Followers 0
pow

Fusion Hybrid: $27,270

13 posts in this topic

11/20/2008, 11:44 PM

Ford News

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid: priced from $27,270

10-ford-fusion-hybrid-f34-555.jpg

Ford has announced a base price of $27,270 for its new 2010 Fusion Hybrid sedan. Basic features like dual-zone climate control, automatic headlights, keyless entry, power windows, mirrors, and locks, capless refueling, traction control, and ABS are all standard equipment. Also included is a six-speaker stereo, eco-responsible seats, 17-inch wheels, traction control, and a reverse sensor.

Priced $1000 above the Toyota Camry Hybrid, customers can select an optional GPS system, heated leather seats, and/or a Sony audio system.

Ford has high hopes for the Fusion hybrid, which can operate on the electric power at up to 47 miles per hour. The hybrid features a 2.5-liter inline-four with 155 horsepower and 136 pound-feet of torque bolted up to a CVT transmission.

Like other hybrids, the system utilizes regenerative braking, an upgraded nickel-metal hydride battery (said to be 20 percent more powerful than previous batteries), and a “smart” climate control system. The new sedan, which Ford says will be in showrooms by March 2009 at the latest, also feature the SmartGuage system to help “coach” drivers into driving more efficiently.

Ford says the hybrid Fusion will be capable of up to 700 miles of in-town driving and it will trump the Toyota Camry Hybrid by at least 5 mpg in the city. The Camry is EPA-rated at 33 mpg.

---

It's been a while since a domestic car was more expensive than the import equivalent. Sure, the Fusion will have a huge tax credit and it comes with more standard equipment, but I think it's a good sign: Ford is making vehicles that people want to buy - and pay extra for.

Apparently this new generation hybrid system has more domestically-sourced components, so supply shouldn't be an issue, as it was with the Escape (Aisin eCVT and Panasonic batteries). And according to Ford, the hybrid Escape was already profitable - not a money loser.

Ford,

Please build your game changing American cars in the United States of America.

Sincerely, An American Taxpayer.

High mileage claims and a high price. I wonder how it will do.

ESCAPE HYBRIDS SELL IN THE MID THIRTIES, the fusion HYman edition should fly off lots at this price.

High mileage claims and a high price. I wonder how it will do.
well, the Fusion Hybrid (39/33 mpg* ) is priced $1,000 more than the Malibu hybrid (24/33 mpg) and $1,000 more than the Camry hybrid (34/33 mpg) ... what do you think?

Igor

* Fusion Hybrids's hwy milage is the base I4 mileage - the Hybrid might add a little.

Edited by Igor2

Ford,

Please build your game changing American cars in the United States of America.

Sincerely, An American Taxpayer.

well we all wish that, but the Fusion is exported from Mexico to Brazil and Argentina - mexico can export there with no tariffs - US has about 10-20% import tariffs ...

It makes no sense for Ford to build the Fusion here .. 2nd plant will be in Us when needed, but for now Hermosillo is enough

Igor

Can it be built alongside the 6 in Michigan?

possibly, but Hermosillo is nowhere near capacity at this point - and ford does not have $4 to burn. The assumption is that if Fusion needs expanding, Mustang gets moved to a separate plant, and fusion will take its place at AAI - after all, the one reason those two were in the same plant - identical wheelbase - was just removed with the new Mazda6 ..

of course this assumption was based on an older plan for GRWDP - since that is on hold, I doubt Mustang can support a plant on its own.

So we shall see... I would like an option of Us build Fusion/Milan/MKZ, thought - would shut up a lot of critics.

igor

i am fine with the fusion built in mexico for now, until the UAW elephant in the room gets resolved.

This little car is going to do great things for Ford. I hope they offer some other wheel options, because the ones in the picture suck.

The price isn't that bad at all, especially considering it trumps it's nearest competitor the Camry by 6 mpg. That's some bang for the buck....I don't think an extra $1k is going to turn too many away.

Ford needs to play up the mileage lead on its advertising when this car debuts.

those are the only wheels available on the Hybrid - as usual hybrid wheels are deigned to be light and have good air flow .. not to be pretty ..

Igor

This little car is going to do great things for Ford. I hope they offer some other wheel options, because the ones in the picture suck.

The price isn't that bad at all, especially considering it trumps it's nearest competitor the Camry by 6 mpg. That's some bang for the buck....I don't think an extra $1k is going to turn too many away.

Ford needs to play up the mileage lead on its advertising when this car debuts.

+1 X 400

Ford needs to maket the hell out of this thing... And I'm talking cut throat "We're more bad ass than the Camry" marketing too.

Way to go Ford!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0