GM Sales Slide 41%

Ouch...only 265 Sky sales...astra is tanking worse than ever....OUCH!

Local Saturn Dealer is advertising the 2009 Astra at something like 12,500with alloys, etc.

GM can't be making any money at this price.

Chris

Ouch...only 265 Sky sales...astra is tanking worse than ever....OUCH!

GM can't be making any money at this price.

Chris

Then again, I couldn't imagine Nov being a good month for a convertible sports car, outside of Fla and the SW.

Desrosier Canadian sales

And yet Canada still defies gravity with total vehicle sales ONLY down 10.3% for the month!

GM is down 23.4% for the month

Ford is up 1.3% (still have leaes around here!)

Chrysler is down 16% for November.

Honda is down 27.5% for the month! :mind-blowing:

Toyota UP 0.5% for the month. <_<

This was expect with the ending of the Employee discount and now the redtag pricing should help December sales some. When compared to Toyota and all the bad press and them being down 41 next to GM's 31 doesn't seem to bad. I am not to suprised but still sick then again compare them to Toyota we didn't fair to bad.

what is their name and number? the dealers here won't freaking budge.

If your serious, I could do some checking around. I saw this in the paper when I was in the doctors office waiting for my son...

Chris

Desrosier Canadian sales

And yet Canada still defies gravity with total vehicle sales ONLY down 10.3% for the month!

GM is down 23.4% for the month

Ford is up 1.3% (still have leaes around here!)

Chrysler is down 16% for November.

Honda is down 27.5% for the month! :mind-blowing:

Toyota UP 0.5% for the month. <_<

Honda has been dropping around here in central Ohio also, and with the big Honda plants just up the road in Marysville, one would think this would be the LAST place Honda would drop.

Chris

They have a 285 day supply of G8s and Holden may end the export program all together. The G8 flopped like I predicted, because it is too heavy, and not tailored to the American market. Plus Pontiac's brand image is dead.

Enclave down over 40% to 2,000 sales, GM bragged about how the Enclave was such a strong seller, it is a dud now, so I question if Buick has any life left in it.

CTS was down 48% as well. GM's recent products, though improved still aren't enough. And the bad models are ruining the reputation of the good ones. They need products that blow the CTS and Malibu out of the water.

GM had to suffer massive failure like they are in now to change. I knew this day was coming years ago and they had to shed brands and build quality not quantity. Now GM is forced to make radical change to stay alive, and they will be better for it. When GM gets lean and focused, in 5 years they may be making the best cars in the world.

They have a 285 day supply of G8s and Holden may end the export program all together. The G8 flopped like I predicted, because it is too heavy, and not tailored to the American market. Plus Pontiac's brand image is dead.

Wrong. It flopped because of the high fuel costs which scared people away from large cars and into small ones, followed by the automotive market crash.

Every review has been positive about it.

Wrong. It flopped because of the high fuel costs which scared people away from large cars and into small ones, followed by the automotive market crash.

I drove one and love the car, I was very comfortable in it. If I were in the market for a new car or lightly used, I'd seriously consider the G8.

Fuel isn't expensive now and the G8 is not selling. Others cars that get similar mileage sell much better than the G8 (Lucerne, CTS, 5-series, E-class, 300, Charger, DTS, etc).

The problem is people that want a sport sedan, don't want a large, heavy car, and the G8 inside and out is designed for Australia, not the USA. The GTO failed because of styling, G8 is a repeated mistake. Despite the positive reviews, no one wants the car. Pontiac can't support a $30k car it seems, brand image is now rebadged rental car.

Olds outsold Saturn and Buick, yet they killed Oldsmobile which was over 100 years old, so nothing is untouchable when it comes to killing brands. Saturn has fewer dealers, so it is easier to close them down.

They need products that blow the CTS and Malibu out of the water.

BMW and Mercedes can't even blow the CTS out of the water.

Honda and Toyota can't blow the Malibu out of the water.

yet you expect GM to blow itself out of the water?

Fuel isn't expensive now and the G8 is not selling. Others cars that get similar mileage sell much better than the G8 (Lucerne, CTS, 5-series, E-class, 300, Charger, DTS, etc).

The problem is people that want a sport sedan, don't want a large, heavy car, and the G8 inside and out is designed for Australia, not the USA. The GTO failed because of styling, G8 is a repeated mistake. Despite the positive reviews, no one wants the car. Pontiac can't support a $30k car it seems, brand image is now rebadged rental car.

Olds outsold Saturn and Buick, yet they killed Oldsmobile which was over 100 years old, so nothing is untouchable when it comes to killing brands. Saturn has fewer dealers, so it is easier to close them down.

You're still full of it.

People can't get financing to buy a $30k car. The G8 is an unknown. The Lucerne and all the rest you mentioned have name equity where the G8 does not. If GM is a fault for anything, it's this. Had the G8 been named Bonneville and marketed...like.. at all... G8 would do much better. Every review of the G8 mentions the weight and then says you never notice it. So there goes your idea.

It's a credit/finance thing. Unfortunately the G8 will suffer solely because of a bad economy.

As usual, SMK proves yet again that he can't see the forest for the trees.

The economy and the credit crisis are the actual reasons that G8 sales are down. In fact, the G8 is currently outselling the Prius by a slim margin.

To judge the viability of any car in a market as battered as this is flawed thinking.

BMW and Mercedes can't even blow the CTS out of the water.

Honda and Toyota can't blow the Malibu out of the water.

yet you expect GM to blow itself out of the water?

CTS is easy, build it out of aluminum (at least parts if not all) to cut weight, carbon fiber panels for the CTS-V. 3.6 DI standard, twin turbo V6 (3.0 or 3.6) optional, diesel V6 and 8-speed automatic options, all new DOHC V8 (with turbos for the V). Inside add optional sun shades, 17 speaker, 500+ watt stereo, replace gray plastic with real brushed aluminum, blue tooth, blind spot and lane departure warning, and head-up display. Base price to $50,000.

Generally I like the Malibu, but it needs a touch screen navigation system and hard drive for songs, interior materials could be a little softer to the touch, hybrid version that gets 38 mpg, longer warranty, new DI 4-cylinder, 3.0 DI V6 that makes 250 hp, but with better mileage than the 3.6 liter.

CTS is easy, build it out of aluminum (at least parts if not all) to cut weight, carbon fiber panels for the CTS-V. 3.6 DI standard, twin turbo V6 (3.0 or 3.6) optional, diesel V6 and 8-speed automatic options, all new DOHC V8 (with turbos for the V). Inside add optional sun shades, 17 speaker, 500+ watt stereo, replace gray plastic with real brushed aluminum, blue tooth, blind spot and lane departure warning, and head-up display. Base price to $50,000.

Generally I like the Malibu, but it needs a touch screen navigation system and hard drive for songs, interior materials could be a little softer to the touch, hybrid version that gets 38 mpg, longer warranty, new DI 4-cylinder, 3.0 DI V6 that makes 250 hp, but with better mileage than the 3.6 liter.

How old are you? Really?

As usual, SMK proves yet again that he can't see the forest for the trees.

The economy and the credit crisis are the actual reasons that G8 sales are down. In fact, the G8 is currently outselling the Prius by a slim margin.

To judge the viability of any car in a market as battered as this is flawed thinking.

Prius sold 8,660 in November compared to 1,000 G8s, 161,000 Prius year to date compared to 14,000 G8s.

If it was simply that people couldn't get financing, how is the CTS selling, or the 3-series or any other $30k or more car selling. The G8 was heavily marketed during the NCAA basketball tournament last year, and financing was available in spring and the car didn't sell back then. The G8, regardless of how fast the V8 version is or how well it handles does not sell. Maybe the badge on the hood is the reason to blame.

1. Malibu has turn-by-turn, free for the first year. Better than DVD-NAV. Can take mid-trip course changes without having to pull over and place vehicle in park. Eyes on road, talk to a human. In a $22k vehicle, people don't want or care about Nav screens anyway.

2. iPods are the norm these days, so who cares about a built-in hard drive? XM is free-flowing.

3. Softer materials? :mind-blowing: Let's not go there. A big WHO CARES? Apparently you haven't sat in the sea-of-grey-Accord these days.

4. For less than a couple grand, the hybrid's fuel bump is cost effective, plus it adds nearly a second to the 4 cylinder's speed trials - 2.5 seconds 0-60 faster than a Prius. A good compromise for those who want economy without spending $30k

5. Longer warranty? Are you kidding me? 5/100 on the powertrain with Roadside. 8 years on the hybrid. None of the other middle priced brands offer more.

6. Not sure how much more the SIDI engine costs to build, but every one of your 'wish list' items would add a lot of $$$ to the price of the car.

Glad you're not in charge. We'd all be forced to buy $60,000 cars.

How old are you? Really?

27, but I don't see any of that as hard to do. The Genesis has a V8, 17 speaker stereo and sun shade, 5-series has sun shades and the billion way seats. Anything Hyundai has, Cadillac should have. The 2010 A6 is aluminum, 5-series has some aluminum in it. The new Fusion gets 38 mpg and has an 8 inch touch screen. If a $200 phone can have touch screen, why not a $25,000 car.

It wouldn't be hard to make the CTS and Malibu better if GM wasn't distracted with Saturn, Saab, Hummer, G5s, G3s, Yukons, etc.

27, but I don't see any of that as hard to do. The Genesis has a V8, 17 speaker stereo and sun shade, 5-series has sun shades and the billion way seats. Anything Hyundai has, Cadillac should have. The 2010 A6 is aluminum, 5-series has some aluminum in it. The new Fusion gets 38 mpg and has an 8 inch touch screen. If a $200 phone can have touch screen, why not a $25,000 car.

It wouldn't be hard to make the CTS and Malibu better if GM wasn't distracted with Saturn, Saab, Hummer, G5s, G3s, Yukons, etc.

Hyundai pays their workers in bags of rice I can pick up at Costco for $15.

CTS down 48% for November yet up 8.2% ytd...... interesting... interesting.

The 07 model had average sales, so with the new 08 it surged early and is sucking up STS volume. They have sold 54,000 so far this year, 55-60,000 is about what the original did around 2004-2005.

The 07 model had average sales, so with the new 08 it surged early and is sucking up STS volume. They have sold 54,000 so far this year, 55-60,000 is about what the original did around 2004-2005.

What? You're not going to sugar coat things like you did in the Mercedes sales thread?

The Hyundai is still a Hyundai, there is no unique personality to the car. The G8 has a very unique personality.

If you want a mee too mobile with soft plastics, the Hyundai should be a set of wheels for you...

Chris