Intrepidation

2010 Ford Mustang revealed early on Ford's own website!

43 posts in this topic

Everyone here at Autoblog has been patiently counting down the seconds until 12:01AM EST tonight when Ford\'s embargo lifts on the 2010 Mustang. At that time we can tell you all about the new \'Stang as well as share our official high-res images and live shots that we took when invited to see it behind closed doors last week. Well, thanks to Ford itself we don\'t have to wait that long to give you a full featured sneak peek. The Blue Oval has already updated its official micro-site for the 2010 Mustang with a few wallpaper images (see gallery below), a CG video and the pony car\'s official order form that gives up the entire goods on each model, their standard features and optional equipment. You can try out the car in different colors.

We\'re still going to wait until 12:01AM EST to release our mother load of Mustang content (at least for now), so come back at midnight to read all about the changes to America\'s favorite muscle car and view our high-res galleries.

Autoblog

dl_extra1_1280.jpg

dl_extra3_1280.jpg

dl_extra4_1280.jpg

orderguide-1.jpg

orderguide-2.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

Although I don't think its enough to top the new Camaro (I biased already) its a good looking car, and its good to see Ford bringing Sync into more and more cars.

I sort of hoped that the new 3.5L V6 would've made it into the engine bay, but oh well.

It looks great. I really like the rims selection and interior color choices.

That looks very striking! I really like it!

However, I too, was hoping for the 3.5L to make it under the hood. .

I like, still no 6-spd manual and IRS, though. I like the styling overall, some odd details (the bottom corners of front fascia on the GT are odd).

Nice to see Sync available, the 'soft touch' interior trim sounds like an improvement. I like the wheel choices and color choices.

If the economy looks better in June '10, maybe I'll get a Sterling Gray Metallic GT premium convertible w/ the Brick Red seats and a manual for my birthday...midlife crisis car.

I like the exterior more than the current, and the interior is a big upgrade. Nav system and Sync are nice features.

The 4.0 V6 has to die, should have had the 3.5 liter unless they can't longitudinally mount it. The 3.0 V6 can be used in rear drive, and makes 240 hp, that would have been a much better choice than the dated and thirsty 4.0 liter.

This will be my first new car hopefully. I'm surprised about the lack of a 5.0L and a 3.5L though...I thought both were coming in 2010?

Perhaps it will be like the Escape, where the interior/exterior/structure were improved and next year or year after will come new powertrains?

Edited by Dodgefan

FOUR LITRE v6?

DAMMIT! idiots!

WHERE IS THE 3.5?

i LIKE the interior revisions however.

Edited by regfootball

I sort of hoped that the new 3.5L V6 would've made it into the engine bay, but oh well.

It looks great. I really like the rims selection and interior color choices.

Next year for the 3.5 and 5.0. Marketing figures people will buy the '10 Mustang just on the new looks alone, and another wave of buyers in '11 for the new powertrains.

BTW, I think it looks good too, and the wheels are gorgeous.

This is very reactionary... (as a result of the Camaro & Challenger intros.)

Reminds me of the "Stallone" design language that was proposed for MY94

& then toned down for production, except this time the aggressive lines

were not watered down nearly as much!

funny they put the V6 and V8 pics at different angles.

the v6 is a sad choice.... but when they get the new ones, yes, another wave of buyers...

overall, yes, it looks better, though not a huge difference...w/o them side by side.

It looks nice, but I feel like it will look old quickly, since it really isn't much different than the 05-09 models. It really looks like some sort of aftermarket or Ford accessory package made for the 05-09.

Like I said, it looks nice, I'm just sort of underwhelmed. We knew it was just a refresh, but I'm just left thinking it could have been much better. The interior is a similar story. Improved, but in the end not improved by 4-5 years.

Honestly... very well done... if I was in the market for a performance coupe, this would probably win my purchase. Stylish without being overplayed... and it doesn't have that "redneck" heirs about it either (sorry Camaro worshipers...)

It looks nice, but I feel like it will look old quickly, since it really isn't much different than the 05-09 models. It really looks like some sort of aftermarket or Ford accessory package made for the 05-09.

Like I said, it looks nice, I'm just sort of underwhelmed. We knew it was just a refresh, but I'm just left thinking it could have been much better. The interior is a similar story. Improved, but in the end not improved by 4-5 years.

Also it's a very GM move to introduce a new or refreshed model with dinosaur engines. The V6 and V8 in the Mustang were ancient in 2005.

As ever since its inception, Ford sticks to the Mustang formula. They've remained tried and true, and it still works. Nice job on a good looking car, Ford.

I'm liking it..I like the new contours...looking forward to seeing it person. I've liked Mustangs since I was a little kid riding in my Dad's '69. I've had 3 Mustangs over the years, time for another one sooner or later.

Next year for the 3.5 and 5.0. Marketing figures people will buy the '10 Mustang just on the new looks alone, and another wave of buyers in '11 for the new powertrains.

BTW, I think it looks good too, and the wheels are gorgeous.

Well, I guess 2011 it is then. I want a 5.0!

The Camaro is dead in the water.

It can't compete with the technology in the Mustang.

The Mustang has synch, bluetooth, sirius, etc. The Camaro has BS retro gauges and an interior ugly enough for a Pontiac.

The Camaro is dead in the water.

It can't compete with the technology in the Mustang.

The Mustang has synch, bluetooth, sirius, etc. The Camaro has BS retro gauges and an interior ugly enough for a Pontiac.

The Camaro, on the other hand, has IRS, 6 speed transmissions, and over 400 hp available. I'd like to get all the hardware and electronics in one car.

Edited by moltar

The Camaro, on the other hand, has IRS, 6 speed transmissions, and over 400 hp available. I'd like to get all the hardware and electronics in one car.

....and 300-400 more pounds....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room