Meet your new mommy...

zoomtm

Saw the commercial and let's just say it scared me! Almost looks like it is a setup and it's rehearsed... what person would act like that on camera? That woman is a raging lunatic. :blink:

That Lady reminds me a lot of my Dad... not the religious close mindedness but the crazy outbursts. This lady needs help! What a freekin Psycho. She should have her home monitored by DSS after that crazy bullshit ragefest. Her poor kids are the real victims, the Husband should leave her. It was funny for a while but towards the end of the episode it just turned freekin ugly & sad! :blink:

Let's recap: Tarot Cards: SATAN Astrology: SATAN Money distributed by non-Christians: SATAN Hypnotism: SATAN Cameramen who do not believe in Jesus: SATAN I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Why is she a slut? Not every model is a slut. What bikini = Slut?

I missed part 1, out of simply forgetting it was on. But it's in Lost's time slot anyway, and nothing overtakes a new episode of that. Networks should know better than to schedule shows against appointment hits, even if we are in a DVR world.

it was a good ending. Fox did a wonderful job with the editing and music too really dramaticize the fight as well as the overall "fight" between the "good" and "evil" moms. That woman did not represent Christians well, and that's what disappoints me. Myself being Christian, I know I would never treat anyone the way she treated some of those individuals. She did put up with some things that from the Christian perspective are very "New Age", but she lacked respect and humility in the way she dealt with those beliefs. I would never deliberately hurt someone like she did based on thier feelings. The other mom was a wonderful woman. Very reasonable and willing to listen, that's what upset me so much about the Christian mom. The non-Christian mom displayed some very Christian virtues [not just Christian virtues, but virtues of a very good person, virtues we hold high in respect]; she just listened and took all the slaps the Christian mom had to offer about her family. My heart sank when the other mom came in with such a wonderful attitude about everything. Southern Christians, it's such a regional thing sometimes. They grow up with this attitude, "well I'm going to heaven and you're not. I grew up in this and you didn't." It's all very shameful and not at all humble like the God they pray to aspires for them to be. It gets me thinking that she spends a lot more time in her own mind making up her own decisions about what is Godly and doesn't really read the Bible a lot. I loved the episode. I just wish there was the counterbalance and next week they'd show a really good Christian family. In general though, the Christian mother's attitude was not that bad, and she may have seemed a bit fanatical to some, but that's just because of the way Christians will deal with things that are unfamiliar to people outside the Christian world [praying in the name of Jesus, etc ]. Not to say her family didn't display Christian virtues, it was her disrespect and the disrespect her friends held for the non-Christian mother when they came to her party, that I found most displeasing. The best part of the editing, after all the drama unfolded, was learning what the mother had decided the Christian family should spend the 50k on, it was all so thoughtful and considerate, so compassionate. Edited by turbo200

Very few Christians are like that woman, only the fanatical and "evangelical" ones. I was raised Catholic, and most of the Catholics I have met as well as the more moderate Protestants (Episcopalians, Methodists, Presbys) aren't psychotic like she was. I hope that one day I can mention Lutherans with the rest of the Protestant sects I mentioned, but the only Lutheran families I have met are exactly like that woman was. And I know I cannot extrapolate based on a small number of families from the same parish. It was entertaining though...how she wanted all the non-Christian crew members out of her house...heh what an intolerant, bigoted b!tch.

Very few Christians are like that woman, only the fanatical and "evangelical" ones.  I was raised Catholic, and most of the Catholics I have met as well as the more moderate Protestants (Episcopalians, Methodists, Presbys) aren't psychotic like she was.  I hope that one day I can mention Lutherans with the rest of the Protestant sects I mentioned, but the only Lutheran families I have met are exactly like that woman was.  And I know I cannot extrapolate based on a small number of families from the same parish.

It was entertaining though...how she wanted all the non-Christian crew members out of her house...heh what an intolerant, bigoted b!tch.

[post="41620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I do not know of any evangelical Christian mothers who are psychotic.

I don't know where you get some of your stereotypes from. Most of your posts are highly intelligent, a few border on brilliant; not this one.

One of the largest evangelical churches in the country - Saddleback Church - is close to where you are in Lake Forest, CA. Maybe you should visit there one Sunday morning to get a better idea of what evangelicals are like.

Sorry, man...but the people who harass me and "testify" and ask me "when I have been saved" (duh...2000 years ago) and tell me that I must be going to hell if I don't subscribe to their exact beliefs...Yea I'm not a fan of pushy, bossy and intolerant Christians, and honestly I have only come across those characteristics in Christians who classify themselves as evangelical.

Anyway, I didn't say ALL evangelicals were that way, but the Christians that I have found that way tend to label themselves highly evangelical. I mean this woman, although Catholic, claimed that she was a "spiritual warrior." MULTIPLE TIMES. That sounds pretty evangelical to me.

This is a case of "all A is B but not all B is A." Sorry if you felt I was knocking your religion, but that was not my intent. I couldn't care less what you believe just as long as it does not infringe on my right to believe whatever I wish to believe. Edited by Croc

somebody, please please, PLEASE! hand me a loaded M16 before i bust out my swiss army knife and cause a mess. :angry: if that was my mother, i would chop her into a million pieces with a butchering knife :o

I've been a born-again Christian for a little over a year and been to a great church full of them. We are different from the world as we're called to be. But as far as I can tell, I have not and do not see any "psychos" around me as some believe. I'm sure there are some looking out for their own interests, but they and I are just doing what we are called to do-Go out and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark).