some newer pics of my baby

Nice G5, Mo. What lowering kit did you install in the car? (I see the Eibach sticker) How did it affect the ride? You can check my '09 Cobalt down further in this section under "thinking green". I am planning on eventually lowering it a bit, attaching some 16" rims and tinting the windows. Edited by ocnblu

these were the eibach sportlines and its made it such a tight well handling car....very very different than stock...however the suspension between our cars is different and ive heard that there are issues with strut wear on the LS/LT cobalts and base g5's...if u havent already you can do some research over on cobaltss.net and there should be some answers there

Yes, Chevy calls it Silver Moss, Pontiac/GMC calls it Silver Green. Daggone after reading all the stuff on Cobaltss about suspension I think I'll just leave it at stock height for now, I want to see how it will look with the 16" rims first. My problem is only with too much daylight in the wheelwells, I don't want to give up any of my factory smooth ride, nor do I want problems down the road that won't be warrantable through GM.

Nice Pontiac. (even if it is modern and FWD) :)

camino and 68 thanks a lot i really appreciate that...

im planning on powdercoating the stock rims black, tinting out all the lights and removing the rear spoiler next spring

ocnblue - you wont get the look you want with 16's if youre going to keep it at stock height then 18's are the way to go

camino and 68 thanks a lot i really appreciate that...

im planning on powdercoating the stock rims black, tinting out all the lights and removing the rear spoiler next spring

ocnblue - you wont get the look you want with 16's if youre going to keep it at stock height then 18's are the way to go

:scratchchin:

I wonder if a black-tinted clear would make those rims look like the "black chrome" finish BMW has used on some "M" wheels...

I think that would look incredible.

As for the spoiler, just like the GTO before it, this car will look better with it deleted.

Post some updated pics when you do the mods.

:scratchchin:

I wonder if a black-tinted clear would make those rims look like the "black chrome" finish BMW has used on some "M" wheels...

I think that would look incredible.

As for the spoiler, just like the GTO before it, this car will look better with it deleted.

Post some updated pics when you do the mods.

thought about doing the black chrome look but i think it will look better with a gloss black powdercoat...it will match the window tints and the tinted lights better

and i def think it will look a lot better without the spoiler...it seems so unnecessary to me

Come on 68, let out the hate, you know you want too. :rotflmao:

Mo, from one Pontiac FWD owner to another, nice car man.

thanks a lot...IMO this was the best bang for the buck i could get (im a little biased tho cuz i work for a pontiac/gmc dealership)

Oh, what department? I've worked at the parts counter, as a service advisor, nightshift service manager, bodyshop estimator and bodyshop manager. At GM for 13.5 years between 2 dealerships, now at Lincoln-Mercury as a bodyshop estimator for the last 2+ years.

Shock / strut wear? Check....

Not sure whether to blame this on the Cobalt or just the roughness of Ontario roads in the past 2 years - but I've had to replace shocks and a control arm mount already.

On the other hand I've still got the original brake pads, which have yet to hit the screech strip at 122,000 km.

Oh, what department? I've worked at the parts counter, as a service advisor, nightshift service manager, bodyshop estimator and bodyshop manager. At GM for 13.5 years between 2 dealerships, now at Lincoln-Mercury as a bodyshop estimator for the last 2+ years.

ive been a lot boy, body shop assistant, sales pro and right now im the assistant manager on the sales floor

Shock / strut wear? Check....

Not sure whether to blame this on the Cobalt or just the roughness of Ontario roads in the past 2 years - but I've had to replace shocks and a control arm mount already.

On the other hand I've still got the original brake pads, which have yet to hit the screech strip at 122,000 km.

i think it has to do with the LS/LT 2.2 Cobalts....2.4's and 2.0's have a different suspension that holds up better....mine seem to be holding up very well so far...i have no idea how u still have the original pads i had to do all new brakes/rotors at about 30k miles cuz GM's $h! rotors kept warping and the pads were extremely dusty....my front wheels used to get black after 2 or 3 days

Edited by MikeyMo84

Have you seen that RKSport Ram Air hood for G5s? The white looks great on your car. With the spoiler shaved, the Ram Air hood installed, and some traditional Trans Am blue stripes, you could have a wicked baby Trans Am that pays homage to the Firebirds of the early 70's. That would rock, imo. I was actually thinking of doing that myself a while back.

how can you not get comfortable in it??

I feel too claustrophobic and tight when I'm in the G5 (I've sat in several over the years), and it's the same with the Cobalt (coupe or sedan), when Saturn offered the ION, and even in the HHR (which I had for three days as a loaner). The Delta platform is not designed for people like me that like a more spacious and comfortable interior (trust me, the Epsilon platform is better, but not by much - my old '04 Malibu LT, my wife's '08 G6, and my '07 AURA are not great for me to be in more than an hour and a half - two hours long hauls). The same holds true with the GMT-355 pickups (Canyon/Colorado), which is one of the reasons why a Canyon is not on my list for next year's purchase (my AURA lease expires Nov '09).

The Lucerne (I'd only want the CXS, which I can't afford!) and the G8 are perfect sizes for me in the car offerings and while I like the Impala, it's kind of a boring car IMO; however, I really want a full-size truck or SUV but for now they are on the backburner due to my financial situation. If the Epsilon II cars are wider with some additional length, then I'd consider an Epsilon again.

Which is not to say that I don't love the G5 GT at all... I just wish I would be more comfortable in it as I like it's styling (I tried showing it to my wife back in February & April at car shows, but since it's two-door only, she wouldn't even look <we have two sons - one's 14 years old and the other is 3 years old>). Of course there were none on the lot when she test-drove (and bought) a G6 in June; day of delivery however there's one being delivered and she says to me, "Why didn't you show me that car?" :rolleyes:

Believe me, I find this picture very attractive:

2007pontiacg52.jpg

Now if GM could have offered this too, then maybe my wife would be driving a G5 Sedan instead of a G6 Sedan:

pontiac_g5_pursuit.jpg

Nice G5 there..... 8)

It's funny you say that about the 2.2 LS/LT shocks and struts....mine feel pretty weak to me...

I was thinking about upgrading to KYBs, though I really don't want to spend a truckload, since the Balt is my beater....

If I change them not too far down the road, maybe I'll find a nice deal on a set.....

Nice G5 there..... 8)

It's funny you say that about the 2.2 LS/LT shocks and struts....mine feel pretty weak to me...

I was thinking about upgrading to KYBs, though I really don't want to spend a truckload, since the Balt is my beater....

If I change them not too far down the road, maybe I'll find a nice deal on a set.....

well if ur gonna do both ur prob best off getting a set of coil overs

Why?

(just curious)

honestly im not sure lol thats just what ive been hearing over at CSS.net...check it out over there again if u wanna find out

Great looking G5 is that a stick? I hope so I love the G5 GT's shame they don't do a GXP with a turbo!

of course its a stick and yeah it sucks....i saw a gxp concept on one of the photochop competitions here a while back that was absolute sex (black one)

Ah, I understand......

I'm planning to keep the Balt pretty much stock, though I would like up upgrade a little bit....

I'm planning to to the same with the Wife's Cav.....

Though CSS.net is a pretty good source of info......

it can be...but theres been a surge of drama and bull&#036;h&#33; over there lately thats caused me to be on there less and less

honestly im not sure lol thats just what ive been hearing over at CSS.net...check it out over there again if u wanna find out

of course its a stick and yeah it sucks....i saw a gxp concept on one of the photochop competitions here a while back that was absolute sex (black one)

Glad there is another owner of a 2007 Pontiac like me. :AH-HA_wink: Also that car is prolly pretty quick with the 2.4L VVT and the five speed and I love them in white as well. That is my color, long story on how my Impala, SLE and Torrent ended up not being white. I had a white 92 Sedan Deville and 90 GP tho. :smilewide:

Glad there is another owner of a 2007 Pontiac like me. :AH-HA_wink: Also that car is prolly pretty quick with the 2.4L VVT and the five speed and I love them in white as well. That is my color, long story on how my Impala, SLE and Torrent ended up not being white. I had a white 92 Sedan Deville and 90 GP tho. :smilewide:

its definitely very peppy esp now that i put the gm performance intake on it it sounds very aggressive too but not overly ricey...it also handles GREAT now with the upgraded tires (cooper zeon sports soon to be dunlop sport signatures) and the eibach lowering springs....amazingly i can outrun any of the new civic si's that are close to stock even with the 20hp disadvantage...i absolutely love the white and i still get many many compliments on it all the time....i just need to finish some of the exterior stuff like the tinted lights, the black wheels a full compound and detail then it should be perfect

I would never touch those wheels the factory ones are sweet, now as for a powered coated verison of them I am all for it. I know the 2.4's have good kick down-low I know a guy with a 2006 Cobalt SS 2.4.

thats what im doing lol i love them and theyre just perfect for the car but i wanna get a whole white/black theme going with just a touch of red