Show off your tattoos!!

MikeyMo84

inevitably every forum has a thread like this...i searched and couldnt find one on here so im gonna break the ice...

heres mine got it st patricks day of this year...eventually i hope to add onto it with a gaelic phrase meaning "the hand that gives is the hand that gets" around it in a circle

n1564080780_1252245_3830.jpg

eventually i may go with something like this

n1564080780_1393766_8862.jpg

Edited by MikeyMo84

If I ever get a tattoo... the idea is growing on me by the day, it will

almost certainly be something related to the 452 cubic inch V16

Cadillacs of the early 1930s.

And then eventually my kids' names.

Since I am at work, I can't post a pic of my tattoo, but simply put, it's a human heart done-up into a puzzle. One piece of the heart is removed and off to the side. The bottom has a date of 01/10/2007 (January 10th, 2007 not October 1st)

It's to symbolize the day my father passed away.

I designed it and drew it up. The Tattoo artist shaded the heart and made it look realistic. I'll see if I can take a pic and post it tomorrow for you guys.

When my finances look better, I'm going to be getting another one on the opposite arm that has a celtic cross, with a banner draped over the sides of it crossing the front. It'll have my son's name in script going across the banner along the front of the cross.

Eventually when I have a second child, I'll add another banner possibly draped BELOW the cross with the second child's name.

If I ever get a tattoo... the idea is growing on me by the day

Since you haven't, please don't. Besides, think about how much baby food and baby toys you can buy with what you would pay for that "art," if that's what you want to call it. :lol:

Not only that, it brands you as belonging to an era. When you're older and you're at the beach or at the gym, people will look and say "oh, look at that (insert name of generation/decade)." The same is true of every decade's fads. No one would be caught dead in disco clothes (70s) or leg-warmers (80s). At least, people can discard those because they are not affixed to you.

Edited by trinacriabob

So your a meat-and-potatoes kinda guy then?

im irish...need i say more??

Since you haven't, please don't. Besides, think about how much baby food and baby toys you can buy with what you would pay for that "art," if that's what you want to call it. :lol:

Not only that, it brands you as belonging to an era. When you're older and you're at the beach or at the gym, people will look and say "oh, look at that (insert name of generation/decade)." The same is true of every decade's fads. No one would be caught dead in disco clothes (70s) or leg-warmers (80s). At least, people can discard those because they are not affixed to you.

chosen appropriately a tattoo can be timeless...take mine for instance a shamrock symoblizing my irish heritage reminding me that my ancestors came here with nothing but the clothes on their backs and worked their hearts out to make my family what it is today...i think its something to be proud of

im irish...need i say more??

Diddly-dee, potatoes

chosen appropriately a tattoo can be timeless...take mine for instance a shamrock symoblizing my irish heritage reminding me that my ancestors came here with nothing but the clothes on their backs and worked their hearts out to make my family what it is today...i think its something to be proud of

Agreed...I mean it's not like we're getting tattoos of things that are fads nowadays like tribal symbols and such, we're getting designs that mean something. Not just now, but always.

Edited by saturnd00d

...take mine for instance a shamrock symoblizing my irish heritage reminding me that my ancestors came here with nothing but the clothes on their backs and worked their hearts out to make my family what it is today...i think its something to be proud of

That's cool. If that's want you want. The only "accessory" I have is my watch...

I assumed you were Italian...from the photo and from the general area you live in (we lived in Teaneck NJ for a brief time).

I dont have any tattoos, I'm not opposed, I just haven't thought up anything I'd want. A few years ago, a friend of mine called me and told me that he, his wife, his brother and his brother's wife were all getting tattoos. They were all getting the same one, a Mustang (all four of them owned at least one 'Stang at the time) and said I needed to join them. I said they were all tools. I did once threaten to get a tribal tat around my wang.

That's cool. If that's want you want. The only "accessory" I have is my watch...

I assumed you were Italian...from the photo and from the general area you live in (we lived in Teaneck NJ for a brief time).

im actually irish/italian with a lil bit of a few other countries mixed in for variety lol so ur guess wasnt far off...im just most in touch with the irish part

hardly anyones posted any actual pics of their own tats so far....whats wit that??

One arm will have one of these two on it:

hfl311.jpg

Metallica_Star_Out_Line-259x267.jpg

And the other arm will have a phoenix that I've drawn that incorporates the GM logo and all of GM's prominent North American divisions.

The problem is getting the money to do it.

wow thats really GM For Life lol

wow thats really GM For Life lol

That's one reason why I haven't done it yet.

I'm not sure if the tats will still have relevance in, say, 50 years.

My two (materialistic) loves in life are cars and heavy metal. To me, GM and MetallicA represent the pinnacle of both, so naturally they mean a lot to me and I don't think that'll ever change.

The MetallicA star is a natural. Without their philosophy and music, (and the philosophy of metal in general) it's quite possible that I might've given up and self destructed during the dark times in my life. That philosophy to me means that despite how many times you get punched in the face, (I mean that in more than a literal sense) you still get right back up and fight and it's unacceptable to NOT do that until you're dead.

I thought up the phoenix idea back a couple of years ago when GM ACTUALLY looked like it was going to turn itself around. The phoenix was supposed to have a double meaning. One was to symbolize the virtual death and re-birth of the greatest automaker in the world and 2 was to symbolize the re-birth of me, which relates to a series of life events.

Now I'm re-thinking the GM part though.... But I've always loved the phoenix and what it represents. To me it symbolizes the will to continue fighting and the will to survive, even if you have to damn near kill yourself to do it, because you're always re-born stronger and better than you were before.

(I know that might make me sound a little weird, but oh well)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

• 7 months later...