Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Backyard Bar B Q Chevy

9 posts in this topic

impalastreetracer4uy7.jpg

^^^ Whats cooking at the Backyard Bar B Q Rod shop ?

An 06 Impala converted to RWD with a LS-7 dropped in, cutaway hood, a few intakes & vents, and fixin the dents, scratches to paint it after the dirty deed is done here !!!

:camarosmile:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Sorry, but... W-Body Impalas are not meant to be restored. If anything happens to them they should be heading to the scrapyard.

Sorry, but... W-Body Impalas are not meant to be restored. If anything happens to them they should be heading to the scrapyard.

:(

I guess the joke will be on me I plan to keep mine in Factory condition as long as possible.

I am doing so with my Bonneville or my son. It will be kept until she is a classic and beyond since I can't afford to buy a classic car now. Although I have wondered about a LS4 conversion or an NHP N* in her... Oh and it could get repainted white-gold... Some day it might get (if it stays a L36) SLP headers, and Borla mufflers, factory chromed tips, performance brakes, an intake, a PCM for Intense and some shocks/springs, amoung other goodies. That is if I ever have money maybe I'll do the headers, and Borla mufflers and intake and PCM and call it quits... That'll never happen. That is a sweet photoshop give it 5 lug rims not 4 luggers. And Von you keep that nice Chevrolet as long as you can it is a great car, I would love to see LTZ 18's on it and tinted windows tho. I could tint my windows hmmmm... ^_^

Edited by gm4life

Haha!

Thats pretty cool! :convertible:

I like the grill treatment!

And Von you keep that nice Chevrolet as long as you can it is a great car, I would love to see LTZ 18's on it and tinted windows tho. I could tint my windows hmmmm... ^_^

I'm not tinting the windows but I want to

1) Change out the climate control for a Dual-Zone Unit

2) Get a new front bumper that has the ports for the factory foglights so I can install and wire up the factory foglights.

3) Install the GM CD/MP3 Stereo with the USB port should said stereo be made available on the Impala and give that it wouldn't mess up the factory XM radio that's already in there.

4) Wheels- well the 18s are all well and good but they look a little big for the Impala for some reason... also look at the face of the wheel, there's like no surface area, just a few thin spokes... looks almost naked really. I don't really like 'em. The wheels I do want to put on are the factory Machine-Faced 17s from the LT.

So in the end it would look like this

8393732662.250063316.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.

which is better I think than with the 18s which would make it look like this

8409509697.245832111.IM1.02.565x421_A.56

which is better I think than with the 18s which would make it look like this

8409509697.245832111.IM1.02.565x421_A.56

I love those 18s, so I disagree with you.

Interesting... those look like Nascar cartoon headlight decals rather than real headlights

Interesting... those look like Nascar cartoon headlight decals rather than real headlights

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Chris :convertible:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0