Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

If you still have any doubt a Camaro is coming...

Northstar

Just want to make sure...

The concept will be shown to a select few on Monday.  Will the Camaro then be displayed to the public begining from the official opening of the show, or will GM re-introduce it sometime later during the week?

[post="40825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

First off, just to be all legitimate... no one has used the "C" word yet from GM.

That being said, the event a "select few" are going to is a full blown debut during the press days of the show. Meaning you need a press pass to gain access. Anyone with a Press Pass will have the option to attend any of the vehicles Chevrolet is debuing at NAIAS.

My understanding is yes, the vehicles Chevy is debuing will be on display during the public viewing days.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, just to be all legitimate... no one has used the "C" word yet from GM.

That being said, the event a "select few" are going to is a full blown debut during the press days of the show. Meaning you need a press pass to gain access. Anyone with a Press Pass will have the option to attend any of the vehicles Chevrolet is debuing at NAIAS.

My understanding is yes, the vehicles Chevy is debuing will be on display during the public viewing days.

[post="40852"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I understad that the vehicle would be on display during the public viewing. My main concern is that they would show it to the "select few" on Monday, but hold off until later in the week to put it on display for the public. But... assuming I go, it would probably be later in the week anyway. So that's probably not as big a deal.

But then why is Scott inviting 250 selected enthusiests to witness "2 new Chevrolet vehicles" before the Detroit show opens to the public?  I don't understand why that type of crowd would be gatherd to see, oh say..the next gen Aveo or Malibu.

[post="39968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm going to invite 250 random people to my house for that exact same thing. When I raise the garage door, they will see a Malibu and a Silverado, both of which I just got off the rental lot and they are new Chevy vehicles in that they aren't used Chevy vehicles. I'm evil.

I'm going to invite 250 random people to my house for that exact same thing.  When I raise the garage door, they will see a Malibu and a Silverado, both of which I just got off the rental lot and they are new Chevy vehicles in that they aren't used Chevy vehicles.  I'm evil.

[post="40905"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Am I one of the special yahoos?

I'm going to invite 250 random people to my house for that exact same thing.  When I raise the garage door, they will see a Malibu and a Silverado, both of which I just got off the rental lot and they are new Chevy vehicles in that they aren't used Chevy vehicles.  I'm evil.

[post="40905"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Still beats getting Sodomized! <_< :P

Am I one of the special yahoos?

[post="40908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sure, I'll even have a special Series III 3800 4th Gen Camaro parking spot for you. It'll be next to the 4cyl diesel Corvette parking spot I'll have for Adam. BV's parking spot is going to be dangerously close to the car crusher. My neighbors are going to hate me.

68, my sources tell me that being sodomized is no fun but being the sodomizer is great. Why isn't there a super hero named The Sodomizer? Edited by Satty

Sure, I'll even have a special Series III 3800 4th Gen Camaro parking spot for you.  It'll be next to the 4cyl diesel Corvette parking spot I'll have for Adam.  BV's parking spot is going to be dangerously close to the car crusher.  My neighbors are going to hate me.

68, my sources tell me that being sodomized is no fun but being the sodomizer is great.  Why isn't there a super hero named The Sodomizer?

[post="40912"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

lmao That should be like.. Harry's nickname :lol:

First off the first public day is the following Saturday. This showing on Monday the 8th is much like they did for the C6 2 years ago. You will see the car in all it's glory starting Jan 14th. Also before anyone get's too techical here it is the Camaro Concept so don't come expecting a Chevelle or a Vega. Read this I think most will understand where they are going with this. Dear Camaro/Firebird Enthusiast, On behalf of the men and women at Chevrolet and our 4,300 dealer partners, I’m pleased to invite you to a very special occasion. Chevrolet will be unveiling several new models at the North American International Auto Show at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, January 8. As our guest, we would like to invite you to two events that we think will be most memorable. The first event will be held Sunday Evening, January 8th at the GM Heritage Museum in Sterling Heights, Michigan. You’ll join fellow Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts for a reception where you will view nearly 200 historic GM cars and trucks while enjoying refreshments. Among the many exhibits are cars and trucks from the earliest days of General Motors; concept cars from the 50s and 60s; and some very special Camaros and Firebirds that celebrate 35 years of “Performance - American Style!” On Monday morning, you will be transported to Cobo Hall in Detroit to take part in a very special press event where you'll view several new and exciting Chevrolet products. How were you selected? Well, for starters, you are a Camaro/Firebird Enthusiast. You’ve “kept the faith” that the future, indeed, looks bright. You’ve continued to support the Camaro/Firebird community. Because the number of press passes is extremely limited, we have selected your name, along with one guest, lottery-style. Thus, you are one of 250 people from a list of names well over 1,200 strong. Please review your calendar now. We would appreciate an RSVP by no later than November 10. If you cannot attend, please indicate so that we may select the next name on the list. Please do not give your invitation away as it cannot be transferred to another person. This invitation is for you and one guest. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you a third press pass. We will be making blocks of rooms available should you wish to reserve a room at local hotels. If flying to Detroit, we suggest Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) or Flint Bishop Airport (FNT) We’ll send you more information as details develop. I hope to see you in January! Scott Settlemire Manager – Chevrolet Shows and Exhibits I don't want to read too much into this but I am suprised at the mention of the Firebird. Here is another post from Scott a bit of clarification: GM does not control passes for press days as we are an exhibitor at the show....we are not the 'organizer' per se. we were able to get 250 passes............. now.........I have a list of 1,259 names from various sites that are 'enthusiasts' in that they are 'regulars'......also those who are webmasters......and club presidents (that I know of) .......and those who actually plan and hold Fcar shows for enthusiasts. the only fair way to do this was to put all 1,259 names in a box......and have someone perform a 'lottery'. Those whose names were drawn have been notified by email. If they cannot come, they cannot pass their invite on to someone else -- rather, the next name is selected. The show opens the following Saturday (8th and 9th are the week earlier) I'm sorry we can't host everyone.........there's nothing I'd like better.......however, I felt this was the fairest way to do this. I'm sure that there will be a simulcast of the 'goings on' within the GM Exhibit. Edited by hyperv6

First off the first public day is the following Saturday. This showing on Monday the 8th  is much like they did for the C6 2 years ago. You will see the car in all it's glory starting Jan 14th. 

Also before anyone get's too techical here it is the Camaro Concept so don't come expecting a Chevelle or a Vega.

Read this I think most are preceptive enough to understand where they are going with this.
Dear Camaro/Firebird Enthusiast,

On behalf of the men and women at Chevrolet and our 4,300 dealer partners, I’m pleased to invite you to a very special occasion.

Chevrolet will be unveiling several new models at the North American International Auto Show at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, January 8.

As our guest, we would like to invite you to two events that we think will be most memorable.

The first event will be held Sunday Evening, January 8th at the GM Heritage Museum in Sterling Heights, Michigan. You’ll join fellow Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts for a reception where you will view nearly 200 historic GM cars and trucks while enjoying refreshments. Among the many exhibits are cars and trucks from the earliest days of General Motors; concept cars from the 50s and 60s; and some very special Camaros and Firebirds that celebrate 35 years of “Performance - American Style!”

On Monday morning, you will be transported to Cobo Hall in Detroit to take part in a very special press event where you'll view several new and exciting Chevrolet products.

How were you selected? Well, for starters, you are a Camaro/Firebird Enthusiast. You’ve “kept the faith” that the future, indeed, looks bright. You’ve continued to support the Camaro/Firebird community.

Because the number of press passes is extremely limited, we have selected your name, along with one guest, lottery-style. Thus, you are one of 250 people from a list of names well over 1,200 strong.

Please review your calendar now. We would appreciate an RSVP by no later
than November 10. If you cannot attend, please indicate so that we may select the next name on the list. Please do not give your invitation away as it cannot be transferred to another person. This invitation is for you and one guest. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you a third press pass.

We will be making blocks of rooms available should you wish to reserve a room at local hotels. If flying to Detroit, we suggest Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) or Flint Bishop Airport (FNT) We’ll send you more information as details develop.

I hope to see you in January!
Scott Settlemire
Manager – Chevrolet Shows and Exhibits
I don't want to read too much into this but I am suprised at the mention of the Firebird.
Here is another post from Scott
a bit of clarification:

GM does not control passes for press days as we are an exhibitor at the show....we are not the 'organizer' per se.

we were able to get 250 passes.............

now.........I have a list of 1,259 names from various sites that are 'enthusiasts' in that they are 'regulars'......also those who are webmasters......and club presidents (that I know of) .......and those who actually plan and hold Fcar shows for enthusiasts.

the only fair way to do this was to put all 1,259 names in a box......and have someone perform a 'lottery'.

Those whose names were drawn have been notified by email. If they cannot come, they cannot pass their invite on to someone else -- rather, the next name is selected.

The show opens the following Saturday (8th and 9th are the week earlier)

I'm sorry we can't host everyone.........there's nothing I'd like better.......however, I felt this was the fairest way to do this.

I'm sure that there will be a simulcast of the 'goings on' within the GM Exhibit.

[post="40986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks for the info!

I'll give my live savings and my liver to be someones guest. I won't take much room. I fit quite nicely in a carry-on.  :D

[post="41080"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm still waiting to receive the e-mail... damn technology, you can never trust it! :lol:

*sits stunned*

Wow...such royal treatment for the Camaro/Firebird enthusiasts....

Guess GM/Chevrolet does care about enthusiats ... too bad it only cares about a select group....

*shakes head*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'

Let me clear up a few things....... FIRST........nowhere did I use the word "Camaro"......but you will note that this special event is for Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts......... Second.....someone posted the letter sent out. They also posted how people were selected. Can anyone give me a more fair way of doing this? Third......I don't like the "yahoo" word.....it's insulting. It only serves to perhaps validate the myth that all Camaro and Firebird owners are trash. That simply is not true. I've spent many years travelling to Fcar events and I can tell you that there are many many many wonderful people within the community. It's too bad that a few ruin the reputation of the majority. For what it's worth, there are at least six Doctors on the list......two architects, many other professionals. I have been dealing with the press for many years. I would tell you that these people will represent the Camaro/Firebird community in the best way possible. In fact, I daresay they will probably behave themselves better than many members of the press. And God Forbid that they should have something good to say about General Motors after the event!!! Fourth......this was my idea. I believe it's a good one. I think it's a way to show the community, once again, that GM really does care about them. I could have saved myself many many many hours of grief by doing nothing. Is there someone who thinks I should have done nothing? There are many people within the enthusiast community that have spent countless hours and countless dollars and countless sleepless nights putting on enthusiast events that we can all enjoy. Why would we not want to entertain them? As I said.......the post is on this thread that shows how people were picked. I went thru the sites on my own time. It was not on GM's time. (wanna guess how long it takes JUST TO WRITE OUT 1,259 NAMES???) (Sorry if I sound a little 'miffed' ......'miffed' is much too tame quite frankly) We do not show cars to the press at an event like NAIAS and then remove them.....so yes, if you attend NAIAS, you will get to see all of the new cars and trucks that GM is debuts at NAIAS. Further, they will be at other shows in the late winter and early spring. I'll be posting those shows after NAIAS. To a certain webmaster.........I can't tell you how disappointed I am at your posts. And Chris........thank you for setting the record straight. Edited by fbodfather

Fbodfather, First of all welcome here. And thanks for taking another moment to clear things up on this. Personally, I am just hoping I'll be able to see a few awesome pics from the show while I am still over here in the world's largest sandbox. Sorry I missed you in Seattle in Nov, maybe next year. Take care. Hmm, maybe you can make the All Camaro/Chevy Show next year, lol.

To a certain webmaster.........I can't tell you how disappointed I am at your posts.

[post="44312"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I sincerely.....sincerely hope this was not directed towards myself, although I have a feeling it was.

Never did I use the term "yahoo" which was suggested. In fact, I even made an effort to restate what I had previously said in a different post.

Nowhere did I attempt to slam the cause, nor the movement. It's too bad if you feel I've discouraged you at all. However, if you feel I have, please enlighten me privately.

To a certain webmaster.........I can't tell you how disappointed I am at your posts.

While I am not going to attempt to speak for someone else, even you have to admit that many enthusiasts are getting tired of GM's empty promises. Many are getting tired of the constant "wait, wait, wait..." that the enthusiast community has been hearing for years. Many of us are frankly tired of waiting, and more than a few are tired of getting one's hopes up only for them to be shot to hell.

I won't believe it until I see it. If this view frustrates you, well, that is regrettable as, given the history, it does not seem to be an unreasonable view to have.

All this said, welcome to Cheers and Gears! I hope you enjoy this site and will continue to post here in the future. Here's to GM! :clink:

I sincerely.....sincerely hope this was not directed towards myself, although I have a feeling it was.

Never did I use the term "yahoo" which was suggested. In fact, I even made an effort to restate what I had previously said in a different post.

Nowhere did I attempt to slam the cause, nor the movement. It's too bad if you feel I've discouraged you at all. However, if you feel I have, please enlighten me privately.

[post="44347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ahem.....Time's 2.

Welcome Fbodfather. I would like to thank you for your words and comments they were needed!!!!!! As for those here who still don't understand get off you high horse and get with the program as if you have been keeping the faith I know where you might have been on Jan 8th not where your going to be. Scott can only tell you what he can and gives you as much info as he is allowed. When he is able many of your questions will be answered so sit back and take a breath and learn. I hope the commnets made here will not prevent Scott from posting here as if you want to be the first to know you need him. For those who feel he is speaking to them he was and you many be the one that prevents the rest of us who believe and understand from the upcoming info. FBodfather I found the letter on a Camaro web site as well as most of any other info I post I knew it was accurate info. I hope posting it was not a problem as it was already on a web and it explaind how things were being done and it really was happening for those here that just don't get it. My name is Scott and I was lucky to be able to meet you in the past and know you a very stand up car guy and know what you say can be trusted. I will be in Detroit if the weather holds and see the car at the Show. I wish you luck and plead with you to please post here often to tone down the folks that don't have the faith. There are many here that do have the faith and would welcome you here the support would be welcomed. We need Scott he does not need us. Edited by hyperv6

We do not show cars to the press at an event like NAIAS and then remove them.....so yes, if you attend NAIAS, you will get to see all of the new cars and trucks that GM is debuts at NAIAS.  Further, they will be at other shows in the late winter and early spring.  I'll be posting those shows after NAIAS.

Thanks for the post, and this info! It's looking like I will definitely be at NAIAS during one of the two weekends. :D

Edit: 99% sure i'll be going. If so, i'll be there Jan. 14 and 15 :D Edited by AAS

Guest YellowJacket894
"Yes? No? Yes? No?" It's enough to make your head spin. But, anyhow, I think there will be a Camaro or something like one at one of the auto shows this season. How do I know? I don't, to be honest. But, I don't think GM is going to let something with good opportunities slide by anymore.

Folks things are better now for what you want than ever. Positive feed back at all levels is needed at this point. Once Jan 8th arrives we need to push for what ever they give us as you may never get a second chance. This is a time to support people like the Fbodfather as he needs all of us to back him at this point and time. If we give Scott the ammo he will hit the target. Much of the complaining or bitterness that has been posted is not a benefit or help to bring a car back. Once the car appears it is up to us to help show our support and not complain on small details like too retro or not enough retro etc. We need to get this car to the market and Scott will see it will be taylored to the F body fans needs. So please keep it positive and Keep the Faith. If Scott is watching others will be watching too and we can't let him down as he has done more for this program than anyone. If you need to see evidence of Fbodfather drive for this car read page 82 of the Camaro Performer Magazine on news stands now. He is the kind of guy GM needs and we want incharge. If you can go to the Detroit Autoshow and let them know what you want [a Camaro] and if you can't make it to the show a positive e mail of support for the car to GM would be appreciated. If you want this to happen you need to make it happen. I can say I don't really think the big time F body fans are being invited to see a Aveo concept. Do you? So what do you say we kick some Mustang butt!!!!! Even with the base V6 too. Edited by hyperv6

......... I don't want cryptic or vague answers, I want the facts.

[post="44345"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And I want a date with Christie Brinkley or Sandy Bullock, too........but it ain't happening right away...........

In due time, my friend; in due time.

There are many reasons GM isn't talking.........read my book in a couple of years (at this point it may be several volumes..........two alone on websites!) and then you will understand.........

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh earlier on this thread.......but......I was in another (of many) hotel rooms after a particularly grueling day....... Most of you don't know me. But let me say that I have ultimate respect for most of the Camaro (and Firebird) Enthusiast community. You, the enthusiast have helped keep the dream of the Camaro/Firebird alive. Yes, it's so very frustrating to love a car and have such passion for it......only to have the manufacturer of that car seem to turn a deaf ear. Let me assure you that this is not the case. There are many reasons why the Camaro went on hiatus. There are many reasons why we play our 'future product plans' close to the vest. I understand your frustration. That's why I spend way too much time on the various sites......to let you know ...as best as I can....that you ARE heard. when I saw several posts criticizing GM for inviting enthusiasts to NAIAS, I was flabberghasted.......I cannot understand how anyone......anyone.....on this enthusiast site ......or any other enthusiast site......could find that this was not a good idea. Perhaps I'm thick here.........but we're damned because we won't talk.....and when we DO do something for the community, we're still damned.......... (shakes head........bashes it into a wall) Now......I'm hoping that perhaps I was tired and I misunderstood some of these posts.........I'm gonna assume that I was.

Do these message boards really have any impact on top GM executives as to whether they should resurrect the Camaro? The Camaro should only come back if there is a strong business case for it and if it will be substantially profitable.

Thanks for coming back Scott! I am very please your reading this site. You were not too harsh and just said what needed to be said. Sometime's some folks can get frustrated on this topic and need to be realed back in. Many here do not know you and have never read any of your post. I have reposted many of the things you have posted on other web sites and understand how you relay what info you can. I have tried explained how the puzzle pieces in time all fit and you tell us as much as you are allowed to tell. Some of what you read was folks that don't understand how you work and in many cases how GM and the auto industry work. In these days it not easy for many in the industry to even understand at times. If you might tell the ones here a little about yourself and keep us updated on what you able to post I believe you will be our greatest asset on this site. Thank you for being here and I look foward to your post here. If you write that book I will buy it as it is a very interesting story. For those on this site read his post and understand the gears are moving but move at their GM's pace for a reason. Things are good but never 100% till that first car rolls off the line. If Scott choses to post here you will be as informed as anyone on this side of the fence at GM. If you ask questions he will answer to the best of his ability but do not be upset is it is not always clear. He has a job to do and can not always paint a full picture at the time the question is asked. In time his replys all add up. He is one of us a car guy so treat him well.

Thanks for coming back Scott! I am very please your reading this site.

You were not too harsh and just said what needed to be said. Sometime's some folks can get frustrated on this topic and need to be realed back in.

Many here do not know you and have never read any of your post. I have reposted many of the things you have posted on other web sites and understand how you relay what info you can. I have tried explained how the puzzle pieces in time all fit and you tell us as much as you are allowed to tell.

Some of what you read was folks that don't understand how you work and in many cases how GM and the auto industry work. In these days it not easy for many in the industry to even understand at times.

If you might tell the ones here a little about yourself and keep us updated on what you able to post I believe you will be our greatest asset on this site.

Thank you for being here and I look foward to your post here. If you write that book I will buy it as it is a very interesting story.

For those on this site read his post and understand the gears are moving but move at their GM's pace for a reason. Things are good but never 100% till that first car rolls off the line. If Scott choses to post here you will be as informed as anyone on this side of the fence at GM. If you ask questions he will answer to the best of his ability but do not be upset is it is not always clear. He has a job to do and can not always paint a full picture at the time the question is asked. In time his replys all add up. He is one of us a car guy so treat him well.

[post="44856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

aw shucks, HypberV6........

(blushing........)

:CG_all:

Almost forgot about this.... made it like 8 months ago and I guess it's all over the internet these days. I love how the internet works. Everything get's borrowed or recycled. :P

Posted Image

Yes, it's so very frustrating to love a car and have such passion for it......only to have the manufacturer of that car seem to turn a deaf ear.

I know this all too well....

Let me assure you that this is not the case.

But, it's only selective hearing, apparently....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I can’t take anymore" ... 3rd Eye Blind ... 'How's It Going To Be'

aw shucks, HypberV6........

(blushing........)

:CG_all:

[post="44910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Best. Post. Ever.

Take note of the words of a genious.

C&G is looking forward to meeting Scott (don't call me Mr.) Settlemire in early January and being part of this fantastically historic event. (Just check out the Camaroz28 Future Vehicle board).

Can't wait for it!

Those that were with us during the NY Auto show know that I met Scott there and he proved to be everything people say about him and more. It's great to know there is such an enthusiast working at Chevy, especially one that spends so much time with other enthusiasts on sites like this one. Scott took time out of his busy day (I watched him put of a few fires while I was there) to allow me to get up and personal with the TBSS, Malibu SS and 2006 Impala and MC, all of which were fenced off for the general press. Scott is a guy that you can sit and BS about cars all day. Thanks, and I hope to see you at NY in 06. -Walt Keegan

Myself and Chris Pauwels will be in attendance if CaminoLS6 can't make it. I'll have my digital camera (that records) as well as my phone that also records at 1.3 mega pix. We'll have you covered and will have the information up from the live shows ASAP from somebody that will have access to my account so I can upload the videos/pictures. It will be covered extensivly here on C&G.

It will be covered extensivly here on C&G.

[post="45418"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't do too good a job, otherwise I won't have a reason to go to Detroit anymore :P

Can't wait to see it online on the 8th, then see it all in person on the 14th!

Let me clear up a few things.......

FIRST........nowhere did I use the word "Camaro"......but you will note that this special event is for Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts......... 

Second.....someone posted the letter sent out.  They also posted how people were selected.  Can anyone give me a more fair way of doing this?

Third......I don't like the "yahoo" word.....it's insulting.  It only serves to perhaps validate the myth that all Camaro and Firebird owners are trash.  That simply is not true.  I've spent many years travelling to Fcar events and I can tell you that there are many many many wonderful people within the community.  It's too bad that a few ruin the reputation of the majority.

For what it's worth, there are at least six Doctors on the list......two architects, many other professionals. 

I have been dealing with the press for many years.  I would tell you that these people will represent the Camaro/Firebird community in the best way possible. In fact, I daresay they will probably behave themselves better than many members of the press. And God Forbid that they should have something good to say about General Motors after the event!!!

Fourth......this was my idea.  I believe it's a good one. I think it's a way to show the community, once again, that GM really does care about them. I could have saved myself many many many hours of grief by doing nothing. Is there someone who thinks I should have done nothing?

There are many people within the enthusiast community that have spent countless hours and countless dollars and countless sleepless nights putting on enthusiast events that we can all enjoy.  Why would we not want to entertain them?

As I said.......the post is on this thread that shows how people were picked.  I went thru the sites on my own time.  It was not on GM's time.  (wanna guess how long it takes JUST TO WRITE OUT 1,259 NAMES???)

(Sorry if I sound a little 'miffed' ......'miffed' is much too tame quite frankly)

We do not show cars to the press at an event like NAIAS and then remove them.....so yes, if you attend NAIAS, you will get to see all of the new cars and trucks that GM is debuts at NAIAS.  Further, they will be at other shows in the late winter and early spring.  I'll be posting those shows after NAIAS.

And Chris........thank you for setting the record straight.

Amen! Let them have it Scott. I am anxoiusly waiting unill the press unviels whatever it is that will be displayed to the rest of us who were not lucky enough to get an invite.

Let me clarify my statement:

General Motors has far from approved any Camaro for production, in fact it's still nothing more than a drawing on a board with the possibility it *might* be in clay.

Wow...and to think that just a year ago you swore up and down that the Camaro was all but locked in and way past "clay"...