Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Chop Request - Lucerne to Caprice

12 posts in this topic

When I look at the Buick Lucerne nowadays, I see a car that fits, stylingwise, much better into the Chevrolet lineup than Buick's. The front end reminds me of a giant Cobalt, especially the headlight shape and the ribbed lower bumper on the base Lucernes. The uplevel Lucerne lower bumper could be a larger Malibu stablemate, with the thin chrome molding and foglamp setup... even the outline shape of the grille could have easily housed a split Chevy grille. And the taillights? The same overall shape as the Buick, divided into 3 segments on each side... instant Chevrolet Caprice. The only thing really "Buick" about it is the grille texture and the Ventiports. Slap in a 3.9 V6 and 5.3 V8, and the deal is done.

I'd like to see a chopped, Chevyfied Lucerne as a production-ready Caprice, in front and rear-end views. It should be a seamless transition, is anyone game?

Edited by ocnblu

2010_Chevrolet_Caprice_LTZ_Mocha_Fr.jpg

Just a quick one front view. I am really sleepy but I did the best I could.

Edited by gm4life

Here are quickie chops I did when the Lucerne first came out. I actually did them for all carlines, except I never finished the Oldsmobile.

caprice.jpg

caprice2.jpg

BTW, they come with the 3.9 for 2009 already. :)

Cool, thanks so far. gm4, I like your front end, and driver, I like your rear end. MDM, I know you love to go off into custom land, I was looking for something production-ready, but thanks. Anyone else?

:AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room