ocnblu

2010 Fusion!

22 posts in this topic

CLICK!

Looks pretty good to me, and the Milan Hybrid is also posted over there today. Nice updates, imo!

This is some big news!

Fusion models equipped with the 2.5-liter I-4 engine are expected to deliver at least 3 mpg better on the highway than the Honda Accord and 2 mpg better than the Toyota Camry.

The improved 3.0-liter V-6 available on the 2010 Fusion delivers 19 more horsepower and 23 more lb.-ft. of torque for a total of 240 horsepower and 228 lb.-ft. of torque.

The award-winning Duratec 3.5-liter V-6 joins the Fusion lineup for 2010, powering the Sport model with a beefy 263 horsepower and 249 lb.-ft. of torque.

Competitive engines and best-in-class fuel economy for the four cylinder! Finally, Ford....finally!

Should be a good car. Personally I don't think the new front and rear ends match well with the rest of the car, but maybe consumers won't mind. They'll think it's a brand new car.

Fusion models equipped with the 2.5-liter I-4 engine are expected to deliver at least 3 mpg better on the highway than the Honda Accord and 2 mpg better than the Toyota Camry.

I don't get that, because the Accord and Camry four-cylinder have the same highway mpg.

First reaction: I want to love it because it's so damn aggressive looking,, but I'm not sure if I do because I'm not sure how well the new nose will fit with the over all package.

Kudos to Ford for making a killer product that much better!!! Hopefully they'll get the respect they deserve. (Although I'm sure they won't. The car is too good, so the media will find sh*t to grip about to dissuade consumers)

Uh, wow... I actually am very impressed!!

Looks pretty good!

A bit aggressive but that probably isn't a bad thing. The Milan looks too much like a Nissan. I really like the powertrain lineup, the 4 cylinder has the power to match the Altima, beats Camry or Malibu, and two V6 options is a good idea. Plus the Duratech 3.5 gets 20/28 mpg, which is pretty good compared to 17/26 mpg from GM's 3.6. I also like that there will be hybrid Milan/Fusions that get over 35 mpg.

Ford is focused now, their upcoming products look strong, and Mullally knows what he is doing.

This could be cool. I'd like to see the back, which IMO is the weakest part of the current car.

Argh, no! It was so sleek before! Why did they hack up the lovely, tall headlights?

So far so good. The restyling looks much better than the current version. The headlights and grille look much more integrated into the front end. Although this is just an update/restyling of the Fusion, the changes should help the car be more competitive in the mainstream midsize sedan segment.

Efficiency Leaves?

Yeah, talk about a massive driver distraction. I have a bad feeling some dumb people are going to be pushing up daisy leaves thanks to that gimmick.

Looks good...the lower fascia looks a lot like some of the current European Fords, the grille ties in with the Taurus... I wonder if the '10 Taurus face will be similar.

the I4 is standard with 6sped manual - 6speed automatic is optional

keep in mind this is JUST A FACELIFT - albeit a major one. The interior is all new, the nose and tail are significantly different, and all the engined are new. However, it is still the Gen1 Fusion - so doors, glass and roof as well as hard points of the interior etc are all carryover. It is still the CD3 platform.

just a remined - because the profile still looks like the old one .. and I do not want people bitching that Ford is short changing a "new generation" - this is not a new generation - just a facelift. New generation is going online in 2012 as 2013 model - and it will be a global car with the EU Mondeo.

Igor

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room