Why must women be matchmakers?

I have a couple of meetings/classes/hobbies I go to in the evenings in my spare time after work.

This lady runs one of them. She's pretty cool. However, she just called me to tell me about this chick she wants to invite to the next one and part of the thing is that she would like this chick to meet me. Un-f*cking-believable.

It's too late. I'm sure this chick will come to the next meeting. This is MY time to unwind and I don't go to "mind expanding" events to meet people, other than on a platonic level. This changes the complexion of this event for me.

Have you guys experienced this? This ridiculous need to matchmake. Not only that, what I have found every time is that a woman always tries to help out another woman rather than process this from what might be on YOUR "check-list."

It's a "boundary" problem. Do you agree?

I really don't think it's terrible... if you don't want to meet someone, say sorry, but no thank you.

None of my friends know any other gay people, so I never get set up. It would be nice to meet someone through a friend.

It would be nice to meet someone through a friend.

....but in an unplanned/no ulterior motive kind of way.

I didn't even have a CHANCE to say no. She just called me up and told me about someone coming to the next meeting....it's wasn't cool.

....but in an unplanned/no ulterior motive kind of way.

I didn't even have a CHANCE to say no. She just called me up and told me about someone coming to the next meeting....it's wasn't cool.

Oh, in that case, no. I wouldn't want to be "forced".

The only times I've been set up was before I was out. My friend always had the hottest women, so he'd occasionally introduce me to whomever he wasn't dating. It was extremely awkward because part of me wanted to force myself to hang out with the girl simply as a cover up.

Well, the ball's in your court, assuming your matchmaking friend doesn't try to orchestrate the entire meeting. Women are pretty good at picking up signals whether or not someone likes them. If you're not interested, she'll pick up on it and it won't go any further. There's nothing stopping you from being casual acquaintances, though.

i used to be a bit of a matchmaker. Nowawadays i associate with lots of mid-late twenties single women who all seem to at one time be begging for me to clue them in on that perfect single guy they fantasize about. and then ultimately i get screwed because i either can't fix them up, the ones i find they end up hating, or they project all their anti male angst on me. No lie. Women find some way to hate on the men. Stay away.

women are complex, psychotic all of that. you must beware.

Edited by regfootball

There's nothing stopping you from being casual acquaintances, though.

Oh, yeah, z, I know...but I just wanted to be able to go to my club function without knowing that someone was brought into the mix to meet me. As the club president, she should NOT have done that.

Oh, yeah, z, I know...but I just wanted to be able to go to my club function without knowing that someone was brought into the mix to meet me. As the club president, she should NOT have done that.

Invite her to join C&G, show her my new personal pic, your problem is solved. :AH-HA_wink:

Edit - Bob, that pic was taken in Italy.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Invite her to join C&G, show her my new personal pic, your problem is solved. :AH-HA_wink:

Edit - Bob, that pic was taken in Italy.

Oh brother, what happened to your "leg shot?"

Tu sei matto! :spin:

Ser verruckt! :spin:

You're crazy! :spin:

*nods*

Yeah, I agree. That seems a bit...weird...especially if the other lady is EXPECTING to meet you for that particular reason ... and not necessarily WANT to be at that function.

*shrugs*

Best you can do now, I think, is just to see how it goes...and go from there.

I've never had anyone try to match me with anyone. Not sure what that says...heh.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Your friends have shown a kink in the single life" ... The Raconteurs ... 'Steady As She Goes'

Roberto, how do you know this chick isn't sitting on millions in investments? You might not have to even spend $2 of your own money on her... heck, maybe she'll put you in leather gear and strap you down in a Sicilian basement somewhere and use you for her sex slave... make you beg for Starbucks in exchange for fulfilling her naughty needs. Don't be like me when it comes to relationships, keep your mind open, man. Look out through the Ventiport of Life!

Roberto, how do you know this chick isn't sitting on millions in investments? You might not have to even spend $2 of your own money on her... heck, maybe she'll put you in leather gear and strap you down in a Sicilian basement somewhere and use you for her sex slave... make you beg for Starbucks in exchange for fulfilling her naughty needs.

The receptionist? Past tense, she quit and moved on ... Well, on Fridays we got to wear casual clothes to the office. And, compared to me in 34" waist jeans, her ass, in her jeans, was 2.5x my width. She shouldn't have been allowed to wear jeans! She had a reasonably pretty face and a great voice, that's why she was our receptionist. Plus, we had both gone to Catholic school and she wanted to move (either SEA or ATL), so we talked about that, and we both liked to complain about people that irritated us. And, yes, she did have money. She inherited quite a bit. However, with the size of her caboose, unless it was during the lunch hour or during office hours, I didn't want to socialize with her and that dinner was a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG 2.5 hours.

About this other one that is supposed to show up at the next meeting? I haven't seen her. Her friend should have just invited her without telling me. The club is open to all.

in a Sicilian basement somewhere

:rotflmao: I swear, sometimes you're a certified nut!

What is a "Sicilian" basement? I live on the West Coast.

A "Sicilian" basement?

Edited by trinacriabob

Something like this happened to me when I was in 10th grade.

It was during marching band season, and a friend of mine on the color guard (flag team) told me that she had found someone to hook me up with. Me not having a GF, I was like "sure, we'll see."

The following week she said she had called off her endeavor. Also, I found out who the girl was that she was trying to hook me up with.

It was my cousin.

Roberto, how do you know this chick isn't sitting on millions in investments? You might not have to even spend $2 of your own money on her... heck, maybe she'll put you in leather gear and strap you down in a Sicilian basement somewhere and use you for her sex slave... make you beg for Starbucks in exchange for fulfilling her naughty needs. Don't be like me when it comes to relationships, keep your mind open, man. Look out through the Ventiport of Life!

BEST POST EVAH

Something like this happened to me when I was in 10th grade.

It was during marching band season, and a friend of mine on the color guard (flag team) told me that she had found someone to hook me up with. Me not having a GF, I was like "sure, we'll see."

The following week she said she had called off her endeavor. Also, I found out who the girl was that she was trying to hook me up with.

It was my cousin.

well, that's fewer places to need to go to on thanksgiving and christmas

BEST POST EVAH

UPDATE: More unbelievable stuff.

This morning I checked one of my e-mail accounts. The club president had e-mailed me the link to this lady's personal web page, asking me "what do you think?" What I thought is that this lady needs a doctor or a partner in a silk-stocking law firm. Oh - my - God. I wrote her back (the club president, not the lady) and told her "you know, a little TOO sophisticated for my minimalist taste."

THE BOTTOM LINE: she also lost a regular and valuable club member by not minding her 'effin business. I won't be going anymore.

Not for nothing, but

I know, I know, but it wouldn't be cool...

Just think "high maintenance" and "more concerned about how her nails look during sex"

...I think this is enough to supply a visual