broranwreck1.jpg

broranwreck2.jpg

broranwreck3.jpg

broranwreck4.jpg

broranwreck5.jpg

broranwreck6.jpg

broranwreck7.jpg

broranwreck8.jpg

I'm not going to say too much, as I'm quite tired and stressed out, but as the title suggests, my brother wrecked his truck. Pretty badly, as the pictures show. Basically, Sunday morning, he was on his way to work and fell asleep at the wheel after having gotten little sleep the previous night. He whacked a steel sign that barely budged. The result of was him needing to be life-flighted to Pittsburgh. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, either, and as you see from the one interior pic, the steering wheel and windshield took his impact. Externally, he has a broken femur, which came through the skin; broken wrist, facial lacerations, broken nose, and random other cuts and bruises. Internally, he ruptured his spleen, bruised some other gland that I can't recall, and bruised his heart. No head injuries, thankfully. As of today, he went through his fourth and final surgery and was breathing on his own, not to mention talking. It's basically just recovery from here, as far as I know. He's expected to be in the hospital for atleast a week. I'll try to update you guys on how he's doing.

Oh Viper, that is horrible. That old rusty-framed Ranger just collapsed. I hope your brother makes a speedy and complete recovery so you can kick his ass for not wearing a seatbelt. Take care and let us know when he's able to come home.

BV sorry to hear about that. Seatbelt is the only reason why I am still typing here after my horrid crash. It is the best safety invention ever. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Edited by smallchevy

Thanks, guys.

Blu, we're most certainly going to kick his ass for not wearing one. He's lucky to be alive. He most likely got it from my parent's, who also fail to wear theirs. Either way, he's stubborn. Hopefully, this will teach him something (I tend to drive to my limits, but atleast I wear mine, not that it would make much of a difference in some cases.) He's doing good, though. He lost his wallet somewhere in all this chaos, as a downside. It had about $600 in it.

Edited by blackviper8891

Aye, BV ... very sorry.

Thoughts/prayers coming to your bro for a successful recovery ... and to you and the rest of your family....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate" ... Bee Gees ... 'Alone'

Wow, awful...

And weird for me, I know that EXACT spot and even that sign, having passed through there many times. If PA is good for anything, it's hilly, curvy roads, and big signs. Seems like a combo of those things made for a bit of a problem here.

Hope he gets better!

His girlfriend from Arkansas and her parent's supposedly came up tonight to see him. I'm surprised. :P

Anyways, he's still improving. Would have liked to driven down today, but I had to work. Perhaps tomorrow despite having to work as well.

Hey bud.....really sorry to hear about ur bro....that sucks.

Hopefully his good recovery will continue....I'll be thinkin' of you, him and your family!

Keep your chin up!

He's home now and doing pretty good. He's supposed to go for physical therapy daily and two nurses are supposedly coming to instruct us how to inject his $800 medication. Gotta love Lovenox. Walking isn't too big of a problem for him, though, he does have a crutch to help him around and Vicodin for any pain. The biggest issue is our two story house. He's pretty much stuck sleeping on a couch for now. Per his truck, it's going to the crusher to pay for the costs of towing and parking from it's current location.

He's home now and doing pretty good. He's supposed to go for physical therapy daily and two nurses are supposedly coming to instruct us how to inject his $800 medication. Gotta love Lovenox. Walking isn't too big of a problem for him, though, he does have a crutch to help him around and Vicodin for any pain. The biggest issue is our two story house. He's pretty much stuck sleeping on a couch for now. Per his truck, it's going to the crusher to pay for the costs of towing and parking from it's current location.

Glad he's doing better

Glad to know your bro his home, Cory.

If I may ask ... why does he have to take Lovenox? Or, did I miss something?

I had to take it a while ago ... it isn't too difficult to inject yourself.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Cory, how old is your brother? Is he older or younger than you?

He's 18.

Glad to know your bro his home, Cory.

If I may ask ... why does he have to take Lovenox? Or, did I miss something?

I had to take it a while ago ... it isn't too difficult to inject yourself.....

He has to take it to prevent blood clots since he won't be able to move around much, from what I've heard.

Prayers are with you and your family. Really glad to see he is going to be o.k.. He is going to be pretty sore after that one for quite some time.

As for the Ranger going to the crusher; it really doesn't look like there was much more you could do with it than that.

Kick his ass for me as well for not wearing his belt. Bet he does not make the same mistake again.

Did your parents start wearing seatbelts after all of this???

Wow. What stands out to me is the physical damage, your brother sure took a ton of damage, good thing to see he is getting better.

MY brother hit a concrete barrier at near 100 miles per hour when he was young, in a 1965 Pontiac Parisienne. His car was alot worse looking than your brother's truck, his dash was down on his floorboard, his roof was peaked like a teepee. His 2 door hardtop looked like a 3 door hardtop, one 1/4 panel was ripped open.

My brother had no seatbelt on, and he had a tiny little steering wheel that wrapped down around the steering column.

He came out of it with a NASTY compound fracture of his left arm and cuts and bruises.

Your brother had an airbag, and a much more padded interior, and I think he was probably going nowhere as fast, yet he sure was injured more.

He'll get better, my brother did.

Wow... wish him all the best.

If there's any solace in totalling that (1994?)

Ford Ranger it might be that is still has a

straighter frame, even post accident, than

many 2000 Toyota Tacomas that have never

been in an accident at all! :blink:

I personally think the Ranger architecture is

crap even comapred to the S10 that you

love to hate on (talkin to you BV) But in any

case the truck did okay protecting your bro.

Yes, his truck did not have an airbag. It's a 93, I believe. If it had one, he probably wouldn't have suffered as many injuries.

OR, more likely since he was not wearing his seatbelt, an

airbag might have killed him by breaking his neck. If he

HAD been wearing his seatbelt, he certainly would have

faired much better... at any rate sounds like he's been

through a lot of pain, if I was religious I'd pray for him.

OR, more likely since he was not wearing his seatbelt, an

airbag might have killed him by breaking his neck. If he

HAD been wearing his seatbelt, he certainly would have

faired much better... at any rate sounds like he's been

through a lot of pain, if I was religious I'd pray for him.

True, wearing a seat belt would have been his best choice in avoiding injuries. He just needs to overcome that typical stubbornness and start wearing it.

He has to take it to prevent blood clots since he won't be able to move around much, from what I've heard.

Ah, OK. That makes sense.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...on nephew watch

"You got to roll with the punches" ... Van Halen ... 'Jump'