Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2010 Lexus RX

Northstar

The Mercedes & BMW are both quite nice IMHO,

When I get around to replacing the GC eventually in a few years, I've thought about either a 3rd gen GC CRD, CPO ML diesel or CPO 6-cyl X6... a couple friends have 1st gen X6s, I've ridden in and driven them, find them quite nice. I like the Range Rovers, but the Land Rover models don't appeal to me at all (now if the Defender were still available here, I'd love one of them). I figure I'll probably always have an SUV for winter, hauling stuff occasionally, and a bit of off-roading (the AZ thing is temporary, I'll be in the land of rain and snow again within a year).

If Chrysler survives the new GC is due in `01 or `11.

If Chrysler survives the new GC is due in `01 or `11.

Yeah, if they stay on the 6 yr cycle, a 4th gen is due for '11. I've been really happy w/ my 2nd gen, haven't liked the interior of the 3rd gen models.

veracruz ain't bad. to me its what the 2nd gen rendezxvoux should have been.

veracruz is much nicer than this lexus abortion.

1st gen x5's are really nice. i've ridden in an x3. seems a bit poseurish.

toyota ought to get their shorts in a bind. the genesis and veracruz make you ask the question 'why would i spend so much more on a pukey toyota'?

Edited by regfootball

It's funny how Hyundai is putting so many people on notice.. The Veracruz IS a very nice Crossover SUV. It's amazing to me how it's not selling more. Actually, I should not be surprised. Hyundai does NOT know how to market.... In any event, I've driven the X3 as a rental vehicle and it's nice, well-built - but crampy and uncomfortable (to me).

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. It is so common place that my wife and the kids use to play a game when we went for a drive. We would count how many RX, Corvettes, Bugs and Azteks we would see and assign points value to each car. The one who had the most point would win. On long trips to Disneyland it would keep the kids amused, busy, and distract them from complaining "are we there yet". Because everyone and their mother had an RX, we allocated 2 pts to.

If anything is 'generic', its the most commonplace 'lux' SUV on the road.

And no one who drives an rx has any idea which wheels are moving the vehicle.

BTW- C&D recently ran a 8 $50K SUV comparison and ranked them thusly :

1. acura mdx

2. Cadillac SRX

3. bmw x5

4. mercedes ml350

5. toyota gx470

6. volvo xc90

7. volks touareg

8. land rover lr3

If magazine reviews carry any weight with you, you might want to check it out.

I expect the '10 SRX to show the same class advances the CTS has in its.

The front end looks like it is squinting and the slot below the grill looks ridiculous. The interior looks horrible and is a big step backwards. Somehow it looks cheap which is not good in this class of cars. I think the interior will turn off a lot of people. We got used to the 2 nd gen RX eventually after we saw them on the road and driving them when our car was in for service. I don't think my wife and I will ever like this 3rd gen.