Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

"Camaro de BV"

20 posts in this topic

Well, I don't think the 4th gen Camaro gets the respect it deserves. It hardly ever gets mentioned for a 5th gen. It's always either the 1st or 2nd gen with an occasional 3rd. But rarely do I ever hear that it should be based on the 4th. So, I drew up this 5th gen based on the 4th. Retro in a modern way. So... take that 4th gen hatin' bitches!!!

BTW, sorry for the small pic with all the black sh!t. My camera is f**ked up and that's the biggest it will let the pics be. So I can't edit and tweak it unless you want an even smaller pic...

Posted Image

Very nice evolution of the 4th gen...I myself would prefer a retro Camaro....but that has been done to death here...so kudos on this, from what i can see in the pic, you did a really nice job on the front fascia....good work, just try to finish up the side a little bit, it seems to be lacking detail, almost as if you rushed to finish it :)

Well, technically, it's not even finished. I just wanted to post it as I said I would. I should still shade it and such... Especially the greenhouse. But, anyways, the 4th gen never really had much side detail at all. Just that character line and the door handle... :P

Well, technically, it's not even finished. I just wanted to post it as I said I would. I should still shade it and such... Especially the greenhouse. But, anyways, the 4th gen never really had much side detail at all. Just that character line and the door handle... :P

[post="38066"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thats the one thing about the 4th gens i didn't like, they were just too round and bland from certain angles....I think a 5th gen based on the 4th could address these issues...maybe just give it a little more juice to make you know this is a Camaro but yet not too much, or it'll look like a Vette....there should be a middle ground....looking forward to seeing the finished product

Given the choice between this and NO Camaro I'd embrace this egg-crate grille beauty in a heartbeat. Still I say it needs a hardtop roofline and prominent shark mouth grille if nothing else, off the 1st gen. I do like this... would have made for a sweet 2003-2006 rework! :)

Excellent work, as always, Vipes. The lower side bodyline is all Firebird though... check a 4th gen Firebird picture, then a Camaro, you'll see what I mean.

I'd prefer a rear quarter window. I wonder what this car would look like with a completely different greenhouse.

Not only is the bodyline Firebird-esque, but so is the rear spoiler. Looks good, but split the grille and change the lower fogs/turn signals a bit and you have a perfect evolution of the 4th Gen Firebird.

Hope ya don't mind, BV. I made it a Firebird w/ Photoshop...

Posted Image

[post="38635"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that's actually more fitting....odd as it may seem....they're bot cool though

The lower side bodyline is all Firebird though... check a 4th gen Firebird picture, then a Camaro, you'll see what I mean.

I'd prefer a rear quarter window. I wonder what this car would look like with a completely different greenhouse.

I know... but I had to somehow incorporate that crease the Camaro always had. It just looked bland the regular way. Besides, I know what a Firebird looks like, silly, and it's different. :P I wouldn't call that a Firebird at all.

As for the rear quarter window... well, that's the whole idea of it being based of of the 4th gen. It's not supposed to have one. Plus, how many cars have rear quarter windows? Too many, IMO.

Not only is the bodyline Firebird-esque, but so is the rear spoiler.

Looks good, but split the grille and change the lower fogs/turn signals a bit and you have a perfect evolution of the 4th Gen Firebird.

That spoiler is super weak for Firebird-esque.... and I don't think this would make a perfect Firebird at all. My idea of a 5th gen Firebird is so far from this sketch, yet its still 4th gen based.

Hope ya don't mind, BV. I made it a Firebird w/ Photoshop...

I don't mind, but I don't really like it...

The front's pretty good, but the rest is too much like the 4th gen, making it look like its from the late 90s, IMO.

...but the rest is too much like the 4th gen, making it look like its from the late 90s, IMO.

...And those retro 1st gen based Camaros don't look straight out of the '60s?!?!? :huh: :P

...And those retro 1st gen based Camaros don't look straight out of the '60s?!?!? :huh: :P

[post="38805"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, but I don't really like the greenhouse design of the 4th gen that much. It's okay, and wouldn't prevent me from buying one, but it's one of the weaker parts of the design, IMO.

It definitly looks like a re-work of the California Camaro concept car than the fourth-generation production car, but the fourth-gen was based on that concept, so my post really just defeated my purpose of saying anything. It's a really good drawing, though. I'd buy if it were rolling sheetmetal.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments... good and bad. I can see 4th gen based 5th gens are still in the minority with members... Oh well...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0