Coolest GM car you've seen all week?

What is the coolest GM car that you ahve seen this week?

For me it is a silver 66 Chevelle S396 hardtop that had to be one of the nicest restorations I've ever seen. I've seen lots of Super Chevy show winners, I've seen AACA winners, I've seen pritine Mustang Club of America winners...

And this thing was nicer, cleaner, and more seemingly original than anything else I swear that I've seen in a long time.

Also this week-

2 Good looking late 60's Toranado's

Silver 69 Camaro Z-28

Thumpin big block 70 Nova, Pro street, just wicked

Looked at a CTS (new) at a dealer

Good looking SKY was out front of a resteraunt with it's top down, someone had taken a dark grey car and added purple pinstripes. For some reason the color combo just really worked on this car.

Beautiful Gulf Turquose 67 Goat was following me home the other day. That is one of my fav. Pontiac colors, and with the fall colors of the trees I had trouble keeping my eyes off of the rear view mirror.

Not GM but I also saw a really nice Yellow 72 Mustang Convertible, again parked with its top down, today as I was leaving work for lunch.

So what is the coolest GM car you have seen this week? I've seen several, but that 66 Chevelle is still the nicest.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Hmmm...probably the really clean pale yellow '64 Skylark 2dr ht (no hubcaps, black steel wheels on whitewall tires) I saw on Sunday. The chrome looked perfect, the metal was quite straight.

Speaking of '66 Chevelles, there is a very clean '66 coupe (non-SS) in kind of an antique gold (reminds me of the color of the '65 GTO my brother had long ago) I see in traffic at least once a week or so. Has '67 style Rally wheels.

I did see a goregous silver blue '63-64 Riviera last week, first time I'd seen it around.

I have not seen much of any classics here as of this past week.

Winter is knocking hard on New England's back door. Most of

the classics are hibernating already.

I did however see a 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge just about a week

ago on Rt.495 going opposite to me (south) the top was down

and it was making good time in the passing lane. I even

managed to take a pic since my camera was out taking a photo

of a Peterbilt in the next lane.

I see that car all the time, it's prob. daily driven but I've never

seen it close up. Looks pretty perfect from 40 feet away. :wub:

I have not seen much of any classics here as of this past week.

Winter is knocking hard on New England's back door. Most of

the classics are hibernating already.

Yeah, winter is approaching in E. Ohio also...my brother and Mom have put away their oldies for the winter, incl. my Mustangs.

On the other hand, old car weather is here now in Phoenix--the next 5 1/2 months should be very nice. Then it's back to the oven.

Every Monday morning at around 7:30 AM when I'm heading to my other job, I see a nice white 1959 Chevrolet Bel-Air two-door hardtop go by on the opposite side of the highway. Hopefully some day I'll be able to drive something neat like that to work in the good weather.....

Every Monday morning at around 7:30 AM when I'm heading to my other job, I see a nice white 1959 Chevrolet Bel-Air two-door hardtop go by on the opposite side of the highway. Hopefully some day I'll be able to drive something neat like that to work in the good weather.....

I can't believe you have not mentioned that to me... very cool.

Damn I miss driving my B-59. I feel like such a loser not having

it back and running yet, but at least for now, family has to

come first and the time/$ is not there... :(

Not a lot since here in Wisconsin too winter is on its way. I washed the 2 and just have to wax them. If I know we are going to get something where it will snow I will top off the tanks, put 2 bottles of Iso-Heet and I think 10 ounces of Sta-Bil in the gas, really clean them up and park them.

Lamar, for '09, the Cobalt Sport is no longer a separate model, but an option package on the 2LT, with all the same equipment as in '08, except it loses the 2.4L and goes for the 2.2 L VVT.

I remember reading that somewhere. Still think it sucks. I like multiple engine choices.

Hmmm...not much really, though, I did catch a glimpse of a mid-70s huge Olds convertible the other day.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I knew she was a jewel in disguise" ... Kathy Mattea ... '455 Rocket'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

'73 Nova hatchback

Originally an I6 car, it got a 350 a couple years ago. I met the owner through a mutual friend, he needed a little help getting it running (its been sitting since last fall) and I came to the rescue. A new battery, battery cable and fuel filter and it was on the road. A sweet ride, I'll try and get some pics when its out in the daylight.

There is a little repair shop right near the race car garage that always has cool stuff hanging around. Yesterday afternoon they were messing with a '55 Bel Air hardtop in front of the shop. It's lowered, with a black satin finish (rat rod style) and black rims - pretty badass.

They are also bringing back a '67 442 convertible that used to belong to a local sprtscaster who died of cancer a few years back. It's a really nice car that sat and got dusty after the guy died.

cquote name='Camino LS6' date='15 April 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1271376960' post='590957']

There is a little repair shop right near the race car garage that always has cool stuff hanging around. Yesterday afternoon they were messing with a '55 Bel Air hardtop in front of the shop. It's lowered, with a black satin finish (rat rod style) and black rims - pretty badass.

They are also bringing back a '67 442 convertible that used to belong to a local sprtscaster who died of cancer a few years back. It's a really nice car that sat and got dusty after the guy died.

Kind of a sad note...was getting my wife's car washed in North Carolina when I was visiting my parents a few weeks ago...guy just bought a non 442 67 Cutty rag top...3x black....60,000 original miles...was getting ready to add candy metal-flake paint and 24" wheels....

A white 2006 or 2007 Monte Carlo in the next lane and behind me (per the rear view mirror). It really caught my eye because the rally wheels had gone into that "illusionary slower spin" mode. It looks great in white.