Turkey! Cranberries! Firebird Formula 400!

ocnblu

This weekend, saw a '73 Century coupe today, black, Buick mags, very clean...haven't seen one of those in forever.... saw a couple CTSes--a black one and a dark blue one (hadn't seen that color before). Saw a silver G8.

Also, there is a very clean gold '70 Impala or Caprice 4dr ht for sale at the Circle K a couple blocks away, been parked out there during the day for a few days now.,

Saw a very original looking faded bronze 1974ish Pontiac LeMans two-door being driven by an old lady, probably the original owner. Also saw a 1947 Ford coupe, very tastefully rodded.

Today was also a banner day for old, obscure crappy economy cars: saw an ancient (1982, maybe?) Honda Accord four door, a mid 80's Isuzu I-Mark, and, believe it or not, a f@#king Yugo. Registered, on the road, and moving under its own power. May God have mercy on its owner and make a tree fall on it or something.

I just saw a VW Fox coupe, I had forgotten that they ever existed.

Because I saw it, I also remembered the VW Dasher.

I haven't thought of either one for decades.

I haven't see a Fox 2dr in years...back around 2000 a sys admin I worked with drove a red one that was completely faded, flat no shine. I saw a silver VW Pointer hatchback today, w/ Sonora plates.

Saw a nice '68 Ford Galaxie 500 and a flawless black '66 GTO on my way to work this morning

Saw a nice white 66 Ford Falaxie 500 two door hardtop (Wimbledon white, NICE shape) in Tennessee driving down to see my parents in North Carolina.

Chris

I just saw a VW Fox coupe, I had forgotten that they ever existed.

Because I saw it, I also remembered the VW Dasher.

I haven't thought of either one for decades.

Hijack/rant

I love some VW's, but let's hope it's decades before you have to remember these two cars again.

The more I study or get to know other carmakers, the more I like GM. I kept seeing Volkswagen Cabriolet Ragtops in the local pick-n-pull. Asked the guys in the VW club why so many nice Cabrolet's were being scraped. The answer-Volkswagen can't build an autotrajic tranny to save itself, and the rebuild is very costly, so people scrap the cars.

GM, of course, has been building world class automatics for decades. I think I've come to the conclusion that, as aratio of cars sold, GM has far fewer skeletons in its closet than any other carmaker.

End of hijack/rant. :neenerneener:

Chris

We need to invent a time machine and bring back the Pontiacs of the 1960's. Some of the coolest cars ever built. I always loved the Dashboards in 60's Pontiac. To me, they just screamed "class" for some reason.

Bring me a 1964 GTO, please.

I saw two Edsels on the road, of all things, on a crappy, rainy day in Kentucky. Both two tone, both two doors.

Also saw a second gen, late 70's Camaro Z-28 on the road, bright yellow and seemed to be factory paint and a regular car still in service. It's really rare anymore to see a second gen Camaro...around here, they seem to ahve even disappeared from car shows.

Chris

Went for some Chinese takeout at about 5:30, almost dark. Saw what I think was a maroon '71-72 Grand Prix, whitewalls, Pontiac mags. Just saw it quickly go by through an intersection...drool...one of my favorite Pontiacs ever.

Also saw a black '70s Rolls Royce sedan and a white Ford Aerostar panel van w/ the barn doors..haven't seen one of those in ages.

Went for some Chinese takeout at about 5:30, almost dark. Saw what I think was a maroon '71-72 Grand Prix, whitewalls, Pontiac mags. Just saw it quickly go by through an intersection...drool...one of my favorite Pontiacs ever.

Also saw a black '70s Rolls Royce sedan and a white Ford Aerostar panel van w/ the barn doors..haven't seen one of those in ages.

'71 Pontiac Grand Prix:

Absolutely a beautiful car.

yanice71gpiz8.jpg