me get a grille to sit like i want. the rear isn't too bad tho. .
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I love the idea of three taillight elements per side for the biggest Chevy and hope to be wowed by a Bel Air sedan concept after the first of the year.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather wait for a proper RWD based Impala/Caprice than something based off the Lucerne that's only a few inches bigger than the Impala with the same basic interior design.

[post="37475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]


I agree. A G body Chevrolet is unnecessary. GM's plans for redesigning its large sedans 5 or 6 years from now will be a really interesting issue. We probably won't know the answer for several more years. I think there's a 55 percent chance of Sigma-lite, 35 percent chance of LWB Epsilon, and a 10 percent of a Lambda based sedan.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Concept: A+ Execution: C+ Big Chevy needs to be RWD. I know BOF is not likely but if it's built like my "unibody" '83 Volvo then ROCK ON. :)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*slaps you* A g-body Saturn, Pontiac and now Chevy? Yet all you did was change the grill and tail lights. Have we not learned from GM's mistakes in the 80s? You don't just take the same car, slap a different gril, taillights and badge on it and call it a day.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think the rear is 100% SPOT ON for the next big chevy. Perfect. The front is a little "smiley" for my tastes; I like my big chevys to be a bit more menacing. But good food for thought anyway. And of course, I would be remiss if I didn't cry "COUPE OPTION PLEASE". LOL!
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I see nothing wrong with the rear except the backward Chevy symbol (or does that serve as an allusion or metaphor?). As for the face, I'm with the Lord. Of Stafford.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0