Ever park next to or have some park next to you with the same car?

I was wondering if this scenario has ever happened to any of you?

Have you ever deliberately parked next to the same model as your own, or has someone ever parked next to you with the same car?

100_1937.jpg

I think it's cool when someone parks next to you with the same car or vise versa.

Edited by Dodgefan

Yes but that's a Sundance. Totally different car, it's a Plymouth. :smilewide:

Since my Cobalt is so new, I don't like to park next to anyone, for fear of door dings. It's cool though, when it happens. Birds of a feather!

Completely different I know. :P

What was funny is that it had sitting on the dash the same exact digital thermometer/clock we bought and had in the Shadow years ago.

Edited by Dodgefan

Aww... Dodgefan, shoot, that was a joke about the 2 Saturn S-series cars parking next to each other... because they are immune to door dings. Sigh, nevermind, if I have to splain the joke, it must not have been that funny.:( Edited by ocnblu

Yes, if I happen to see an empty spot near my own brand of car, I will definitely pull into that spot....sometimes, if the driver of the other car is around, we will usually small talk about the cars.

On second thought, if the driver of the same kind of car as mine might be kind of "ghetto," then I stay away...I don't want to put "spare parts car" into their head. :lol:

Oh yes... I love it. Especially when I see another 04-05 GXP or 05 SLE! I have had it happen to me way to many times in a Sand Drift Impala Sedan. As for the Torrent it hasn't happend yet though it has set by many an Equinox. Here are two times within a few months of each other back in 05 and 06 when the Bonneville sat by its friends... Enjoy!

DSCN4586.jpg

DSCN4574.jpg

DSCN6446.jpg

DSCN6442.jpg

DSCN6448.jpg

DSCN6443.jpg

Oh yes... I love it. Especially when I see another 04-05 GXP or 05 SLE!

Bonnevilles are really nice cars. I liked the 1989-1990 because the taillamps were nicer than in 1987-1988. I also really like the 2000 - going forward redesign. I'm a purist, so I liked the basic 3800 equipped base model (was it an LE?) with those comfortable cloth buckets and that awesome, awesome sweeping dashboard.

Have you ever deliberately parked next to the same model as your own, or has someone ever parked next to you with the same car?

*grins*

Guilty as charged!

But, I don't have any pics of such events ... sorry :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

Headliners are such a PITA

The Bonneville needs that done. I will have somebody do it after hearing how much of a pain it is. Mines a 4-door which supposedly makes it worse.

Shoot, around here, Saturn S-series cars are still thick as thieves. I guess it's because we have had a dealership here in town since the early days of the experiment. My mom bought her first one in Glen Burnie, MD (a dark blue SC, she kept it for a few days and returned it for a white/tan leather SL2), then, a couple of months later, our local dealership opened. Back when all you could get was an S-series, they sold a lot of cars... now with all the models Saturn has and nothing really unique, they are overloaded with stagnant inventory.

Yikes, off-topic. Carry on!

No, I often just find the best parking spot I can whether it is next to a car like mine or not.

I usually just park wherever...I can walk, which is a concept many Americans can't seem to fathom...especially those jackasses who park in handicapped spot when the only thing handicapped about them is their brain.

Well, I've owned at least two of quite a few cars - does that count?

With some of my more special cars (Hawk etc.), I almost had to park next to the rare twin if I saw one.

In High School, another kid had the exact same year make and model as I did - in the same exterior color! He also worked where I did for a time. I sort-of "stalked" this car, and finally bought it to steal some parts I needed before re-selling it. While I had it, my firends and I referred to it as "The Clone"

It's happened a few times. I love parking next to a Jetter. There's actually a one around Dubois that is almost identical except for the taillights and spoiler. One of these days, I'll find it parked and get it. I've gotten tornado red Golfs, but no Jetters yet. :P

Headliners are such a PITA

Agreed.