Most Popular Car Colors

HarleyEarl

Wow... What a bunch of lame people.

I guess we can all drive our homogeny white, homogenized Toyotas into a bright future.

A future of happy, shiny people in white Priuses, clear blue skies, rainbows, green fields, sunshine and happiness. It will be blissful. :)

A future of happy, shiny people in white Priuses, clear blue skies, rainbows, green fields, sunshine and happiness. It will be blissful. :)

I've never seen a white 2nd gen Prius. I've seen a couple of white 1st gens, but all the 2nd gens around here are either black, blue or red.

I've never seen a white 2nd gen Prius. I've seen a couple of white 1st gens, but all the 2nd gens around here are either black, blue or red.

Hmmm...I can't recall if I've seen one either. The most common colors of 2nd gen models I've seen here are silver, dark gray, and gold. Once in a while a silver blue one, silver green or dark red, but rarely.

I would think I would see white ones here, since white seems to be the most common car color in the desert (reflects heat?).

I've seen quite a few white 2nd gen Priuses, but I've also owned two white cars...a Buick Regal, and my Jeep Grand Cherokee...I honestly think that most cars look good in white or black no matter what...other than keeping them clean, they are very attractive colors. Some cars just look hideous in other colors but don't look bad in those two or silver...so I can understand the choices...

Silver, and to a greater extent, black, do perform wonders for the appearances of some vehicles. And generally makes them classier looking too.

Silver, and to a greater extent, black, do perform wonders for the appearances of some vehicles. And generally makes them classier looking too.

I'll agree with this. Silver has worked well for the chromier exteriors of my LaCrosse and Regal.

For some reason, they don't work well on the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo. Those need to be white.

My general opinion is that a lighter metallic color (silver, light blue, and rarely seafoam green) are the most flattering for a car's apperance.

Certain cars look better in dark colors instead of light metallic or white, IMHO. I much prefer dark colors for the most part. On some cars, silver is such a predicable, dull choice--like on any Mercedes or BMW. For example, the CLS looks infinitely hotter IMHO in dark blue, dark maroon, or black than the predicable silver or white (there a lot of white Mercedes in AZ).

I've never seen a white Prius in any generation.

Ditto... I've seen Red, Blue, Black, Silver and my friend's color, beige (which wasn't their first choice, but didn't want to wait--they originally wanted Silver). I've only seen one green Prius.

I've never seen a white Prius in any generation.

Ditto... I've seen Red, Blue, Black, Silver and my friend's color, beige (which wasn't their first choice, but didn't want to wait--they originally wanted Silver). I've only seen one green Prius.

My friends Burt and Kathy have a white first gen, that shares a garage with a 40,000 mile pristine first gen MR2.

David, the librarian at the library where my 18 year old daughter tutors underprivilaged children, drives a white second gen.

It may be a regional thing, white Prius cars are common here in the midwest.

Chris

I agree with Europe.

Although, my favourite colour is green... a rich, sultry, wet looking dark green.

Just put that dark green on a 1950's cadillac, a mid 60's Mustang Fastback, or a first gen Jag E type and we are good.

Best green ever for the car was Verdero Green, on the 68 GTO and Firebird. We had neighbors growing up that had that color on a Bonneville...beautiful car.

Silver is the best color IMHO for most 60's GM cars. Ever seen a silver GTO or a silver first gen Camaro?

Actually the GTI looks good in that silver-grey they have for it...don't know if they have that color for the Rabbit, but I've seen TDI Jettas that color...NICE!

My friends Burt and Kathy have a white first gen, that shares a garage with a 40,000 mile pristine first gen MR2.

David, the librarian at the library where my 18 year old daughter tutors underprivilaged children, drives a white second gen.

It may be a regional thing, white Prius cars are common here in the midwest.

Chris

Could be...I know that I've seen a couple white 1st gen models, never seen a white 2nd gen in Co/Az/Ca.

I visited a buddy of mine in Boulder, Co in when I was back home in Oct, he had a white 1st gen Prius as a commuter car a few years ago that he replaced w/ a silver 2nd gen in '05. He and his wife have an eclectic threesome in their garage--- the silver 2nd gen, his wife's green Subie Outback wagon (stereotypical Boulder car), and his new midlife crisis toy--a black Challenger SRT8.

Just put that dark green on a 1950's cadillac, a mid 60's Mustang Fastback, or a first gen Jag E type and we are good.

Best green ever for the car was Verdero Green, on the 68 GTO and Firebird. We had neighbors growing up that had that color on a Bonneville...beautiful car.

I love that color... was it a Pontiac exclusive? Another green I like a lot was a silver green that Chevy used heavily around '69-70...seen a lot of Impalas and Camaros in that color...there was a goregous '69 RS Camaro conv. in that color my town when I was in high school. Another goregous green GM that I remember from long ago was a beautiful '71 Buick Centurion convertible, Buick mags, dark green, white & black interior, white top..

Think that Verdero was Pontiac exclusive...and Buick built some of the sexiest ragtops ever. My grandfather owned several...

Chris

Ya, I had an uncle that had a few..I remember a '71 Centurion and a '75 LeSabre that he had in the '70s when I was a kid..

The 75 was the last year of the fullsized Buick ragtop, IIRC. Nice looking cars...

They looked best in cark colors, like Blue or Maroon. Somehow the chrome came off as more elegant that way...

Chris

The 75 was the last year of the fullsized Buick ragtop, IIRC. Nice looking cars...

They looked best in cark colors, like Blue or Maroon. Somehow the chrome came off as more elegant that way...

Chris

Ya...though I've see alot of them across the brands (BCOP) in baby blue, bright red, and white. The darker colors seem less common.