regfootball

09 F-150

12 posts in this topic

Silverado last in fuel economy, 1.5mpg behind the Tundra, 2mpg behind the Ford.

Well, if fuel economy was important, you'd get the 5.3, not the 6.2.

Otherwise, I'd say you can do no wrong with either the Silvy or the Ford.

The 2 trucks with OHC and 6-speed autos posted the best fuel economy, Shocking! As soon as I saw the Silverado was last in economy I thought for sure the 4-speed failed them again (since it is still the tranny on the 5.3) but I see it was the Escalade's thirsty powertrain that was the culprit. Looks like it is over for the Titan, and the F150 is back on top.

I don't buy it. The mildly revised Ford wins? The radically improved Dodge in fourth? No way.

I don't buy it. The mildly revised Ford wins? The radically improved Dodge in fourth? No way.

Did you read the article and all the individual tests?

One more reason to separate the All-Terrain package on the Sierra into the appearance package aspects and the suspension aspects -- I personally would rather have interior/exterior appearance items without the All-Terrain badge and with the Z85 suspension package.

There's no doubt the Dodge has 'radically improved,' but when you were producing a mediocre product before, that's a low goal to have to ascend. To be sure, the Dodge has a host of novel features (I know if I was 25 again, I'd salivate over the subwoofer under the rear seat and the kick ass speakers in the uplevel crew), but plastic chrome wheels? Gad!

Too much of what Dodge has done appeals to the posers (like the gas strut under the hood, which only begs to dry out and break in a few years), rather than 'real' truck buyers. Unfortunately for Dodge, it's the posers who have gotten out of the market, which is why the Turdra's sales have plummeted. If I were to buy on looks alone, I'd probably go for the Dodge, but in staying power, resale and longevity - no thanks.

The one area where Ford and Dodge simply do not get it is in their step in height. I am 6'2" and even in high heels I can barely get into the damned trucks. There is simply no advantage for this, other than to look taller. Their road clearance is no better than the Silvy's! Coupled with the superior selection of engine/tranny/box length choices of the GM product and it's pretty clear to anyone who KNOWS trucks why the GMC/Chev twins handily outsell everyone else.

I didn't say the Dodge should have won necessarily, but it shouldn't have placed so low. Why is the "all-new" Ford guaranteed to win because it got a new grille? (exaggeration) With the new transmission why didn't the GMC place similarly to the Chevy and they place highly together? The scoring seemed flawed, I will reserve judgment until I can sample the newest trucks myself.

Meh..the F150 looks like just a facelift of the current model, the Dodge is more 'all-new' (though the drivetrain is carryover, I think)..

the F-150 has lots of refinement enhancements, much like the way Ford has been doing product updates on other models like the Fusion, Escape, Focus, etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room