Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

2010 Fusion and Milan revealed

8 posts in this topic

WOW. I really, REALLY liked the Fusion, until I got the full effect of the rear! Jesus that thing's busy-looking, and frankly dated. I had to double-take to make sure I wasn't looking at the original Focus for a second.

I think I like the Fusion's front slightly better than Milan's, but Milan seems better-styled overall. Interiors look good, though it looks like the contrast stitching is for uplevel models? I'd have to see what all is offered. These look like good cars, and I can't wait to see them in person Friday.

The Milan seems really boring to me, the Fusion quite interesting. I'm not sure how the front end of the Fusion is going to mesh with the rest, but it definitely has some Ford of Europe ques.

I like the Fusion, although the rear could be improved some, the Milan looks better from behind. I like the interior with the 8 inch screen and the fuel economy numbers should be excellent. Ford did a really good job. The 08 Malibu is looking mid-pack right about now.

I had high hopes for the Fusion when I saw the redesigned front end. I still like the new front end design, but the restyled rear end looks absolutely hideous; it's way too busy and contrived. Ford would have been better off just updating the interior elements of the taillights and leaving the rest of the rear design alone.

The opposite is true for the Milan. The new front end design seems awkward (although I think it will grow on me over time; I can't say the same for the Fusion's new rear end styling) while the mildly restyled rear end treatment looks good.

Overall, Ford seems to have 2 solid and greatly improved entries in the mainstream midsize sedan segment. I still prefer the exterior design of the Malibu, Aura, Altima, and Mazda6 to the Ford twins, but I would still consider the Fusion and Milan if I was in the market for a midsize sedan.

I think both of these look great. I didn't expect to like them from previous pictures, but either they've grown on me or these are just that much better pictures, or something. Both look very nice! I'm starting to think Ford is going to be going strong for a long time, as long as it can pull past this economic crapfest going on right now.

It seems that design teams have hit a sudden wall on how to design the back end of a car. I think these 2 are good, but not great. I've never liked the interior on the Fusion/Milan (just very simple shapes and no visual interest at all), and this is only mildly improved. The console is still pretty hopeless IMO. Still, an improvement is always welcome.

The rear is a bit iffy, but overall it looks like a fantastic car. The specifications are great:

- Best-in-class I4 fuel economy

- Six-speed transmissions all around (including six-speed manual with I4, manumatic with V6s)

- Available all-wheel drive

- Available flex-fuel 3.0L V6

- Competitive 3.5L V6

- Best-in-class hybrid fuel economy (up to 47 mph in full electric mode)

- SYNC, BLIS with Cross Traffic Alert, reversing camera, capless fuel filler

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room