Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Have you ever considered

Camino LS6

I know I've asked something like it before, but I'm feeling the pull of the idea very strongly right now.

No one is willing to spend any money on what I do because of the economy, and I can't weather the storm without work.

I am even considering selling the Silverado, but that's a decision that would change everything. It would mean giving up what I do for a living and the end of so many other things.

I need a solution.

liquidating everything you have and just disappearing?

Hell....my ex did that for me.....against my wishes......

<_<

I'm lucky to have held onto my condo in CA.....and I have my CTS lease......and my puppies......that's about it boys and girls......but no, I'm not bitter.....

:angry:

Actually......it's been a sobering experience for me. I went from having two credit cards, an '06 Corvette Convertible, and an 815 credit score.....to the dumpster....

But I have my health, my friends, my family, a good job, and.....of course.....C&G...! I'm a lucky boy.....

Hell....my ex did that for me.....against my wishes......

<_<

I'm lucky to have held onto my condo in CA.....and I have my CTS lease......and my puppies......that's about it boys and girls......but no, I'm not bitter.....

:angry:

Actually......it's been a sobering experience for me. I went from having two credit cards, an '06 Corvette Convertible, and an 815 credit score.....to the dumpster....

But I have my health, my friends, my family, a good job, and.....of course.....C&G...! I'm a lucky boy.....

Your post touches on one of the complications for me. Quite a few people depend on me in different ways, and I just don't have it in me to say "screw you!".

I'm beating my brains out to come up with answers that work.

Well, my income is down by 30% this year, I'm eating through my savings faster than hidden chocolate bars at a Jennie Craig Convention... oh, and my savings are dropping faster than my ex's ass.

So, yeah, if I actually liked fish, it'd be nice to move to Baffin Island and live in an igloo......

Well, my income is down by 30% this year, I'm eating through my savings faster than hidden chocolate bars at a Jennie Craig Convention... oh, and my savings are dropping faster than my ex's ass.

So, yeah, if I actually liked fish, it'd be nice to move to Baffin Island and live in an igloo......

I've thought about moving to an island, working in a local shop or bar or restaurant, and just enjoying a simple life for once....

But I guess we should all remember the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence.....so right now I'm just trying to control my stress over money and other stuff.....and enjoy each day and each evening as best as I can....

I've thought about moving to an island, working in a local shop or bar or restaurant, and just enjoying a simple life for once....

But I guess we should all remember the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence.....so right now I'm just trying to control my stress over money and other stuff.....and enjoy each day and each evening as best as I can....

I've been joking with the BF that when we go to Brazil in Feb (can't way to visit Foz do Iguacu, finally!) that we should stay. His condo is paid for, has a very nice roofdeck pool, is conveniently situated in the middle of the university district (can you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E with all the hot college kids around the building?) and I could easily be a house-husband. He could go back to his management job and I could, well, learn Brazilian cooking......

I've been joking with the BF that when we go to Brazil in Feb (can't way to visit Foz do Iguacu, finally!) that we should stay. His condo is paid for, has a very nice roofdeck pool, is conveniently situated in the middle of the university district (can you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E with all the hot college kids around the building?) and I could easily be a house-husband. He could go back to his management job and I could, well, learn Brazilian cooking......

You could be his Agadore Spartacus.....! (From The Birdcage)

:lol:

You could be his Agadore Spartacus.....! (From The Birdcage)

:lol:

That's Ms. Agadore Spartacus to you, honey! :lol:

I need a solution.

Sell rock. :yes:

I dunno, you have a nice workspace there and judging by the looks of the wagon you know which end of the screwdriver to hold. Why not try your hand at light automotive work on the side? Buy beaters, fix 'em a little, and flip them for profit. Just a thought.

Sell rock. :yes:

I dunno, you have a nice workspace there and judging by the looks of the wagon you know which end of the screwdriver to hold. Why not try your hand at light automotive work on the side? Buy beaters, fix 'em a little, and flip them for profit. Just a thought.

Yeah, that's actually been part of the plan for a while now. The thing is, the cancellation of my fall jobs pulled the rug out from under me. I'm in survival mode for the forseeable future.

So, I guess I'm questioning everything and everything is on the table.

Yeah, that's actually been part of the plan for a while now. The thing is, the cancellation of my fall jobs pulled the rug out from under me. I'm in survival mode for the forseeable future.

So, I guess I'm questioning everything and everything is on the table.

That's pretty much what I am lookin at too Camino...

I should find out my job fate in the few days....

I've been thinking a LOT about living off the grid....

Quite a few people depend on me in different ways, and I just don't have it in me to say "screw you!".

This is more or less why I haven't gone through with it.

Everytime I think about "disappearing", I remember something or someone that I can't let down........

*sighs*

But, with the way things are going personally, I may have to "disappear" for a while to take care of some things. We'll see.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...& now an uncle!

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Action speaks louder than words" ... Black Crowes ... 'Hard To Handle'

I've certainly thought about it before... dissapearing to someplace like the Florida Keys (where I lived as a teenager), Maui, Snowdonia or Northumberland for a while.

Somehow, I've stayed employed this year (with a couple months off), even after one contract ended (March) and then getting laid off (July), I'm still making 30% more than I did last year. Even with all the layoffs I'm seeing in some companies, I'm still seeing job postings and getting calls and emails from headhunters every week. My current contract is up in March, I'll do a nationwide search then; Phoenix isn't the best town for my thing.

I think you are suffering from severe case of HHS (Howard Hughes Syndrome)! :smilewide:

I wish!

Old Howard had the cash to do whatever he wanted. I, on the other hand, can't get the work I need to keep the ship afloat.

I'm just frustrated, grouchy, and stressed-out.

And I don't see much of a reason to struggle onward carrying all the weight that I do. That's why dumping everything has such an appeal.

"When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose"

I wish!

Old Howard had the cash to do whatever he wanted. I, on the other hand, can't get the work I need to keep the ship afloat.

I'm just frustrated, grouchy, and stressed-out.

And I don't see much of a reason to struggle onward carrying all the weight that I do. That's why dumping everything has such an appeal.

"When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose"

I find when I'm in a mood like yours, sex works wonders. Lots and lots of sex, it takes the edge off.