• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
ocnblu

Chop Request - Lucerne to Caprice

When I look at the Buick Lucerne nowadays, I see a car that fits, stylingwise, much better into the Chevrolet lineup than Buick's. The front end reminds me of a giant Cobalt, especially the headlight shape and the ribbed lower bumper on the base Lucernes. The uplevel Lucerne lower bumper could be a larger Malibu stablemate, with the thin chrome molding and foglamp setup... even the outline shape of the grille could have easily housed a split Chevy grille. And the taillights? The same overall shape as the Buick, divided into 3 segments on each side... instant Chevrolet Caprice. The only thing really "Buick" about it is the grille texture and the Ventiports. Slap in a 3.9 V6 and 5.3 V8, and the deal is done.

I'd like to see a chopped, Chevyfied Lucerne as a production-ready Caprice, in front and rear-end views. It should be a seamless transition, is anyone game?

Edited by ocnblu

2010_Chevrolet_Caprice_LTZ_Mocha_Fr.jpg

Just a quick one front view. I am really sleepy but I did the best I could.

Edited by gm4life

Here are quickie chops I did when the Lucerne first came out. I actually did them for all carlines, except I never finished the Oldsmobile.

caprice.jpg

caprice2.jpg

BTW, they come with the 3.9 for 2009 already. :)

Cool, thanks so far. gm4, I like your front end, and driver, I like your rear end. MDM, I know you love to go off into custom land, I was looking for something production-ready, but thanks. Anyone else?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.