Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Caravan to DC !!!

I already speculated out loud as to why the hearings weren't held in Detroit, so the fat cats can tour GM's proving grounds, Ford's factories, etc. to meet & greet the new models and the people who build them.

No, they'd rather score cheap shots from the vantage point of their soft chairs.

At the next hearing Rick should stand up and tell them we want you to come and see what more we have back in Detroit. Show them behind close doors what is not yet ready to be shown publicly.

Also make the Hill rats drive to Detroit in cars provided by the MFG. No pl;anes on my tax dollar.

Or

If this does not impress them we bring then in Ted Nugent to hold them hostage at bow point for $25B [we tell ted Nancy wants to protect Bambi] and we then leave them in a room with Kid Rock singinig at high DB till we break their will. Of course this last part of the idea is completely optional. :smilewide:

Edited by hyperv6

Kick a$$!!!!

To piggy-back off of Oldsboi's idea, I wish I had

the time & money to drop the hood down on the

B-59 post-364-rebuild and caravan with them!

Garish eXalted Turd

I fear the press is going to portray this as grandstanding. Like oops I forgot our anniversary, let me run out and get you something. It just looks stupid when you do it after being caught. Now I hope I'm wrong and GM really uses it as an opp to get it's newest most fuel efficent models in the press. I hope they bring fully optioned hybrids. Forget Flex Fuel though, because half the nation knows it's BS. Just hybrids. And get a Volt prototype on the road for this. Oh and of course No SUVs, even if they're hybrids.

I fear the press is going to portray this as grandstanding. Like oops I forgot our anniversary, let me run out and get you something. It just looks stupid when you do it after being caught. Now I hope I'm wrong and GM really uses it as an opp to get it's newest most fuel efficent models in the press. I hope they bring fully optioned hybrids. Forget Flex Fuel though, because half the nation knows it's BS. Just hybrids. And get a Volt prototype on the road for this. Oh and of course No SUVs, even if they're hybrids.

Your are correct only the newest and best high milage cars or hybrids need apply.

I agree skip the Flex Fuel as it is political football.

If handled well this will make a impact if handled poorly it will become fodder for the idiots of the NYT or MSNBC.

And above all leave the damn old cars at home. We need no reminders of what got us into this mess. All they needs to see ia a big honking 50's Buick and decide they need to remove the collector cars as gas wasters and filling our air with more carbon. These people don't give a rats a$$ about B pillard being removed.

They don't even understsand the Stig!

The Stig! I heard the Australian version is flopping pretty hard. I also hear they've done a pilot for a US version. Can't wait to check it out. Ultimately though I need some new episodes on BBC American ASAP! Top Gear love baby!

The OZ version is going down by the bow quick and the American version is going to go down stern first.

They just don't understand what makes the show work is the stuffy British Humor. Be thankful they have not tried to do a American Monty Python.

Don't you have somewhere else to go?

Just ignore him. Like most boils, they go away eventually.

Flex Fuels wouldn't be :bs: if the government would build a damn infrastructure.

But, it doesn't matter anyway... I'm sure the press will find something more trivial and stupid to focus their negativity on.

"Rick Wagoner, GM CEO, parallel parks in a 30 minute parking zone for a FULL 2 HOURS!!!!!"

Oh teh Nooz!!! GM should be kil1ed now !!!1111!!!

But GM is profitable in China and Korea. GM sells a lot of vehicles in those markets. Congress has no business making such demands.

It boils down to Japan and Japan alone. They hide behind their protectionist walls and are free to assault every market on the planet, but no one has been allowed to ascend their hollowed walls.

For the record, Ottawa and Ontario are looking at 'rescue packages,' but want to coordinate with Washington.

AMEN!! Where is the truth about Japan and their free reign over our market. Of course there is a gap between the Japanese automakers and the Big 3 when it comes to price point and making money on each car there is no competition. Who was the Alabam senator who said let them fail? Of course he wants them to fail because he has three Japanese auto plants in his state.

If I had one of the new GM vehicles, I'd join the caravan and follow along to DC.

edit: Hell, if I had one of the old GM vehicles with 200,000 miles on it, I'd follow along also to disprove the myth that the old stuff was crap.

I could follow along in my 252,000 mile Alero daily driver....

Best condition + highest mileage.

It looks great on the passenger side... unfortunatly I backed over the front drivers side with the Avalanche :wacko:

Edited by BuddyP

I like that idea, I'll be home until 12/7/08. I could bring the 07 Grand Prix GXP and show them a V8 with Active Fuel Management or the 69 Custom-S and show them GM durability.

And I bring my 185,000 mile 1993 Trans Am with the original motor and tranny to represent late model GM acheiving high mileage on original parts. It might not look pretty because as a daily driver it has slightly faded paint.

I wonder how many miles are really on my wagon. It shows 54k, which has to be at least 154k, but could be 254k. I'm going to guess at the 154k number as it is just too clean for it to be 100k more than that. I suppose that it could be 54k original, but the odds of that aren't high.