Alcohol!!!

Satty

Alright alcoholics, booze hounds, bums, winos and frat boys, we need an alcohol thread, it just seems like the perfect compliment to our sex thread. I'll start: The $3 bottles of wine they sell at Wal-Mart suck majorly. So whats your drink of choice? What do you avoid like the plague?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer is disgusting...carbonated piss is what I liken it to.

I like "girly" drinks...you now, the ones that don't taste like ass.

For my 21st birthday my cousin had me try 15 or so various drink mixes and shots. Some were interesting, like the one he called "chocolate cake"

I like kahlua drinks.

Wine is ok.

I'm not big on alcohol...can't remember the last time I had some.

I've got a weird collection of cheap booze in my home office mini-fridge. There are some bottles of Bud Light, some Smirnoff Ice Wild Grape and some Michelob Lager. I just found out that Ruby Tuesday sells Yuengling (which I've heard is fantastic) so I'm going to give it a shot.

Yuengling is a local brew. We're proud of it.

I may have to request you ship some this way. Yuengling is great, but impossible to find out here. On some rare occasions my buddies will get some care packages sent from other forum buddies out of state, and we will all enjoy a good Yuengling. I even asked the local BevMo and apparently they can't even order it.

i'm kinda selective on beer i buy.

wine, semisweet or better for to drink more than a few sips.

mixed drinks...had a few, 7&7 is fairly good, Dr morgan is quite good in ~7:3 ratios or so, some ice. tried sex on the beach from another's cup, it was good. jack and coke is fair.

I'm not a big drinker, but there are some drinks i will pay money for. but i've only gotten sick from drinking 1 time, sorta.

Edited by loki

Jack Daniels = good

Four Roses = good

Beer = good as long as it's Corona, Guinness, Heineken

Some Portuguese liquers = good

Portuguese wine = superb

I avoid vodka and mixing two or three different drinks as it effs up my stomach

Edited by ZL-1

Love Yellowtail white wines. In fact, I love a lot of white wine. Red, not so much. Gives me headaches. I've yet to drink a white wine that didn't taste great with a cigarette.

Belvedere is the best vodka hands down, everything else (yes, even Grey Goose) is undrinkable to me.

Love Bombay Saphire gin.

Southern Comfort? Check. I once christened an entire street block off that stuff.

Jack Daniels Single Barrel is my favorite, but I'll drink Maker's Mark on occasion.

Tortuga rum is amazing, as is the rum liqueur. God I miss the Cayman Islands.

Mixed drinks? Love the Long Island. I'm also a fan of variations of it, like instead of the coke, a splash of 7up and Chambord (or just Chambord). Is there a name for this?

Belvedere is the best vodka hands down, everything else (yes, even Grey Goose) is undrinkable to me.

Give Stoli Elite a try, or Jean Marc XO...

Both among the more expensive bottles of Vodka, but they are both very good...Easily the best Vodkas I have tried.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good, relatively inexpensive (around $100 or less) Cognac?

I'm looking for something to pair with a Camacho triple maduro, or Partagas black label...

Edited by Nick

Stoli? Yech. Haven't heard of the other one, but anything with XO gives me pause. How about this, I'll try it if I see it?

Definitely don't pass on the stoli. I'm not much for regular Stoli either, but the Elite is very good.

I'm not big on alcohol...can't remember the last time I had some.

I, too, dislike alcohol. I don't know why. I just do. If everyone was like me, Anheuser Busch, Coors and the Napa Valley would have no purpose.

However, I got some bloodwork numbers I didn't like, and the doc gave me 3 months to clean them up. (Actually, they were better from 3 months before that). Therefore, I bought several bottles of red wine at Trader Joe's and, in addition to diet changes, I am now drinking 1 glass of red wine with dinner.

Well, let's see, where to begin? For mixed drinks, I prefer (Bombay Blue Sapphire) gin and tonic. I don't like sweet drinks that much. For beer, I prefer Labatt Ice but this past summer I discovered Bud Light Lime and liked that too. For wine, I like reds and white equally. There are a lot of wineries here in the Finger Lakes area of New York and I like to support the home teams so I try to drink local wines when possible. My favorite white wine is a dry to seim-dry rieslings but un-oaked chardonney is good too. Now, having said all that, I really don't drink a lot. I gave up having headaches and hangovers a very, very long time ago. I also don't like to get drunk because I get really goofy. I'm a far more amusing person when I'm drunk but I don't like to lose control so I don't do that anymore either.

I could give it all up and the only thing I would truly miss, is a nice glass of wine with a good meal.

Yuengling is a local brew. We're proud of it.

The ONLY beer I like. I don't drink beer, but whenever I go to one friend's house, he always has a case around.

Everclear straight from the bottle

Nati' Ice

Its always 5 O' Clock some where.

I'm just joking.

Lately Its Bombay Sapphire with anything, I prefer squirt though. and a lot of it.... I need to stop.

Love red wine. Long Island teas, dacquiris.

Good beer i like also.

But since my inlaws drink windsor, and since the big weight loss kick started, oh almost 7 months ago now......its nearly always Windsor and Coke Zero. Not a lot of calories. The COke Zero is far better than diet coke for drink mixing and windsor is not so harsh when compared to other hard liquors. But it will eff you up.

I usually dont like Coke but Coke Zero is pretty good with Canadian Mist. I forgot to mention before I dont drink beer by choice. Only if offered or its free at a party. I am a whiskey lover mainly though I do like Bicardi rum and once in the while a Screwdriver. Bicardi 151 is good if done right but it messes a person up pretty fast.

Is there a taste difference? I just drink whatever comes out of the drink machine at BK or MickeyDs.

nope, they're different and both good. zero tastes closer to classic coke. diet coke is a sweeter taste. both very good. zero is just better with mixed drinks.

Edited by regfootball

I like most stuff other than gin. Bar shots are usually pretty good... beer is ok, but I do get tired of it after a while.

My favorite mixed drink is a shot of vodka and a shot of amaretto mixed with coke, tastes like a Dr. Pepper.

Reminds me of a Flaming Dr. Pepper.

3/4 shot of amaretto

top off the rest of the shot with 151

ignite the shot

drop in a glass of beer and down it.

I've tried it and didn't care for it too much, but my buddies who were doing it swore it tasted like Dr. Pepper.

Edited by Nick

Reminds me of a Flaming Dr. Pepper.

3/4 shot of amaretto

top off the rest of the shot with 151

ignite the shot

drop in a glass of beer and down it.

I've tried it and didn't care for it too much, but my buddies who were doing it swore it tasted like Dr. Pepper.

A Flaming Dr. Pepper? Hmmm... I much prefer a Flaming Mo.

"...when liquor in a mug, can warm you like a hug, happiness is just a Flaming Mo away..."

At my house right now, I have a bottle of Captain Morgan, a bottle of Belvedere, a bottle of Preludio (Argentine wine), and some assorted Bud Lights and Coors Lights left over from other weekends. I pretty much drink anything as far as beer is concerned...light or dark. My favorite dark is Guiness. I'm also a fan of Hornsby's apple cider, and I'm cool with both white and red wine. And yes, LONG ISLANDS ROCK!

Microbrews and Mexican beers for me, and red wine w/ dinner usually (Merlots, Rhones, Cabs). I used to like vodka and Scotch, but very rarely have anything heavy anymore. I do like a mojito occasionally, esp. in hot weather.

Speaking of wine, I want to do a Napa wine tour sometime in the Spring.... I was there briefly one afternoon a few years ago, but want to go back see more. Elsewhere in CA, there is a winery in Paso Robles that I want to visit, mainly because they have my name. (a friend clued me in to them, I've tried their Syrah, quite good).

I like alchohol - but I rarely drink anymore.

Not some decision I made or anything like that, it just faded out of my life for the most part.

I guess that for me, it is an issue of quality over quantity and frequency. I rarely buy beer or other alchohol, but when I do, I like to have the good stuff.

+1 on the Yellowtail and the Yuengling, and The Kahlua.

There is an orange cognac I really like called Royal Montaigne, hard to find but not too expensive.

For beer, I usually prefer Canadian or microbrew.

Off the list permanently is Jack Daniels - we all have our alchoholic nemesis, and that's mine.

I don't care for sweet wines, Southern Comfort, domestic mass-market beers, or most syrupy liquers.

I like alchohol - but I rarely drink anymore.

Not some decision I made or anything like that, it just faded out of my life for the most part.

What's funny is when people I've worked with or friends wanted to go to a "happy hour" that some of the chain "fern" bars put on.

They are borderline pissed at me because I will have a Coke or a Sprite. I go for the FOOD SPECIALS. Since I can't cook to save my life, I love good cheap food. You'd think they'd be happy you went with them, regardless of what you ate and drank.

Also, alcohol is expensive. It cuts into my travel budget.

Yea I don't drink out much because of the cost. $9.50 Long Islander at CPK last night...youch. Got me nice and drunk though.

They go for 11-12 bucks on the actual Long Island. Be grateful for your $9.50 ;)

I HATE Beer with a passion, so I mainly stick to liquor.

My six favorites in order: (drumroll please)

1) Starry Night: This is a little shot (or drink, if you're me) that I stumbled upon this year. It's 50% Goldschlager (chilled) and 50% Jagermeister (room temp) mixed together for a little piece of heaven.

2) Tequila: of any kind. I can do the 'rot gut' cheap stuff all the way up to the high dollar stuff. I don't like it mixed with anything. I don't even like it with salt and a lime. I want it straight and preferably room temperature.

3) Killer Kool-aid: It's a drink that one of the ex-bartenders at my bar used to make me. Basically consists of 7 different types of liquor (All of the house liquors -- Aristocrat, sadly) some grenadine and a splash of Sprite. After about 4-5 pints of that, I was feeling REAL good one night.

4) Patron XO: It's basically tequila that has a hint of coffee taste to it. That's funny, because I hate coffee but love this drink. Served chilled BTW.

5) Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka: It's local thing that the distillery is trying to push across the south. It's Vodka that tastes just like lightly sweetened tea. Basically, you pour a glass 75% full of this stuff and then add water for the other 25%. Best if served on the rocks.

6) Southern Comfort: Good 'ole SoCo. Mix it with the soda of your choice (Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale or Sprite in my case) and away you go! Funny thing is though, I really don't like the SoCo and Lime thing.

EDIT: There is also an african amaretto that I'm quite fond of. (I have the name written down, but can't remember it) I tried it at a party once but couldn't find it here anywhere. Recently a friend of mine took a trip to Africa for 2 weeks and in the process managed to bring me a bottle back. :cheering:

The area I grew up in has a lot of local breweries. My GF is a beer drinker and could tell you a lot about those, but I can't. Yuengling is HUGE around here (She loves it) as is PBR, (No, she doesn't drink PBR -- We're classy rednecks, lol)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Yea I don't drink out much because of the cost. $9.50 Long Islander at CPK last night...youch. Got me nice and drunk though.

+1

I'd probably have a longer list of "likes" but my job at the bar only affords me one free drink per night, lol.

No way would I pay some of those prices! The starry night drink that I love is $8.00/shot alone. I can't imagine how much it would take to get me "drunk"

The area I grew up in has a lot of local breweries. My GF is a beer drinker and could tell you a lot about those, but I can't. Yuengling is HUGE around here (She loves it) as is PBR, (No, she doesn't drink PBR -- We're classy rednecks, lol)

The funny thing about PBR--it's sort of become a trendy hipster beer in recent years... a couple years ago, I used to do happy hour all the time at a Mc Cormick & Schmicks (upscale seafood restaurant) in a trendy office park, and they had PBR in cans! I remember drinking those and eating tasty calamari and oysters.

Phoenix has a few decent microbreweries (Four Peaks, Sonoran) but I miss all the brewpubs of Denver...there is a ton of great beer brewed in the Centennial State..

FOG, straight tequila is the greatest thing ever in the history of the world. No salt, no lime, just me and the booze. I haven't had tequila in a long time though, I tend to be the DD, so downing Jose seems like a bad idea.

Jose is awesome! A lot of people around here tend to think Patron is a lot better, but I can't really tell much of a difference. I mean the Patron is a little smoother but not by much.

Then again, maybe I'm just cheap. :D

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Jose is awesome! A lot of people around here tend to like Patron is a lot better, but I can't really tell a lot of difference. I mean the Patron is a little smoother but not by much.

Then again, maybe I'm just cheap. :D

Patron isn't worth the extra money. Regular 'ol Cuervo is the best.