Again and Again

ocnblu

Did you ever frequent a business not only because you like the service, or the food, etc., but because you have a little "thing" going with someone who works there? This evening before heading home, I stopped by a college hangout/pizza joint that I used to go to every few weeks, but hadn't been in about 4 months. Whenever I went in, I used to look for the pizza chef back at the brick oven (not a counter person). He always gave me a special smile and said hello, and I did likewise. Nothing more ever came of it. He's a tall, skinny Italian guy, and there's something intense about him. Anyway, since I hadn't been there in so long, I kind of forgot about him, until tonight. And there he was... he caught my eye with that smile and a friendly "How are you doing?" and I did likewise once again. The counter girl looked at him, then looked at me with an amused look on her face. I wish I knew his name.

So, does this happen to anyone else, going back to a business again and again to flirt with an employee? Did anything ever come of it?

The counter girl looked at him, then looked at me with an amused look on her face. I wish I knew his name.

Dude, SHE KNOWS! Go in there at the end of shift and get his number. The girl's reaction more than implies there may be something mutual going on.

Hooters girls have nothing on the Raisins girls.

Eh, papercuts aren't my thing.

(that would be funnier if South Park actually used construction paper)

Actually, now that I think about it, the only reason I stop at one particular gas station to get coffee in the morning is because the girl who works there is hot.

good and popular restaurants always hire sweet looking women because it pays off on the bottom line. and i for one, enjoy the heck out of it.

as far as what blu suggests, its also similar for, do you like going into work because of the candy around there?

(why yes, all those Somali babes in their head wraps working checkout at Walmart, we SOOOO hit it off)

now me, i am sure at one time long ago there were probably places i went because the person behind the counter was cool or cute or a i had a thing or rapport with.

Just need to go back through the brain and try to remember. The waitresses at Chumley's were always playful. I like going drinking at the better sports bar type places where the waitresses show up lots of clvg and are friendly.

Edited by regfootball

but because you have a little "thing" going with someone who works there?

He's a tall, skinny Italian guy, and there's something intense about him.

The counter girl looked at him, then looked at me with an amused look on her face.

This is 'effin hilarious. It's got ocn written all over it.

I could almost SEE the last part with the girl who has it all dialed in. Your stories evoke good visuals.

To answer your question, no. Having your "special order" memorized is the ultimate flattery as a customer, and will cause me to go back.

On the other hand, if I've been Amwayed in a place, it is usually on my $h! list and I will be on guard because it's an Amway/Quixtar/general douchebag stomping ground.

It's ok, I always get a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime to go with my pizza. :)

Last night I got a slice of veggie pizza, a small house salad with Light Italian dressing, and my Coke. I love their fresh slices of mozzarella topped with a slice of tomato, a basil leaf, and drizzled with olive earl... YUM, but not last night.

While I've not had a "thing", per se, I've met friends and such in situations like that.

well i have never met a person like that but i seen people do things in restaurants to friends that make me assume things that i shouldnt but it comes out that way. :(

i love how all my bartenders at the various bars i go to have a cold corona w/ lime in their hand for me the second i walk in :)

and yes i do this all the time but have never had the balls to say anything...im incredibly shy when it comes to situations like that compounded by the lingering question of is he even into guys or not??

• 2 months later...

ocn- from your posts on this general matter, it seems to me about the only thing you have to lose is the months & months you'll spend moodily munching pizza, not making any sort of move at all. Time's a-wastin', as they say.

I frequent a local pizza joint because the Chicken Marsala pie always whispers 'sweet nothings' to my stomach. Tho the owner's daughter came in once, and if she's not a frickin' model right now, she's just being lazy.

My bank has started hiring n00bs. <_<

These girls are dumb as bricks and slow as hell too.

So true.

I was cashing my check and the bank teller asked me if i want to open another checking account.

Perspective on age: When I was a teenager, I was regularly helped by a gorgeous 30-something bank teller whom could give a guy wet dreams every night. When we moved back here after being gone for 5 years, I didn't realize how much the local kids had grown up because her daughter now works at the same bank and is even HOTTER than her mom.