Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

WIP: Axalon

18 posts in this topic

It's a fanart of sorts I guess, of my favorite space ship. The transwarp exploration ship Axalon. Still in the fairly early stages. The main modeling is done but lots of details must be made. Then of course there's the texturing.

I haven't posted anything here in a while, so even though it isn't a car I thought I'd share. Hope you like it.

WIP__Maximal_Exploration_Ship_by_Kimura_

Not sure if I like the name... reminds me of Avalon.

Awesome rendering work.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Not sure if I like the name... reminds me of Avalon.

Awesome rendering work.

I love the name, and that was the name of the actual ship.

400px-Axalon1.jpg

That's the original.

Thanks by the way!

What's that from?

Model's looking great so far, btw.

What's that from?

Model's looking great so far, btw.

Beast Wars Transformers.

Thanks! ^_^

Beast Wars Transformers.

Thanks! ^_^

:lol:

I thought that looked/sounded familiar...

But it's still using pushrods, doesn't have 27 way power seats, the plastic under the dash is a nicer shade of gray, and Axalon just doesn't have the brand cache of Acura or Audi....

wait....

what?

oh... nice render though.

Nice Render... I was always rather a fan of the look of the Excelsior Class ships from Star Trek.

excels.jpg

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Nice Render... I was always rather a fan of the look of the Excelsior Class ships from Star Trek.

excels.jpg

No classier way to go transwarp.

But it's still using pushrods, doesn't have 27 way power seats, the plastic under the dash is a nicer shade of gray, and Axalon just doesn't have the brand cache of Acura or Audi....

wait....

what?

oh... nice render though.

Well actually the seats rotate 360 degrees, move for and aft about 10 feet, the interior is all metal, oh and it has guns...it doesn't need brand cache.

:P

excels.jpg

Ah yes, as far as Star Trek goes that's one of my favorite ship designs, but this the Axalon is my favorite of all time, the other being the Darksyde, actually. Also the Transwarp Cruiser is very cool. I always liked the ship designs of Beast Wars.

Darkside1.jpg

Transwarpcruiser_firing.jpg

I also like:

enter_1.jpg

EnterpriseE.jpg

800px-Klingon_Bird-of-Prey.jpg

xwing.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

I wish I had that much modelling skill........I guess it comes with time and practice. Love your spaceship.

I wish I had that much modelling skill........I guess it comes with time and practice. Love your spaceship.

Thanks! I'm doing some renders of the nearly finished model, maybe I'll post them?

Thanks! I'm doing some renders of the nearly finished model, maybe I'll post them?

Where are you going to find the textures? I assume there are other forums or sites you know of that have that sort of thing...

Where are you going to find the textures? I assume there are other forums or sites you know of that have that sort of thing...

Yeah, the textures aren't an issue. I already have some pretty nice ones. The trick for me is mapping them. That's the thing I still have to figure out how to do well. I understand the general concept (finally) but I'm not sure how to actually make it work on my model. Once I'm 100% finished modeling, that'll be the next thing to work on.

Edited by Dodgefan

Have you messed around in Photoshop CS4? Supposedly the new 3d features incorporated into it are pretty good.

What do you use for the rendering? Maya?

Have you messed around in Photoshop CS4? Supposedly the new 3d features incorporated into it are pretty good.

What do you use for the rendering? Maya?

Yep, Maya all the way!

I don't have and haven't tried CS4 yet. :scratchchin:

I'll post the new renders before I go to bed.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0